This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate Traveller View Post
    Well La De Da! Yeah go play OLD games on STEAM that have been around forever F.Y.I. 20 bucks will get you better games then those through STEAM.

If you cant afford 20 bucks to buy a game based off one of your favorite franchises (and there isn't alot of SG VG) then get a better paying job.

I was really kinda hoping that this game (Since shooters are considered more popular then mmo's) would rally together us Stargate fans into one big gaming server! This game will only succeed if the fans are open to it, if you aren't then why don't you just say "I Don't Want ANY Stargate Games?"

CASH GRAB???? Cash grabs are releasing the game with a 60 dollar price tag. Cash grabs are releasing only half of the TV season on DVD for 50 bucks then the other half later for the same price! (SGU/BSG) 20 bucks is nothing, I'm not rich but I think I can afford it myself, 20 Bucks Will Be WORTH IT! I'd rather play resistance then Worlds anyway... you just don't wanna get pwnd.

P.S. I live in Kitchener Digifluid, hello neighbour
    It's MULTIPLAYER only. If it has a single player component i might agree with you. But when you compare to other multiplayer only games such as Unreal Tournament, Resistance doesn't stand a chance, especailly at teh graphics levels that trailer showed.

I think teh fans DO want games, why else would there be so many mods? But they want GOOD games with a strong single player component. Such as "The Alliance" was going to be.

If i'm going to play a multiplayer first person shooter, i'd rather play Battlefield, or Unreal. 20$ is 20$ and i'd rather spend those 20$ plus another 30 to get a great quality game like Crysis than 20$ on a game without the same gameplay or graphics.

And it's not like i dont' play older games. Hell i still play FEAR because it was a very well made first person shooter with an intensive single player component.

About supporting the Franchise... uhhh why should i support teh weaker parts of the franchise in teh HOPES of getting something good later? isn't that kind of counter productive to show that teh weak elements are worth making more of? I'm happy with my SG1 and Atlantis DVDs. there's my support since i love both shows.
    Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
    Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
    Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Well La De Da! Yeah go play OLD games on STEAM that have been around forever F.Y.I. 20 bucks will get you better games then those through STEAM.
      KOTOR and RTW are amazing games, even by today's standards. I play both regularly even now. I can't say the same for most games.

If you cant afford 20 bucks to buy a game based off one of your favorite franchises (and there isn't alot of SG VG) then get a better paying job.
      Sure I can afford it. I'm just not willing to fork over money for what looks like a crap product.

I was really kinda hoping that this game (Since shooters are considered more popular then mmo's) would rally together us Stargate fans into one big gaming server! This game will only succeed if the fans are open to it, if you aren't then why don't you just say "I Don't Want ANY Stargate Games?"
      I want good Stargate games. Neither this nor SGW look to be filling that role and I'm not so desperate as to be willing to throw money at whatever crap they happen to shove out the door.

CASH GRAB???? Cash grabs are releasing the game with a 60 dollar price tag. Cash grabs are releasing only half of the TV season on DVD for 50 bucks then the other half later for the same price! (SGU/BSG) 20 bucks is nothing, I'm not rich but I think I can afford it myself, 20 Bucks Will Be WORTH IT! I'd rather play resistance then Worlds anyway... you just don't wanna get pwnd.
      *snort*

There's so much wrong with that paragraph I don't even know where to start.

P.S. I live in Kitchener Digifluid, hello neighbour
      Hellooo! *waves*
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
        It's MULTIPLAYER only. If it has a single player component i might agree with you. But when you compare to other multiplayer only games such as Unreal Tournament, Resistance doesn't stand a chance, especailly at teh graphics levels that trailer showed.

I think teh fans DO want games, why else would there be so many mods? But they want GOOD games with a strong single player component. Such as "The Alliance" was going to be.

If i'm going to play a multiplayer first person shooter, i'd rather play Battlefield, or Unreal. 20$ is 20$ and i'd rather spend those 20$ plus another 30 to get a great quality game like Crysis than 20$ on a game without the same gameplay or graphics.

And it's not like i dont' play older games. Hell i still play FEAR because it was a very well made first person shooter with an intensive single player component.

About supporting the Franchise... uhhh why should i support teh weaker parts of the franchise in teh HOPES of getting something good later? isn't that kind of counter productive to show that teh weak elements are worth making more of? I'm happy with my SG1 and Atlantis DVDs. there's my support since i love both shows.
        Agreed on all points, especially the last one. I want a half-decent (preferably completely decent) Stargate game that offers a single player campaign with a great storyline in addition to a multiplayer component. You know, like pretty much every current shooter. Also, while I know I am in a dwindling minority, I want a tangible product, a case with a manual, not a download.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        KOTOR and RTW are amazing games, even by today's standards. I play both regularly even now. I can't say the same for most games.

Sure I can afford it. I'm just not willing to fork over money for what looks like a crap product.

I want good Stargate games. Neither this nor SGW look to be filling that role and I'm not so desperate as to be willing to throw money at whatever crap they happen to shove out the door.

*snort*

There's so much wrong with that paragraph I don't even know where to start.

Hellooo! *waves*
        Also agreed. Old games are not necessarily bad games. I may not be a hardcore gamer, but I enjoy playing a number of games that hail from the dark ages. But SGR looks bad - I just do not like the look of it, or anything I've read about it.
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I'm not hating on older games believe me, I'm just saying this is a chance to finally get to play something official, not a mod, it probably looks the way it does because they want as many people as possible to meet the requirements with their current comp, no real upgrades required, making it easier for a causal gamer to play.

I love Battlefield too, buts its getting a bit played out (yes like everything else on the PC I know, I know) but at least these "played out" games are cheap, SGR is cheap and will probably drop 10 bucks in price within 4 months....can you afford it then?

I love shooters and SGR is something I can play on my comp right now and I want to support the franchise in some way since I usually don't buy DVD seasons. Also I would get more re use ability out of SGR then SGA season 5 etc etc.

But all depends on the peoples willingness to play the game. As far the mods go... If you want to play a Stargate mod in the form of Team Death match (Tauri Vs Goauld, much like SGR but smaller) then download StarGate The Last Stand from www.Interwavestudios.com. Its almost the same thing and its absolutely FREE, since its a Source Mod you need Counter Strike Source installed. So either play The Last Stand for Free or buy SGR and play something new and yes better F.Y.I. if you dont have CSS then it costs 20 bucks so you should probably just get SGR anyway.

Look for the SGC Soldier In Game and get PWND.
          They Say He Travels The Gate Network Searching The Universe For Powerful Technology, They Call Him...... The Gate Traveller

Comment

For those who played the beta, is the Gate used much in MP?
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
              For those who played the beta, is the Gate used much in MP?
              Unfortunately during the 2 day stress test only one map was open which is called "Whiteout" and on that map the gate is destroyed. But I believe when your a system lord you can gate to the SGC and the SGC can gate to the temple (not 100% sure on the temple part).

Comment

If the game looked decent, I'd gladly recommend it and whatnot...but it doesn't.

Do I want an SG VG? YES. But only one that I think would be worth shelling out money for. I can afford games and regularly shell out cash for games (heck, I actually go out of my way to get Collector's editions of 'em), but only games that pique my interest (case in point: I didn't get Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, not because I couldn't afford it, but because I felt the game devs kinda betrayed their PC player-base by not allowing for dedicated servers).

I've seen a fair amount of hyped games that looked better and, I think, had more 'experienced' hands behind it and failed (Tabula Rasa, an MMO, and Hellgate: London, comes to mind)...leaving those who purchased them w/ a product that's no longer really supported (or, in the case of a failed MMO, no longer playable as it was originally intended).
                sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, I'm not sure what I want to do. I'm betting on Stargate The New Enemy as being a better game than this. Go independent game developers!

And if I can get the money to purchase the Torquge Game Engine 3D, then I will try to make a little 3D gate dialer (Level 28 of SGC, and you can go to Chulak)

Comment

No one is even covering the release of this game. That's how bad this is. Everyone in the industry is ignoring it because it's just plain terrible.
                    These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

I find this topic amusing. Ten pages of bashing this game, yet no one giving their hands-on reviews of the paid for finished product. I have a feeling that many either played the demo or are so turned off by the videos that even at $20, it's a pass. Did anybody pay for this game, yet? Is it as crappy as it looks, opinions suspect, or lack of news implies? Smooth move, Cheyenne.

Comment

I've been too busy playing it to do a review. In a few words, though? It's fun but will need to be expanded to keep interest.

Now back to the game!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaymach View Post
                          I've been too busy playing it to do a review. In a few words, though? It's fun but will need to be expanded to keep interest.

Now back to the game!
                          Thanks for replying. When you have some time, please post your impressions.

Comment

Sure il post my impressions. Will do so on the SGR forum aswell.

Its..okay. I play it because its Stargate. I have played around 3-4 hours max so far. Not by choice but because the joining a game is a pain. The refresh doesnt work properly. I can only play one map with any good chance of it loading. Another map loads 50% of the time and the 3rd I cant play at all.

Most of the times when it does load it loads the character screen but wont let me join and i have to restart. It states servers are full when they say the opposite on the menu. Randomly while playing, even with the patch, it will restart the game.

The physics in game could do with a bit of work. Items and shots bouncing off non existant walls or corners. Character movements arent that smooth, esp in 3rd person when ashrak sneaking up trying for a good kill but just get a normal hit cause things dont align properly.

Graphics are okay, nothing spectacular, very cartoony to me but not the worst. Then again im all about accuracy and would have liked them to put Horus/Anubis or Serpent Guard helm, even a super soldier instead of that monstrosity of the armor they have as a bonus. Same goes for SGC

Feels more like a mod. Sounds and voices could do with a bit more work I think.

Still a good play but im not over the moon about it. For a game thats so small there has been alot of problems and glitches. In fairness Firesky have been great at helping people when the inital hassle occured with D2D but the game itself could do with a decent bit more work i think.

Comment

ill buy it in march, when i have the money.... first stargate game, good or not good, 15 € is not that much. so u can afford it and help the developers to make hopefully a better game. ill buy it from steam.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                                ill buy it in march, when i have the money.... first stargate game, good or not good, 15 € is not that much. so u can afford it and help the developers to make hopefully a better game. ill buy it from steam.
                                I have to quesiton the logic of buying a comparably inferior product, in the hopes of getting something better. i can get counter strike source for the same money and be entertained a hell of a lot more since there's like a million mods for it i wonder how much Halflife source costs now... (googles)

Yes! Halflife 2 is only 20$, and for 10$ more, i can get episodes 1 and 2 as well and just download mods.
                                Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                                Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                                Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Working...
                                X