A Thread For Custom Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norrin View Post
    I've been thinking the same thing. I have a few. Some, but not all, parts are removable. Might be able to use the helmets, definitely the weapons.
    They don't have too much articulation, kinda like little plastic statues. But the scale is close. And, if you have a KB toy outlet near you, you should be able to pick some up for around $5!
    I have the Mcfarlane weapons pack for this series of figures and it works well with the SG-1 figures,especially the MP-5s and the SAW machine gun

Kindest regards
    Tys
    Jack: Teal'c, what's with the hair?
    Thor: O'Neill.
    Jack: Thor. You got aspirin?
    Thor: You should feel better momentarily, and your memory should return.
    Jack: [Pause] Teal'c, what's with the hair?

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TYS View Post
      Hi Guys,
      Great info coming through for us all,
      Just one question though,has anyone else noticed but Daniel and Teal'c are wearing SGC patches in this photo as well,anyone able to elabourate as to why this is so,
      I haven't seen every episode of all the series so I'm a bit in the dark on this one......
      Kindest regards
      Tys
      That was from before they officially "rejoined" the team in season 9. They didn't actually start wearing the SG-1 patches again until after Sam came back.

Comment

Just one question though,has anyone else noticed but Daniel and Teal'c are wearing SGC patches in this photo as well,anyone able to elabourate as to why this is so,
        I haven't seen every episode of all the series so I'm a bit in the dark on this one......
        Kindest regards
        Tys

To answer that - Daniel and Tealc had not officially rejoined SG-1 at that point. It was later that Mitchell made it official by slapping the SG-1 patch onto their shoulders.
        Last edited by SeraphimDavid; 11 May 2007, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Here is something that really needs discussion. DSTs P90s are horrible and do not even look like P90s. I am looking for an alternate P90 that could be used. I may end up turning to some contacts from when I was in the resin kit industry to sculpt a scale P90 and then mold it. I cannot see why DST screwed up so badly on the P90, because the "Carter special" M4 looks great.

There is a note on the DST site regarding "resculpted accessories" that are coming with wave 4 - the desert camo figures. Since the P90 was so bad, I am not feeling total confidence the DST can get it correct (if indeed they are re-doing it).
          Let's say they are re-doing the P90. that still leaves us with a shortage of P90s, since they will only be available with the new figures. Has anybody heard anything regarding this?
          - Dave

Comment

SeraphimDavid-
            As a DST rep explained it to me at the Vegas Trek con last year, they contracted an outside company to make the P90s, staff weapons, etc for the first series of figures. When the end results can back out of scale, you bet they were disappointed, but the decision to keep them was (and always usually is) about money. They paid for the accessories to be made. Unfortunately, the accessories were 'standard issue' ones that would be released with pretty much every figure, so they had to bite the bullet and issue them since they had already invested in them. It's all about the bottom line.

It's the same way with the figures. One of the reasons that we are able to get so many of them is the fact that most of them use common body parts. All the money went into the initial development and production of the first two series, so the following ones become less expensive to make since they reuse a lot of body parts, accessories, etc. As a result, the money they save can be put into new figures like Thor and the Prior.

On the other hand, the DST rep was really proud of the "Carters special" and the pistol she came with. He kept pointing out that they were 'in scale', as were pretty much all of the new accessories that series 2 and 3 were coming with. He said DST had found a new company that would make the weapons in scale from now on.

As for possible substitute P90s, I use one from a McFarlane Metal Gear Solid figure released years back. I think it fits rather well as seen in this pic

Comment

Has anyone tried to make a staff weapon it's proper grey colour?
              -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
              -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
              -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

I would like to make little golf clubs for Jack and Teal'c

Has anybody an idea what I could use?
                Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Originally posted by An Ancient View Post
                  Has anyone tried to make a staff weapon it's proper grey colour?
                  Good Idea!
                  I hadn't thought of that.

What would you call that?
                  Steel?
                  Originally posted by roll my blues
                  do Sam's breasts look bigger than in previous prototypes?

Comment

Originally posted by Norrin View Post
                    Good Idea!
                    I hadn't thought of that.

What would you call that?
                    Steel?
                    Hmm, it seems a bit more complex, given the two colours, I'd say a slightly lightened battleship grey mixed with a fraction of metallic blue for the underneath, and then some rust/bronze in very light airbrush over the top.
                    -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
                    -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
                    -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

They do have a real "weathered" look to them, don't they?

I agree, it would be a great custom. I've added it to my long list of things to try out.
                      Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
                        I would like to make little golf clubs for Jack and Teal'c

Has anybody an idea what I could use?
                        I've been thinking about doing the same. If I figure something out I'll let you know.

Great customs every one. I could use at least ten of those MGS P-90s.

Comment

Of course I also just could buy them. Yesterday I found out that you can buy whichever miniature you want!
                          Here are the golf clubs: http://the-special-shop.com/Equipmen...Breite=&Tiefe=

Larger picture: http://the-special-shop.com/equipmen...mber=BS-86-007

Or how about some bench with weights?
                          http://the-special-shop.com/equipmen...lNumber=PB-346

This site is awesome, but some of the articles are rather expensive, plus I think making them myself would be much more fun!
                          Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker1 View Post
                            I've been thinking about doing the same. If I figure something out I'll let you know.

Great customs every one. I could use at least ten of those MGS P-90s.
                            So could I, I hope they release them as singles somehow.

Comment

Work in Progress Update
                              I got a chance this weekend to do a little more work on some customs.

Apophis ā€“
                              Still need to do the head.
                              Iā€™m thinking of repainting the whole thing to help make it stand out more form the others.

Black Ops Jack T-Shirt ā€“
                              Still need to fill in some details on the pants.

Originally posted by roll my blues
                              do Sam's breasts look bigger than in previous prototypes?

Comment

Looks great Norrin, I'm excited to see Apophis in all his glory.

And I love the backwards cap on Jack. I remember replicator79 had mentioned this as well but I hadn't seen a pic. Looks mint.
                                Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Working...
                                X