Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read Joe Mallozzi's interview in the News section of the forum.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=31676
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning
      I read an interview with David Eick on cinescape that would suggest that there will not be a 6month hiatus for stargate after all
      yayness!
      heres why I think this may be the case

http://cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp...5&obj_id=51719

Let us all keep our fingers crossed guys!
      Um, sounds like Cinescape is just assuing things - not sure if Eicke actually confirmed that. Also, the interview is 13 days old.

"The pre-Christmas episodes are expected to run with the second season of DOCTOR WHO, while the second half of the season should run with STARGATE."
      We're whalers on the moon,
      We carry a harpoon.
      But there ain't no whales
      So we tell tall tales
      And sing our whaling tune.

Comment

Maybe they want to get the three back together, it's a total guess. What it would do is put the premieres on track with the previous season's DVD box set release in SG1's case. The S9 box set is due on the 17th or 24th of Oct. with S10 (if they stay with the current production schedules) out on the 16th or 23rd of Oct. 2007.

Problem would be if DVD releases run by production or air schedules. Right now, S10 shoots in Vancouver from Feb. 12-second Fri in Oct. The previous season would then be released in box sets the following Tuesday or the week after based on post production issues. If that holds, then the dates above will work for S9.

S10 DVD box set release dates are based on the same formula. S11 will shoot once the producers get the go-ahead from the network and all contracts are signed. If last year is any indication.... We'll see. Rumor has it that the actors have tentatively agreed on S11 contracts if the network picks up.

Sci-Fi has expended its original programming, largely due to the fact that the Stargate franchise has taken off. Surely, they would not change that. In other words, they may be building a schedule based entirely on original programming. Whether they stretch it out (SG1 and Atlantis one day, BSG the next, and on down the line), or put it all in one night (with SG1, Atlantis, BSG, Eureka, et. al., and not in that order.) is anyone's guess. However, based on the success of SG-1, if they do it all in one night, SG-1 will be first with the others after it. It remains to be seen whether Sci-Fi wants to put all of their eggs in one basket, but that appears to be their thinking at this time. If that is the case, look for all of Sci-Fi's Original Series' premieres to be held back-to-back-to-back-to-back at either 7-11 pm et or 8-12 am et, starting with S11 of SG-1 in either September or October of 2007.
        Last edited by SGVern; 27 July 2006, 03:44 PM.
        "In the middle of my back swing?!"

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
          Yeah, I wouldn't be for that idea either. Especially since only the initial airing is what really matters to those in charge. If a show is shown twice in the same evening, those figures should at least be taken into consideration.

For example, the premiere of SG-1 this season got a 1.4 initially, right? Well, the second airing that night scored a 1.0. That should be considered somewhat, I don't care what anyone says.
          I think they do because all together that would be 2.4 ! So when you look at it that way it's not as bad.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

wouldn't surprise me. since the timing of which (poor ratings news)
            A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

No to six month hiatus, then sounds like it's just bs, yay!!!
              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                I think they do because all together that would be 2.4 ! So when you look at it that way it's not as bad.
                You forget that people might have also watched the repeat of the new episode, along with the original airing of the eps
                sigpic

Comment

I feel bad now....I wrote a pretty nasty letter to SciFi about ir.....well not nasty....just brutally honest.....well all I said was that they were crazy....is that nasty???......it's a bit hypocritical.....cuz I'm probably more crazy than them.....hmmm......

Spoiler:
                  Dear ScFi,

It concerns me and a whole slew of other Stargate fans that you are going into a SIX MONTH HIATUS!!!!! Please for the love of Oma Desala DON'T DO THAT!!!!! I have been watching Stargate for well over two years....and I am an avid fan. I know that when I was a casualy veiwer the three month Hiatus made me nearly loose intrest. Six Months will not only turn away new veiwers....but also us devoted fans......I will stick around but these past three months have been brutal....and now you want to delay the next half for Six months. If your goal is to build suspense....you aren't doing it right...suspense if held back too long.....looses it's fire...veiwers forget.....they move on....and give up. Though I will never be one of those viewers anytime soon.....I'm starting to question you Sanity....if you want to murder a perfectly good show....go right ahead. I'm not trying to be mean...I'm just being brutaly honest. You can't do this to us crazy veiwers....some of us rely too much on weekly episodes.....*cough* Me *cough* six months with out Stargate would cause alot of us to be shoved in the loony bin *cough*me*cough* we can't live with out Stargate for such along time. Imagine it Stargate is air. If you take our (veiwers) air away some will die (as in stop watching) some of us can hold our breath praying it will be returned to us soon. When it is released many of us will be damaged (turned into veiwers who only watch it if they have nothing better to do on a friday night) some may be sick (watch the show every friday but have lost most of their apprecaition) and some will be fine. But if you think the ratings are bad now....wait untill after the Hiatus.....you're making a mistake.....

yours truly, Anne

does that sound mean and nasty??? *Worried face* I was in a very bad mood...when I wrote and sent this.....

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                    You forget that people might have also watched the repeat of the new episode, along with the original airing of the eps
                    Thing is though, from what I've gathered, the initial airing is all they can really count ratings-wise. Because not all channels air episodes of shows mutiple times in the same evening.

What I meant is that they should still at least acknowledge that this show isn't doing too poorly. Those later airings should at least be figured into their decisions come renewal time. Given choices, a lot of people choose to watch the later airings.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle_Jumper_One
                      I feel bad now....I wrote a pretty nasty letter to SciFi about ir.....well not nasty....just brutally honest.....well all I said was that they were crazy....is that nasty???......it's a bit hypocritical.....cuz I'm probably more crazy than them.....hmmm......

Spoiler:
                      Dear ScFi,

It concerns me and a whole slew of other Stargate fans that you are going into a SIX MONTH HIATUS!!!!! Please for the love of Oma Desala DON'T DO THAT!!!!! I have been watching Stargate for well over two years....and I am an avid fan. I know that when I was a casualy veiwer the three month Hiatus made me nearly loose intrest. Six Months will not only turn away new veiwers....but also us devoted fans......I will stick around but these past three months have been brutal....and now you want to delay the next half for Six months. If your goal is to build suspense....you aren't doing it right...suspense if held back too long.....looses it's fire...veiwers forget.....they move on....and give up. Though I will never be one of those viewers anytime soon.....I'm starting to question you Sanity....if you want to murder a perfectly good show....go right ahead. I'm not trying to be mean...I'm just being brutaly honest. You can't do this to us crazy veiwers....some of us rely too much on weekly episodes.....*cough* Me *cough* six months with out Stargate would cause alot of us to be shoved in the loony bin *cough*me*cough* we can't live with out Stargate for such along time. Imagine it Stargate is air. If you take our (veiwers) air away some will die (as in stop watching) some of us can hold our breath praying it will be returned to us soon. When it is released many of us will be damaged (turned into veiwers who only watch it if they have nothing better to do on a friday night) some may be sick (watch the show every friday but have lost most of their apprecaition) and some will be fine. But if you think the ratings are bad now....wait untill after the Hiatus.....you're making a mistake.....

yours truly, Anne

does that sound mean and nasty??? *Worried face* I was in a very bad mood...when I wrote and sent this.....
                      Doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with it. Someone needs to get the point across that what they're doing will cost them millions of $$.

Best Stargate quote:
                      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                      Green is your friend.

Comment

If this is just a rumor, great. Sci-Fi would be making a big mistake IMO if it was true. You just don't leave people hanging for half-a-year in the middle of a season. It just isn't right, or a smart business decision.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

So what do you think about the long break for SG1 and Atlantis..? Maybe someone is trying to get us acclaimated to them not beinging around? Or just hungry for more. What do you people think?

Comment

It sucks. Why would Scifi do this? Im not so much mad at the break as the fact that BSG gets to do their entire season without a break.
                            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

It's not a big deal. Fans are totally over-reacting.

Comment

Well, I suspect the six month hiatus will probably include no repeats.

Comment

Working...
                                X