3d Printed Stargate Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stubba2 View Post
    I have the 3d models but it takes allot of time and resin to print them. I find my printer head has trouble dealing with the size of the model.
    Okay, officially jealous of you having a 3D-printer.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Okay, officially jealous of you having a 3D-printer.
      I've been looking for 3D printers again..

Reprap printers seem to be good quality and a reasonable price.. And if you have access to a 3D printer already you can print most of the parts you need

And I have 90% of a puddle jumper model.. As well as Destiny and a 304

Comment

Originally posted by Stubba2 View Post
        However, items like the models are more likely rated as fan art and are not really regulated by those copyright laws, because they are usually produced by individuals in very small quantities and usually of items not produced by the mainstream companies/franchises.
        Yes I have not thought about fan art... usually the artists like having the credit for their art... So I see we are here on the little thin line between legal and illegal...

And thanks for the suggestions
        John Sheppard : Fruit bowl, Nice touch !

Todd : We picked them up on our travels. I thought it would make our discussions more comfortable. I hope they prove as delicious as the farmers who grew them...

SGA, "The Queen"

Comment

Hi all, the 3d stargate ship models being sold on ebay can be downloaded from shapeways and thingyverse sites for around $15 not $100 like they want on ebay. here is an easy link to look for them. http://www.stlfinder.com
          sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

Shapeways and thingyverse totally rock!

And not just because of the ships. There's plenty more to print on there...

Comment

Now they have a SG-1 Stargate with a moving ring!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stargate-fro...QAAOSwnipWUH1~
              sigpic

Comment

http://pharaoh-hamenthotep.deviantar...rial-603403739

I did a thing..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                  I love your thing!

Comment

FH!! There are people! !!

But.. the picture shows how it came out of the printer.. My 3D printer really likes natural colour ABS.. I'm not sure why but it just prints everything better in this colour. White has very clear layers in the print.. Blue was just a mess and we must never speak of it again.. But the natural colour (listed on Amazon as "nature"), I guess is un-dyed ABS, prints perfectly every time, minimal steps between layers and it's the cheapest filament for my printer

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                      FH!! There are people! !!

Comment

I could print things.. if you send filament

Comment

I love your thing too!

Comment

Originally posted by Roddy_McKay View Post
                            Hi guys, it's been a long while since i been on these forums; i was looking around here when i found this thread on these 3d printed models. i have been looking for a larger version of these ships for a while as i do have the small 1/2500 scale ones from Saltire Technologies and they're great but i always wanted them to be bigger.
                            so when i saw the link for these models on ebay i took a risk and bought both the prometheus and daedalus for $130 total for both. i ordered them back in jan/18 and was shipped on the jan/23, after a long few weeks i just got these yesterday in the mail.
                            overall these are amazing they feel well constructed, the details on them are really good; its especially well detailed on the prometheus. the daedalus is good but not great, its my favorite ship but i feel there is some detail missing during the printing process, but more so i feel the 3d model he used to print from must not have been finished like the modeler didn't complete the ship before it can be use for printing but still its a great ship.
                            as for prometheus as i said they detail is amazing like every bit of panel detail is there as well as the windows. the prometheus has so much detail i can't stop looking at it.
                            here are some pics onf the two models with comparison.
                            Both ships:

with their 1/2500 scale counter parts:
                            with the daedalus its a minor difference, 3d print is 11/3/8"

with the prometheus however is a huge difference, 3d print is 10/5/8"

with the DST Enterprise-E (1/1400)

i know there were talks about how this is wrong and it's a not a official product of MGM but i highly recommend getting these. i got these with the best offer so you can get these for a sweet deal, and these are well package in boxes and bubble wrap with the daedalus with zip ties. i do plan to order again from this guy soon as he has the destiny on his site along with a mini atlantis model.
                            hope you enjoy this review.
                            "Daniel?"
                            "For crying out loud!!"
                            "Roddney?"
                            "now get your ass back to work and fix those damn engines!!"

Comment

I have several buddies with 3D printers, and one who's actually printing a Daedalus at the moment -- much larger than your model though.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                I have several buddies with 3D printers, and one who's actually printing a Daedalus at the moment -- much larger than your model though.
                                Cool, i will admit i would have liked mines to be a bit larger, but i'm ok with this size as i don't have much room anyways. how big is your friend daedalus going to be? also does he plan on selling it to others or is it more for himself?
                                "Daniel?"
                                "For crying out loud!!"
                                "Roddney?"
                                "now get your ass back to work and fix those damn engines!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X