Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheyenne mountain is just overly out-dated in the real world. Just think of the cost to replace the computers alone! Plus, the Air Force has been facing a lot of budget cuts in the past couple years.

Comment

Has anyone else heard the rumor that Stargate SG1 being canceled because of this?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_W
        Has anyone else heard the rumor that Stargate SG1 being canceled because of this?
        Oh, geez...

No.

SG1 is supposed to be a SECRET operation BELOW NORAD.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Well, we already know that there's differences... maybe they'll just ignore it and go with the show.

Comment

ya timing is funny. Show being canceled, NORAD closes? Government spent almost a billion dollars in last 5 years just to close the base. I smell something funny.

Comment

You people seem to be taking this "Stargate" thing a little too seriously. The Air Force has been closing bases and consolidating all over the world, not JUST Cheyenne Mt. The AF has really taken a hit with budget cuts

Comment

Since SG1 is based on the actual Cheyenne site, it seems only right that there is some level of connection. What really exists and how it affects what is in the show is a big ? though. It makes sense that the facility would close because of outdated technology and location exposure. I wish someone could fill us in on what's going to happen with the closed space. Still, I don't trust this whole "new location" thing. Maybe the upcoming episodes will tell us more... I mean there is a connection right?

Comment

I think it's about time some explanation of this realignment is given here so I'll link you to a post at another forum where a person that works at NORAD (yes he really does, promise) explains the reasons for the move and so on:

http://p076.ezboard.com/fhistorypoli...topic&index=19

It should clear up a bit of the confusion.
                  Bird discussion | Political discussion

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Gnatty-Bug
                    You people seem to be taking this "Stargate" thing a little too seriously. The Air Force has been closing bases and consolidating all over the world, not JUST Cheyenne Mt. The AF has really taken a hit with budget cuts
                    Hell, what military unit hasn't? I was reading an article on cutbacks in the US Army, while on the opposite page of the news, the gov't is giving tax breaks to the wealthy. Sheesh.

Comment

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14070502/

I just came across this. Does anyone have any thoughts on how this will effect the storylines?

Comment

Originally posted by stargaitor
                        http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14070502/

I just came across this. Does anyone have any thoughts on how this will effect the storylines?
                        Maybe they will finally open up the Stargate Program to the public and possibly move the the SGC to a new location. Or maybe they will simply ignore this news altogether.

Comment

Working...
                        X