A Thread For Custom Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beckmen View Post
    I am thinking about swapping my Mitchell and FCBD heads to get an offworld O'Neill. I am afraid that after I boil the figs and try to remove the heads, something will go terribly wrong and I will ruin one of the figures for good. How rational is this fear? Has anybody destroyed their figs trying to accomplish this?
    No probs here..............
    I've done a lot of these so far (headswapping)
    Best way I've found is to put the boiling water in a large cup/mug
    Submerge the figure up to it's neck,
    Allow about 2-3 mins for it to go nice and soft,
    Then pull the un-heated head and it should come away with the ball joint intact with the head,
    Do the same for your other figure,swap then run under the cold tap and there ya have it.............

Kindest regards
    TYS
    Jack: Teal'c, what's with the hair?
    Thor: O'Neill.
    Jack: Thor. You got aspirin?
    Thor: You should feel better momentarily, and your memory should return.
    Jack: [Pause] Teal'c, what's with the hair?

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

I have had no trouble at all and I have done many head swaps but I do it the opposite way. Just submerg the head and neck and not the rest of the body. then after it has had time to warm up (about a minute) you can pop it off and put it on the other figure. Once you have it where you want it, run it under cold water and it will stiffen back up.

Comment

Thanks, I might try it tonight...
        Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
        http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

^If I can do it you can do it. Make sure to post pics of your results.

Comment

Head swapping is not hard at all. some of my figures, I changed the lower half as well. You can see in these pictures what some of the results are. For the Black Ops Daniel, I actually completely disassembled a Mitchell because Mitchell's skin tone matched Black Ops Daniel's better than the Black Ops O'Neill body. Unfortunately, the flash really highlight's the difference in skin tone between O'Neill's head and his neck.

Carter's the only one there that isn't in a T-shirt. Will probably make one once the Desert one comes out.

And my regular off world set with some head swaps

Comment

Those are nice. Is there a trick to getting them to hold the P-90s that I am missing?
              Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!

Comment

For Mitchell, it's easy as they already separated the trigger finger. For O'Neill, I just separate the trigger finger from the other fingers so that it sticks out. Don't know if that makes sense or not. Here's a pic:

Last edited by nighthawk_77; 02 July 2007, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys for the further compliments. I still have not had time to make the molds yet. My wife dislocated her shoulder and we have an 18 month old, so I am the glue holding the house together at this point.....LOL.
                  No time to work on my figures. When I do mold them, I'll certainly let you guys know if I get successful castings and can make them available. I was thinking to offer sets of either 4 ("regular" SG-1), or 6 (including Mitchell & Vala) , so the full team all can have P90s.
                  - Dave

Comment

I would definitely be interested in the P-90s after you cast them. Hope everything works out for you at home. Just let us know when you do have them...I'm sure you'll get quite a few orders.

Comment

I don't think I am going to swap any heads right now. I'd gain an offworld O'Neill, but lose my offworld Mitchell. Too bad DST didn't just make the heads pop-offable at will, I'd be switching heads like a maniac off and on. Black Ops Teal'c would be getting swapped out with the normal Teal'c (to get black ops seasons 1-7 Teal'c and green offworld season 8-10 Teal'c), Black Ops Jackson and Mitchell would be being swapped out, etc.

Sorry to hear about the wife, David.

Comment

Actually, you have to watch who you swap with cause the Mitchell and O'Neill have different skin tones. I had to use black ops Jackson's body to make my t-shirt Mitchell because of the skin tones. For my Black Ops Daniel, I had to completely disassemble Black Ops O'Neill and use the body (under the jacket) of Mitchell so that the skin on the neck would match Jackson's head. Of course, that wouldn't have been necessary if I used the Series 1 Jackson head though.

Comment

Nobody has tried painting the staff weapons yet? I did, but I used some terrible paint. I need to try and remove it and get some spray paint as try that, because I used cheap brush paint (all I had laying around the house) and it didn't turn out great. But looks OK from a distance...

Comment

Actually i think roll my blues has changed the colour of the staff weapons. look a page back were he has done gold apohis and teal'c in the background with a staff weapon. i think that one turned out really well.

Comment

Wow. I was so impressed with the Apophis that I didn’t notice that.
                              Lookin’ good…..
                              I have 5 primered up, but just haven’t gotten around to doing the actual re-paint part.
                              Originally posted by roll my blues
                              do Sam's breasts look bigger than in previous prototypes?

Comment

Oh, yeah. Looks pretty nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X