This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by allaboutthegate
    I don't know if its going to be totally empty. Somebody said they are keeping it ready to come back online within an hour if ever necessary. So don't know if its just personnel that are leaving?
    Perhaps I read a different article, but they're not going to abandon it. They'll keep it just in case and I believe I read something about a small crew of a couple hundred people.

Comment

This makes for a perfect opportunity for a purpose built sgc.

Comment

So, I guess this means Martin Wood won't be able to get more new shots of the Cheyenne Mountain entrance.
        sigpic
        Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

cheyenne mountain reminds me of t3: rise of the machines... crystal peak nuclear fall out shelter. perhaps that could be an alterior motive to convert cheyenne mountain into something else. *shrugs* or a skybase like in the marvel comics (shield base) or like a watch tower from justice league. good excuse to have a new base =)

Comment

So where will all the offical UFO sighting be moved to?

Comment

I'm entirely upset by this, cuz I'd always dreamed of getting stationed there! Not that Cheyenne Mountain is the reason I'm joining the AF, but it was definately a perk. Though, I'd prefer them cleasing Cheyenne to them cutting even more officers

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson
                So, I guess this means Martin Wood won't be able to get more new shots of the Cheyenne Mountain entrance.
                I would think this would mean more shots since there wont be any regular military stuff going on.
                Maybe they might even rent entrance for filming?

Comment

Originally posted by allaboutthegate
                  I don't know because if there are still personnel there, will they let anyone near it?

No.

My dad once drove down a road called Military Road to see if it was still active and ****. 4 armed men told him to turn around. My dad jokingly asked something like "So is this an Army Base or Navy base?" (The base was in the mountains) Something really dumb like that. The military people on Miltary Road went "There is no military activity here". How stupid is the government? It's called Military Road! It was used for bombs at the time, it's now used as a paperwork storage place for the government.

Comment

I know it was reported that NORAD and the CHeyenne Mountian complex woudl clsoe but it was a bit hasty.

First the snipit:
                    Keating said he won’t close NORAD/NorthCom facilities in the mountain, because of a lesson learned on Sept. 11, 2001. When terrorists drove airplanes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, Keating was at the Pentagon as the naval operations officer. He left the command center briefly. When it was smashed by American Flight 77, Keating couldn’t get back to it.

“The notion of a single point of failure was dramatically impressed on me as an undesirable system,” he said.

“We’re not closing that place,” he emphasized about Cheyenne Mountain facilities. “Our country and Canada have made significant investments in infrastructure, in training, in readiness for Cheyenne Mountain. The young men and women who have worked up there for, lo, these many years have done a terrific job of capitalizing on the investment. We’re not walking away from that.”

And here is a link to the whole article:
                    http://www.gazette.com/display.php?id=1319664&secid=1

Comment

Man come on lets be real here. The reason for this announcement is a cover up. Too many foothold situations,the recent palgue scare, and possible Ori incursion has had the need to limit acces to Cheyenne to essential personel.

On a serious note, SG writers can explain away budget cuts by saying the nonessential research aspect of SG command has been moved to Area 51 completely in order to compensate in budget cost.

Comment

Straight from a chick doing into the Air Force: Military Intelligence is an oximoron

Comment

A lack of military intelligence? Most certainly!

Or is it a move to enhance plausible deniability, so they can keep the stargate a secret a little while longer?????

P. S. I love a good conspiracy theory!!!

Comment

Some of you people seem a little obsessive X3 Of course, I'm one to talk =P

Comment

Why Would They Tell Us Cheyenne Would Shut Down, Then Disclose The New Location?... Something Doesn't Seem Right About That. Since When Are We Told About The Truth Without 30 Years Of Trying To Keep It From Us? Makes You Go Hmmm....

Comment

I hope they decide to use this news within the show to move the SGC to another location, real or fictional. Change is good, I think the more changes the show goes through the longer it can stay fresh. For example, theres a story to be had in the Stargate being stolen while transported, that could be fun. A different SGC leads to any future episodes with a large in-SGC component feeling fresher.
                                Ok, so they'd likely have to redo the entire set to make the location seem notably different, but I bet the cost would end up being worth it if it breathes a little extra life into the show!

Comment

Working...
                                X