This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
    Awesome news!....Michael with wings....*slinks off back to the MS/DJ Thunk Thread*....

Deeds xx

I cannot wait myself to see that!

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
    Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

http://www.allyourtv.com/index.php?o...-in-tv-history

Today in TV history: 10/27/09

Robert Picardo is 55.

He's best known to TV audiences for his 2004-2009 role as "Richard Woolsey" on "Stargate Atlantis" and "Stargate SG-1" as well as "The Doctor" on the 1995-2001 series "Star Trek: Voyager." Other significant television roles have included "Larry Kincaid" on the 2005-2006 series "E-Ring," "Det. Nick Traub" on 2003's "The Lyon's Den," "Dr. Dick Richard" on the 1988-1991 series "China Beach," a 1988-1991 role as "Coach Cutlip" on "The Wonder Years" and a 1982-1984 role as "Officer Maxwell" on "Alice." He was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on this day in 1953.

And

Nov. 5: Actor Corin Nemec ("Parker Lewis Can't Lose") is 38.

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-w...leb-birthdays/

Comment

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEqKnyvrtM0gtw

Movieweb: Erick Avari Reminisces on Stargate: 15th Anniversary Edition

EXCERPT: Erick, watching this film fifteen years later, it doesn't look like you've aged a day. What's your secret?

Erick Avari: Well, I can tell you this much. It has nothing to do with diet or exercise.

Do you have your own personal Stargate?

Erick Avari: No, but that would be nice. I will tell you what my secret is. It's called make-up. I was only 42 when I shot this film. And they needed me too look much older. They said, "We can spend a half hour in the make-up chair." Which we did every single day. In fact, there is a very funny story about this. Towards the end of our shoot in Yuma, Arizona, where we were shooting all of the exteriors, we were getting ready to shoot the big charge down the hill. There were fifteen hundred extras and several explosions. It was a huge set-up. We were all placed over the crest of the Dunes. We had to wait there until the explosives were set up and the Dunes were swept free of all the track left by the people that them up

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Corin Nemec

http://www.pr.com/press-release/188508

Pop Culture Celebrities Appearing at New England Fan Experience

Boston, MA, October 28, 2009 --(PR.com)-- New England Fan Experience cordially invites fans to meet celebrities from TV and Movies at the Courtyard by Marriott on Tremont St. in Boston, MA, November 13-15th, 2009. Featuring special guests Leonard Nimoy, James Hong, Heather Menzies Urich, Gareth David-Lloyd, Corin Nemec, Joh De Lancie, Aaron Dismuke and Sonny Strait. New England Fan Experience is a multi-genre event which presents celebrities in science fiction, popular culture, gaming, animation, plus science and technology.

New England Fan Experience features five genre experiences, Pop Culture, Science & Technology, Sci-Fi, Anime & Kaiju, and Gaming. New England Fan Experience offers our attendees fun, unique and exciting events such as Dinner with the Stars, a live concert with Devo Spice and The Others, a shadowcast screening of Repo: The Genetic Opera, photo opportunities, autograph sessions, Karaoke, costume contest and much, much more.

The following are the celebrity guests for the Pop Culture Experience.

Heather Menzies Urich starred as Louisa von Trapp in the Oscar-winning film “The Sound of Music.” She also appeared in the films “Hawaii,” and the cult favorite “Sssssss.” She has starred in the TV show “Logan’s Run” and guest starred in shows such as “Vega$” and “Spenser For Hire” with her late husband Robert Urich. She currently spearheads the Robert Urich Foundation for Cancer Research and Patient Care. NEFanX has named this the official charity for this year's event.

Leonard Nimoy is best known for his role as Spock from the “Star Trek” series, Nimoy’s work as an actor, director, and artist are numerous and include the current hit TV series “Fringe”. He as appeared in such classic series as “Mission: Impossible” and “In Search Of...,” and has directed the films “3 Men and a Baby” and “The Good Mother”. He has also made his mark in the world of photography and has his works featured in the exhibit “Maximum Beauty” currently running at the R. Michelson Gallery.

James Hong has appeared in over 400 films from the heyday of Hollywood to the most current features. His films include “Chinatown,” “Wayne’s World 2,” and “Balls of Fury,” and his TV appearances include “Hawaii 5-O,” “Kung Fu,” and most recently on the hit sitcom “The Big Bang Theory.” Mr. Hong has lent his voice to many animated projects such as “Jackie Chan Adventures,” Nickelodeon’s “Chowder,” and the Mr. Ping in “Kung Fu Panda.”

Corin Nemec has been acting since he was 12 year old, first appearing in the TV show “Webster” and his first film “Tucker: The Man and his Dream.” He went on to star in the TV show “Parker Lewis Can’t Lose” which ran for three seasons. His other TV appearances include the Stephen King miniseries “The Stand,” “Beverly Hills 90210,” and he joined the cast of “Stargate SG-1” for it’s 6th season. He is currently collaborating with David Faustino (“Married… with Children”) on “Star-ving,” an internet web-series that spoofs HBO’s “Entourage,” and will soon appear in “Quantum Heist” and “House of Bones.”

The Others began recording songs about the TV show LOST in 2006 as a side project of their other band, The Thugs. After the awesome response to a fan video for the song, "Caught in a Net,” The Others started taking the project more seriously and over the next three seasons recorded a song for nearly every episode of Seasons 3 and all of seasons 4 & 5. The Others plan to continue on through season 6.

Devo Spice is a nerdcore/comedy/hip hop artist from New Jersey who has become one of the most popular artists on the nationally syndicated Dr. Demento Show. He was the founding member of Sudden Death, the comedy rap group that had the #1, #2, and #4 most requested songs of 2007 on the Dr. Demento Show ("Cellular Degeneration,” "Getting Old Sucks" and "Pillagers,” respectively). Devo Spice performs regularly across the country at music clubs, comedy clubs, and science fiction conventions.

There will be a screening of the rock musical film “Repo: The Genetic Opera” shown with a live Shadowcast. Boston’s Legal Assassin’s troupe will co-perform alongside this growing cult favorite. Said to be a mix of Blade Runner meets Rocky Horror, this film is a 21st century musical.

New England Fan Experience
          URL: http://nefanx.com
          Event Date: November 13th through the 15th, 2009
          Event Location: Courtyard by Marriott Tremont (275 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02116)

Comment

Details of a new interview with Michael Shanks for The Huffington Post about his upcoming guest role on Smallville as "Hawkman" are now up at MSOL with the relevant links...

The full interview with Jenna Busch can be found at The Huffington Post with a further link there to some Stargate/Sanctuary talk on Jenna's Blog...

Deeds xx
            sigpic
            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I haven't seen it highly publicized and a search of his name didn't show anything, but Cliff Simon is appearing in at least the first episode of the new season of 24. It's listed on the Filmography page of his website. He's also briefly in the Season 8 teaser trailer.

Comment

Very cool about Cliff appearing on 24. Cliff and Freddie Prinze Jr in one episode. VERY COOL!!!
                MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Morena Baccarin (Adria, SG1)

http://www.readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=163724

Morena Baccarin takes charge in ABC's new 'V'
                  By Ian Spelling
                  New York Times Syndicate

How's this for scary? Morena Baccarin, star of the upcoming sci-fi series "V," was only 4 when the original miniseries debuted in 1983.

"I was living in Brazil at the time, so we got it a few years after it came out in the States," Baccarin said. "So I was old enough to watch it by the time it got to Brazil. I remember watching it with my brother and being freaked out.

"I think it was dubbed over in Portuguese, actually."

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Michael Shanks

http://blastmagazine.com/the-magazin...yond-the-gate/

EXCERPT

After “Stargate,” Shanks got to show some range by playing a pseudo-villian in the popular USA series “Burn Notice.” He played Victor, a rogue secret agent taking revenge on the shadowy intelligence agency that killed his family. He also recently landed a role that could bring him more into the mainstream by appearing in The CW’s “Smallville,” as comic book hero Hawkman. It’s still in the realm of sci-fi/fantasy, but the show has a wider following.

Still though, we can’t forget what Shanks and the “SG-1? crew did in making the Sci-Fi/SyFy channel what it is today. A new Stargate show, “Stargate Universe” began this year, even as a rumoed “SG-1? straight-to-DVD movie is on the shelf.

“Stargate Universe” is a much younger, more melodramatic, almost juvenile take on the franchise, and fans are conflicted. Shanks is too, even though he’s slated to appear in at least four episodes this season.

“It is really slick and pretty,” Shanks said. “[But] from what I’ve sene i’m not on board. … I’m not hooked in.”

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Garry Chalk (Col. Checkov) will be on Blog Talk Radio tonight at 7:00PM Pacific:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/NDBMedia
                      Last edited by Arctic Goddess; 01 November 2009, 10:54 PM.
                      Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Aleks Paunovic (SG Atlantis -Reunion) will be on Blog Talk Radio tonight at 7:00PM Pacific:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/NDBMedia

Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Erick Avari

http://www.cinemablend.com/dvdnews/I...ari-20873.html

EXCERPT: Erick Avari has one of those "that guy" faces. Even if you couldn't put a name to the face, if you were to see the picture to the right, you'd recognize him as "that guy" from the dozens of movies he's appeared in over the past decade and a half -- a figure that, surprisingly, encompasses only half of his career as an actor. While you might know him from Stargate, The Mummy, or Mr. Deeds, his original love was theater, honing his craft in the New York theater scene with roles in everything from "A Midsummer Night's Dream" at the Joseph Papp Public Theater to "The King And I" on Broadway.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Michael Shanks

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/11/02...ture-episodes/

MTV.com

'Smallville' Hawkman Fitted For Wings, Says JSA Could Return For Future Episodes
                            Shanks also elaborated on how Hawkman will affect Clark Kent's continuing evolution as a hero.
                            “Hawkman being the alpha in the Justice Society, being someone who...has made some missteps along the way, can or could represent a type of mentor character to Clark in his leadership abilities with his burgeoning team members of the Justice League,” Shanks said. “He represents a character that has a lot of wisdom to pass down to this next generation, so there is a strong possibility that once the initial phase wears off that there will be a coming together of those two to paint a larger portrait of the future, of what Clark has available to him and what his options are.”

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Amanda Tapping

http://www.broadcastnewsroom.com/art....jsp?id=896418

Amanda Tapping Opens 'Sanctuary for Kids'
                              Auction Items From Syfy's 'Sanctuary' To Benefit At-Risk Children

Auction sales of items from Syfy's Sanctuary will benefit youth and children at risk via series star Amanda Tapping's new charity organization, Sanctuary for Kids.
                              Launched today (Nov. 4), the not-for-profit organization first plans to raise funds for the Nepal Orphans Home and Watari programs aiding homeless youth in Vancouver, B.C., where Sanctuary is produced.
                              Ebay.com auctions running from Thursday, Nov. 12, at 9 p.m. PST to Nov. 22 at 9 p.m. PST will offer up: a 20-minute Skype chat with Tapping, a Sanctuary set tour and lunch with Tapping for the winner and three friends; a "Sonic Stunner" Sanctuary prop and the opportunity to name a character on the show, now in its second season.
                              Tapping's Web site, Amandatapping.com, also set up a forum to discuss related causes and a list of charities beyond the ones supported by "S4K." Donations also can be made via Sanctuaryforkids.com.

rest at link above

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

JR Bourne (SG1)

Guest stars on FRINGE, oh darn, now, this Thursday at 9pm. Perhaps it repeats.
                              The Fringe Division takes on a puzzling investigation of victims who inexplicably disintegrate into ash. The shadowy case casts light on Special Agent Phillip Broyles’ past and leads the team to the possibility of foreign fringe science.
                              Guest Stars: Michelle Harrison as Natalie, Joe Towne as Randy Dancik, Yaroslav Poverlo as Tomas’ Brother, Gerard Plunkett as Senator Van Horn, J. R. Bourne as Mystery Man, Ravil Isyanov as Tomas, Karen Holness as TBD.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ronny Cox (SG1)

A concert by actor/banjo player Ronny Cox scheduled for Friday night at the Oceanside Civic Center Library has been canceled.

Cox has pneumonia and has canceled all upcoming engagements. For refunds, call the library at 760-435-5560.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kavan Smith (SGA)

They Deserve Their Own Show (Part 22)

EXCERPT: Kavan Smith – He’s a veteran of the sci-fi realm and is probably best known as Major Lorne in Stargate: SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis. He’s also had appearances in Smallville, Tru Calling, The Outer Limits, Battlestar Galactica, The 4400, Sanctuary and Supernatural. He is curently filming the made-for-TV movie Growing the Big One with Shannen Doherty and he will appear in the next Stargate: Atlantis movie called Stargate: Extinction.

Comment

Amanda Tapping

http://www.calgaryherald.com/enterta...503/story.html

Guide To The Geminis

Gemini Awards 2009; What you need to know about the best in Canadian television

Sanctuary
                                - What it's nominated for: Best direction, best visual effects, best actor (Robin Dunne), best actress (Amanda Tapping), supporting actor (Christopher Heyerdahl).
                                - What is it? A science fiction series about a futuristic doctor who protects Abnormals, or aliens, who are seen as monsters by society, and protects society from dangerous ones.
                                - Where can I see it? Space, Fridays.
                                - Why should I watch it? Often called a Canadian Torchwood, Sanctuary hits all the sci-fitouchstones: aliens, comely doctors and mystery.
                                - What critic Strachan says: "Clever, wry, original and unexpectedly topical. Started out as an Internet webcast for sci-figeeks and has morphed into a major sci-fihit for the rebranded Syfy channel in the U.S."
                                -
                                Amanda Tapping
                                - Nominated for: Best actress for her role in Rabbit Fall.
                                - Who is she? A British-Canadian geek icon for her roles on long-running TV space dramas Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. Now stars as compassionate-yet-ass-kicking Dr. Helen Magnus on Sanctuary.
                                - Where can I see her? Sanctuary airs Fridays on Space.
                                - Why should I watch her? Brains and sex appeal, Tapping knows what makes science fiction work.
                                - What critic Strachan says: "Tapping makes it look easy, when it's anything but. Sci fitends to be effects-driven and plot heavy, and even when it's good, no one pays much attention to the acting. Tapping has a knack for taking two-dimensional characters and breathing life into them."

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Working...
                                X