• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, don't know that one...

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
      How many units have been sold?
      they haven't said officially yet, but i wast talking to someone close in to the development staff, and they said it was about 20,000 who bought the game. but that deosn't mean they all play. small community, but help it grow!
      Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Care for a review of SGR? check it out at the link below:

http://www.examiner.com/x-58435-Wich...-shouldnt-miss
        Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Originally posted by zainea13 View Post
          Care for a review of SGR? check it out at the link below:

http://www.examiner.com/x-58435-Wich...-shouldnt-miss
          On the other hand this review isn't gushing about it,
          http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/81065

The majority of the gaming press have ignored it. Here in the UK a couple of magazines got round to reviewing it. They weren't impressed, reviews aren't online but the scores are recorded at Meta critic.
          http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...gateresistance

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
            On the other hand this review isn't gushing about it,
            http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/81065

The majority of the gaming press have ignored it. Here in the UK a couple of magazines got round to reviewing it. They weren't impressed, reviews aren't online but the scores are recorded at Meta critic.
            http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...gateresistance
            Wait you learned to use google? Brilliant!

Also, those reviews were written about 5 months ago, and since then the game has changed 100% very little remains from the orginal game

Comment

Also, those reviews were written about 5 months ago, and since then the game has changed 100% very little remains from the orginal game
              No, the PC Gamer and PC Zone reviews were written in May and June 2010 respectively.

Comment

then i withdraw my comment lol

Comment

i saw on gamespot the ratings but i couldn't find the review article... do you have links?

Comment

"Just fails miserably in almost every respect" PC Zone UK

"Poor execution and lack of content." PC Gamer

Think I'll give this a miss.

Comment

i saw on gamespot the ratings but i couldn't find the review article... do you have links?
                      As I said the reviews aren't online, they were in magazines, but the scores, their overall summaries and the issues they were reviewed in are recorded on metacritc.

I have the pc zone issue with that review, I'll see if I can dig it up over the next couple of days.

Comment

I think it looks pretty cool, but it's going to have to rival Star Trek Online in order for it to be good.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                          I think it looks pretty cool, but it's going to have to rival Star Trek Online in order for it to be good.
                          Agreed, The game isn't the best (i never said it was, just said it was good) and Star Trek Online will almost always beat out SGR. Just how it is, Star Trek online is a fully complete game and is actually one 20 bucks at Walmart right now, thought about picking it up, but wasn't really into Star Trek ever. While the two games are different types (one being mmo the other not i mean) they are still in the greater game market. I would venture to say that most people play games of all kinds of types, TPS, FPS, RTS, MMO, just because people like a little variety.

If you are unsure about the game. I'd say wait a couple of months, by then the tutorial should be out. and you should be able to give the game a bit of a test run before buying it. They may even have a free Weekend again.

@KEK about those reviews the 42 i can agree with but 18? Seriously, this game has fully textured models and maps. It is functional. I don't know of any game that deserves an 18 unless it has unfinished models and doesn't actually work at all. This game works, sure there are a few bugs, and the servers are located in only one location which doesn't help ping, but its not that horrible.

EDIT: Thanks mighty 6 platoon, interested to read it!

Comment

looks like the view on the game is turning:

http://bit.ly/bDs7YN

outpostgamez review

Comment

It really doesn't

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                                No, the PC Gamer and PC Zone reviews were written in May and June 2010 respectively.
                                I read the PC Zone review and I must say the game since the review was done is a lot different. Since that review A new map has being added, a new game model, hundred of bug fixes, 2 high resolution models with the remaining 4 models to go high resolution soon, unlockable armor has being added (for 2 classes, other classes will get them over time), unlockable weapons is due to be implemented I would say very soon.

So the PC Gamer and PC Zone reviews are both out of date and doesn't reflect what the game is like now.

Comment

Working...
                                X