Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought, it was a neat interview. Now, I've seen this clip, I so can't wait for July 9!
    Here you can download the interview which was ripped by Omega
    http://lostoz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1520
    sigpic
    My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Thanks Andron
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

RDA made a comment about his daughter not being allowed on this show, like she had been on the "other one." To which other show was he referring, anyone know? I don't remember him being on another talk show of late . . .

Oh, and good point on the show host doing a poor job - I don't know that I would have necessarily "caught" that since I don't watch late show television and wouldn't have any comparison. But I was a bit surprised on the directions the conversation took.

Guess we know not to expect any more Stargate folks on Craig's show in the near future . . .

-tera'ngan
        nuqDaq yuch Dapol

Comment

Originally posted by tera'ngan
          RDA made a comment about his daughter not being allowed on this show, like she had been on the "other one." To which other show was he referring, anyone know? I don't remember him being on another talk show of late . . .
          He was probably talking about his appearance on the Wayne Brady show last year (I think). His daughter was in the audience for that one. Then again, the demographic of the Wayne Brady (daytime, older women) show is 180 degrees from the Craig Kilborn (late-night, younger men) show.
          Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
          O'Neill: Who doesn't?
          - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
          - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
          once done, cannot be undone...
          brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Thank goodness for TiVo. I would never have been able to stay up.

My thoughts...

Waaaayyyy too much talk about hockey. I guess it's a Minnesota thing.

Would have liked at least one of the 5 questions to be about Stargate. The question about salad dressing? Puh-leaze.

Too much talking about MacGyver, too. Come on folks. That show was like, what, 15 years ago? At least! Get with the times. (Although, I have to admit the remark about how much chocolate it would've taken to stop the acid was funny. Fortunately that's one of the few MacGyver eps I've seen so I knew what he was talking about.)

They seemed to harp a bit on how "dense" O'Neill is. Hmmm... Oh, and RDA mentioned (for the umpteenth time) how he could never get his hair to do what Kurt Russell's did. Yeah, we get that.

While a clip, any clip is welcome, I'm not sure that the one they showed really "captured" O'Neill. Well, on second thought, he blows something up and then follows it with a smart-ass remark so, okay, maybe it does capture him. Clips on these shows always seem to be cut at weird places.

Did I mention waaaayyy too much talk about hockey? Good.

The wig thing was funny, but at the same time I really felt bad for RDA. It was really silly, but he was a good sport about it.

It's just nice that Stargate is getting a bit of recognition on some of the late night shows, although I agree that it would have made more sense for him to be on Conan given the whole "Recliner of Rage" thing. Hopefully RDA (or another cast member) will make it to Leno or Letterman someday, but I won't hold my breath.
            Anyway I'm sorry, but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?

Comment

Thanks for the link! Just got to watch it. I agree with the whole not nearly enough SG1 talk. I could stand the MacGuyver talk, but the hockey stuff did seem kinda pointless. As did the 5 questions he asked him. RDA did seem a little nervous, but guess that comes from not getting to do enough talk shows. The filming for his daughter was cute. And of course seeing the clip was good. Can't wait for the new eps!

Comment

Question, i don't know much about Talk Shows, so yah, does everytime an actor on a TV shpw comes visit to a talk show, does the host have to ask them about their show, and not about their life and stuff, i've posted some comments, but i'm still wondering about this

Comment

I thought that it was a great interview. In most of the talk show interviews I've seen the actor only spends a minute or two at most discussing the show or movie they're there to promote and the rest just talking generally so I wasn't really disapointed at that. And MacGyver is a pop culture icon so you knew they were going to bring that up. At least he's a good sport about it. Some actor's who's character's have a long shelf life refuse to even talk about the character (cough...certain Star Wars actors...cough) so it's nice that he will still go into it this many years later. The wig but was silly but boy was it funny. It was eerie how closely the wig resembled the mullet MacGyver do. Again, RDA sure is a good sport. And I too hope that RDA or one of the other Stargate actors goes on Conan. It seems fitting.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Is this clip on the net yet?

Comment

I watch "Creggers" all the time, but don't find him that funny-- he's on, and I'm awake and watching. (I missed the "Recliner of Rage" about Daniel Jackson -- I watch "Conehead" also)

Ya see, Kilborn thinks he's cool, and funny, and that's why the show is the way it is.

The "5 Questions" segments aren't supposed to be easy-- but you can tell if Kilborn is a fan of his guest by how he helps them with their answers. (He could have asked him questions about any of the programs he's been on-- a Legend question, perhaps?)

I just think it was cool that RDA was on advertising Stargate SG-1.
                      "That's what you get for dicking around"--Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by taupecat
                        Hopefully RDA (or another cast member) will make it to Leno or Letterman someday, but I won't hold my breath.
                        RDA used to be a regular on The Tonight Show in the 90ies, some years he'd appear two or three times a year. He hasn't done an appearance since STargate began but I'm still hoping that one day soon he'll find the time. He and Jay always had funny interviews going.

Comment

A transcript, and some screencaps, of RDA on Craig Kilborn, are now available at

http://www.stargatedanielfriendly.ne...dakilborn.html

It's great if you don't have the time to download a clip.

SG1_Spoilme
                          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sg1_spoilme
                          Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis - News & Spoilers list

Comment

Awsome! Thanks, Prion!

Comment

That does save time, although you would miss the actual visual of RDA with his wig, haha..

Comment

I don't get it. What interview were some of you watching? RDA wasn't even close to being angry at Kilborn. I would say he was enjoying himself. Sure Craig is a bit of a nut but it is forgivable, especially to RDA, because he is from Minnesota. Minnesota boys stick together. I though it was a good interview and it got me really excited about the new season.

Comment

Working...
                                X