No announcement yet.

A Thread For Custom Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok - I’ve got the patches resized for the decals.
    But….. (my computer ignorance is showing here)
    Even though I used Microsoft Picture Manager to resize them, the final product is stored as a word document.
    Question? Is this going to affect the resolution? I couldn’t figure out a way to store (cut, paste, whatever) more than one image in Picture Manager. The only way I could do multiples was in Word.

Never mind. I figured it out.
    Copied from Word to Paint.
    Here ya' go>>>

And a great site for Printing and applying decals:
    http://www.childofmecha.com/Modeling...ls_Demyst.html
    Last edited by Norrin; 18 May 2007, 04:14 AM.
    Originally posted by roll my blues
    do Sam's breasts look bigger than in previous prototypes?

Comment

^Very cool of you Norrin.
      Thanks.

Comment

Very nice work Norrin - I have Greened you for that!
        Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
        Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Thanks guys!
          The top group is the AF patches to update the regular figures.
          The second group (SG & AF patches) are meant to be applied together, as a set.
          I printed several “test runs” to make sure they were as close to the right size as possible.
          I also worked on some name tags, but by the time they were resized you couldn’t tell what they were anyway…..

Comment

Originally posted by replicator79 View Post
            Hello again!

I received some of my Series 3 figures last week and wasn't too thrilled with offworld Vala, so I decided to take matters into my own hands.

I give you.... black ops pigtail Vala!

And here she is hanging out with the gang

Hopefully the rest of my figures show up this week so I can start on offworld Vala and finish off the rest of my teams.

Bring on series 4 and Atlantis!!!
            Hi Replicator 79,

You mentioned a Buffy/Angel figure for the pigtails further on in the thread,
            Was this the season 3 Fred figure,I've been thinking of trying to get hold of one of these myself for some work,IE are the Buffy/Angel heads attached the same way as the SG-1 heads,
            What I'm thinking of is the pigtails for Vala and the Tshirted body for a Sam Tshirt conversion,Just curious if the waist joint is the same also to attach it to sams off world pants

Kindest regards
            TYS
            Jack: Teal'c, what's with the hair?
            Thor: O'Neill.
            Jack: Thor. You got aspirin?
            Thor: You should feel better momentarily, and your memory should return.
            Jack: [Pause] Teal'c, what's with the hair?

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Norrin View Post
              I also worked on some name tags, but by the time they were resized you couldn’t tell what they were anyway…..
              This is only a theory, but you might need to start out with a font that is already legible at a tiny size. Could be a difference in printers too, but here's a group of small fonts that may help...

http://www.dafont.com/bitmap.php
              Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Replicator79, what was the color combo you used to create Jack and Teal'c in the blue BDU uniforms?

Comment

Below is my second supplement to DST's line of desert figures. The more I look at it, the more I realize that the colors are still wrong, but oh well, next time. I still have a couple of ideas and variations in mind to test out. I do like how the vest turned out though. To my untrained eye, it looks rather nice.

Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

WOW!!
                    very, very nice!
                    Great work there rmb.
                    Do I see decals on her shoulders?
                    So they work OK?

Comment

Originally posted by roll my blues View Post
                      Below is my second supplement to DST's line of desert figures. The more I look at it, the more I realize that the colors are still wrong, but oh well, next time. I still have a couple of ideas and variations in mind to test out. I do like how the vest turned out though. To my untrained eye, it looks rather nice.

Holy Hannah! Thats a custom! - I thought it was a leaked Diamond pic at first! Very nice work Blues - Gave you green. Funny, I don't like the baseball cap on carter, but somehow you have made it work on the dsesert combat version.
                      Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                      Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Norrin View Post
                        WOW!!
                        very, very nice!
                        Great work there rmb.
                        Do I see decals on her shoulders?
                        So they work OK?

Thanks very much Norrin, means a lot. Sorry to disappoint you but I haven't used the decals yet. The ones you see came with the figure. I haven't found the printing sheets for the decals yet but I've only looked at one store and didn't ask for directions so it serves me right.

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
                        Holy Hannah! Thats a custom! - I thought it was a leaked Diamond pic at first! Very nice work Blues - Gave you green. Funny, I don't like the baseball cap on carter, but somehow you have made it work on the dsesert combat version.
                        Wow, a leaked pic? Thanks for the very kind words. I don't like the idea of having a lot of unused body parts lying around (haha) so I used the original Carter head. Plus, it made it that much more different from DSTs.

Comment

Originally posted by roll my blues View Post

WOW!!!!! Roll my Blues,
                          Superb paint work,love it,I've yet to try a re-paint I've just stuck with head swapping and body swapping so far,I particularily like the boots

Kindest regards
                          TYS
                          Jack: Teal'c, what's with the hair?
                          Thor: O'Neill.
                          Jack: Thor. You got aspirin?
                          Thor: You should feel better momentarily, and your memory should return.
                          Jack: [Pause] Teal'c, what's with the hair?

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TYS View Post
                            WOW!!!!! Roll my Blues,
                            Superb paint work,love it,I've yet to try a re-paint I've just stuck with head swapping and body swapping so far,I particularily like the boots

Kindest regards
                            TYS
                            Thanks TYS, much appreciated. I tried something different (for me) with the boots this time. I did a black wash over them after painting and it really brought out the edges. Worked nicely.

Comment

Wow! I can't make it to the boards for a week and everyone goes custom crazy!

roll my blues, that desert carter is off the hook! I wish that I had your painting skills. She is simply a thing of beauty. Send a pic to DST and tell them this is what we want!

HirogenGater- the blue bdu color is a custom mix of black, white, and navy blue paint. I just kept mixing till I got a color close to the one seen on the show.

TYS- I think it was a Fred figure. The head was on a ball joint, just like the Stargate figures. I don't remember if she seperated at the waist though. I threw the body away a while ago. I do recall that the figure was really tall. I think she was taller than Angel!

Norrin- Awesome work on the patches! I will have to try them out when I get some time. I can't wait for my teams to have the airforce patch!

Outstanding work everyone!!!

Comment

Originally posted by replicator79 View Post
                                roll my blues, that desert carter is off the hook! I wish that I had your painting skills. She is simply a thing of beauty. Send a pic to DST and tell them this is what we want!
                                Haha... really? Really appreciate you thinking so.

Speaking of the blue BDUs, you really had an eye for color there. And your most recent complete black-ops team looks great too. Your Vala is still my goal. THAT pic you should send to DST.

Comment

Working...
                                X