• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay! Stargate's still alive .
    Rag Doll

I swallowed a bug!

Comment

Sci Fi shouldn't get to air it.
      And if they're straight to dvd then Sci Fi's clause won't matter.

Perhaps that's their brilliant plan.
      Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-o.
      O'Neill: ...Call Daniel.

Comment

Wow...MGM is NOT playing around. They are pushing hard for SG-1. I know it's about the money...but I applaud them for realizing that the show has a strong fan base. (heck, many studios wouldn't even notice)

Awesome Go MGM!
        It feels good to be alive.
        Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti View Post
          Things I wish the movies entail….

1.) There is some kind of Relationship between Daniel and Vala (Ok I love these two and to not give Daniel or Vala a happy ending would be evil…..I hope that neither of the two dies or gets written off in the first movie…..I want a Happy ending darn it!!!!!!!!!) sorry as for right now my love life is zip….and I am living vicariously through the show’s characters…… if anyone have to ask…. It’s Daniel and Vala so please no one rain on my parade…..(PMS)

I'm really hoping that Daniel and Vala will be in the spinoff if there is one *fingers crossed*

Come and visit the Daniel/ Vala Forum

SAVE SG-1 CLICK HERE TO SIGN PETITION

Comment

Originally posted by The DJ View Post
            MGM has talked about starting their own network. I don't mind buying the DVDs for a first view. I would rather watch the DVD quality anyway than the not up with the times, non HD version on SciFi. Also, I hope SciFi doesn't get to air it. I felt the same way about Farscape. They were the idiots that cancelled it, why should they get ratings from the comeback? I still watched PKW but I did it so I could see it, not because I was thrilled it was on SciFi.

I'm still holding out hope that MGM will decide to pursue an episodic continuation with SG-1. Maybe the series can start back up after the movies close. If they wrap everything up though, that is less likely.

I know many might not agree but I think a couple SG-1 characters should translate into the new series. I'm not quite ready to give up on these people yet and I don't want them stuffing them into Atlantis either. Atlantis is starting to find it's leg in the characters. I'm extremely excited about "Sunday" in the second half of the season.

Agreed. I think Sci-Fi may have screwed themselves...I think once the deal with MGM and Sci-Fi ends MGM will move on to another channel...or maybe their OWN channel considering how poorly Sci-Fi has handled things.
            It feels good to be alive.
            Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
              It probably won't. If these truly are "straight to DVD" and a potential third series is on cable television, only something on TV would be set up the third series.

Atlantis would be the better springboard.
              I'm not interested in an Atlantis spinoff, unless they incorporated some of the recurring (like Zelenka, Lorne, etc.) and used a few of the SG1 characters. Overall I find the SG1 characters much more interesting and appealing.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

All I can say is why stop at 2. Why not more movies after that.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                  I'm not interested in an Atlantis spinoff, unless they incorporated some of the recurring (like Zelenka, Lorne, etc.) and used a few of the SG1 characters. Overall I find the SG1 characters much more interesting and appealing.
                  I don't think Atlantis would be strong enough to create a spinoff, I like Atlantis, but they don't have the history behind them to take it on. SG-1 has enough cast members to make a strong team for a new spinoff. Even if they only keepa few of them.
                  To be realistic if there is a spinoff they won't keep anymore than half the main cast due to the prices of wages. They have said before a ten year old production costs more than a one year old due to pay rises each year.
                  That's one of the things thats making me hope that Vala will be in a spinoff as a new cast member claudia and Ben will have lower contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                    I don't think it really matters which show it spins off of, it'll be it's own thing either way, like a third tier. If it spins off from Atlantis, it would have a special connection to it, but it'd still be it's own thing in the Stargate universe itself.

When I think of Stargate Atlantis, I think of it as it's own show, not "the spin-off show". The third series wouldn't be "Atlantis' spin-off" or "SG-1's spin-off", it'd be "Stargate: -insert name here-", so I don't see it mattering all that much. Plus, you really don't need a foundation to start a series. It could develop its own.
                    Last edited by any_gopher; 12 October 2006, 11:41 AM. Reason: Thought of a thing to add

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I remember reading soemthing a while ago that said that the producers were thinking about starting a spin-off series with the main focus was the SGC. Of course this was one of the many times when they weren't sure is SG-1 was going to get picked up for another season. But it would be interesting to see how they would handle something like that.

For the films, I am glad to see that they are not just ending the series with a cliffhanger, or some quick way to sum up everything in a few episodes. As for the second film, I am looking forward to see what they plan on doing with time travel,, maybe Ba'al will be involved somehow and that is how they will tie up the loose ends with that character.

: Green is Good.
                      sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post

For the films, I am glad to see that they are not just ending the series with a cliffhanger, or some quick way to sum up everything in a few episodes. As for the second film, I am looking forward to see what they plan on doing with time travel,, maybe Ba'al will be involved somehow and that is how they will tie up the loose ends with that character.

I would like to see Baal in them too, its highly possible he could be in the first one as Baal is trying to fight the Ori in his own way.

Comment

Yippie!!!! I WANT MY SG1 DVDs!!!!!! (Movies that is!!!)

George Lucas is right, theatrical movies are the past...DVD and downloads are
                          the future....
                          Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by senordingdong View Post
                            Sci Fi shouldn't get to air it.
                            And if they're straight to dvd then Sci Fi's clause won't matter.

Perhaps that's their brilliant plan.
                            I personally think that MGM should fire someone over this clause thing. I have never heard anything so stupid before, in business.

As far as the movies go I have to say it. Thanks BB and Black. That and Time Travel. Why don't we just write the show. Can I get a big done that been there and it wasn't good the first time so why do it again.
                            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

I'm looking forward to these movies!
                              I'd love a Ba'al spin-off!!!

Comment

sounds like a plan. I just feel sorry for claudia black, she just got here and now they are cancelling, hopefully the movies will make up for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X