Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, you are. No--seriously for me the episodes are the most important, but I've come to expect extra features. The commentaries are usually quite interesting to me, so I'd be disappointed not to get them.

Comment

Truthfully speaking, I never watch the commentaries anyway. The last time i watched commentaries for anything was Lord of The rings, Fellowship of the Rings, and that was only because I was totally bored at the moment.

Comment

i was really disapointed to find no commintaries on the new dvd, although the episodes are obviously the main attraction, i really enjoy watching the commintaries,it'll be a shame if they have stopped them for good.

Comment

If we in the United States get Season 8 Commentaries, that will be like the first time we get something on our DVDs that UK DVDs don't get.

That will be sweet
          Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 05 July 2005, 07:33 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hidden_envy
            i was really disapointed to find no commintaries on the new dvd, although the episodes are obviously the main attraction, i really enjoy watching the commintaries,it'll be a shame if they have stopped them for good.
            I think, when 5 of TPTB were asked about the commentaries, they stated they had NOT stopped them. I don't know why they are not on the UK version, except perhaps the commentaries weren't finished. Just a guess.....they will probably be on the boxed set.
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned in the SG-1 Season Eight / Atlantis Season One DVDs on Region 2 announced that there HAVE been commenteries recorded (as confirmed by GJ, DH, MG) and the reason they are not on the Region2 dvds is because MGM released them earlier than usual and have said that they were unware of any commentries. I'm now thinking that the Region2 boxset will have them on and that any other Region should get them aswell.

Shame this came about after i was halfway through buying the singles

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned in the SG-1 Season Eight / Atlantis Season One DVDs on Region 2 announced that there HAVE been commenteries recorded (as confirmed by GJ, DH, MG) and the reason they are not on the Region2 dvds is because MGM released them earlier than usual and have said that they were unware of any commentries. I'm now thinking that the Region2 boxset will have them on and that any other Region should get them aswell.

Shame this came about after i was halfway through buying the singles

Not thinking this is just a cunning plan to make us buy the sme episodes twice then? . Because thats what I'm thinking.

Comment

Hi by the way I'm just over the water on the Wirral what you doing up this ungodly hour of the morning?

Comment

actually, according to a post i read on another list, the region 2 GERMAN dvd's do have the commentaries

I obviously don't have one to confirm that, however i did mail the UK MGM office and got a rather middle of hte road 'we're exploring what to do' mail

___

Hi

This is just a quick note to let you know that we have read the email you sent regarding current Stargate releases. I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns over these issues to our attention. We are currently looking at the best way to resolve the problem and I will be in touch as soon as any developments arise.

We are aware that there were initial problems accessing the exclusive content on the Stargate website, this should now have been rectified. Please let me know if you are still having problems and I will investigate this matter further.

If you have any further concerns or wish to discuss any issues please contact me via this email address or at [email protected]

Kind Regards

Jo Piper

PA/Sales Administrator

___

personally, anyone who already has region 2 dvd's for stargate or atlantis, i would suggest mailing this filmbuff and asking them what they plan to do. since it's on some and not all, it's obviously a mistake. time will tell what they plan to do about it
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      actually, according to a post i read on another list, the region 2 GERMAN dvd's do have the commentaries

I obviously don't have one to confirm that [snip]
                      Yes, there are commentaries, at least on German DVD #38 (eps 8x01 through 8x04). I bought it and made summaries of the commentaries in the S8 DVD Audio Commentaries (Region 2 German) thread. German DVD #39 will be released here this week, and I'll report what's written on the cover about other possible commentaries (I'm not gonna buy that DVD).
                      No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                      (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

In my opinion the DVD Extras from all Stargate SG-1 seasons haven't been that great. I just buy the dvds for the eps.

Comment

Originally posted by Amun
                          In my opinion the DVD Extras from all Stargate SG-1 seasons haven't been that great. I just buy the dvds for the eps.
                          Finally, someone who agrees with me. I get DVDs to get the eps of my fav. show not for any crummy features

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                            If we in the United States get Season 8 Commentaries, that will be like the first time we get something on our DVDs that UK DVDs don't get.
                            Not really. The American DVDs have Dolby 5.1 audio on season 2, which the UK ones don't have. Same thing with the short trailers for every (season 2) episode, IIRC.

Also, the UK initially only got a "best of" release of the first season while America got a box set with the whole thing.
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                              there HAVE been commenteries recorded (as confirmed by GJ, DH, MG)
                              What's your source?
                              Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 05 July 2005, 07:32 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                                What's your source?
                                I can't speak for SallyLizzie, but it is indeed a fact that commentaries have been recorded - and classified by the BBFC, as you can see on their website.
                                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                                X