No announcement yet.

A Thread For Custom Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good what episode is that kit from as its very familar ?

Pretty much finished my Wraith Custom, have the hand blaster to do (but Ive just received the BSG helmet casts so thats a while off being completed) so here he is to date :

Last edited by Mooncat; 25 August 2009, 09:41 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't want to accidentally run into him, excellent job. I love the coat.

I forgot to give a run-down of the parts I used for my Jack.

Saturday Toys Shirt
      BBI pants
      Hot Toys Subload, P90
      Toy Soldier Boots
      Playhouse Omega Vest

I basically based the look off the Season Six promos...

Spoiler:

Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Hi All,
        I'm Tys from the UK,
        Been a member for a couple of years but only drop by now and again,

Noticed that some of you guys are working on some fantastic 1/6 scale figs and I thought I'd share my latest project with you,

I've been sourcing parts together for ages to make my own 1/6 SG-1 Team,And have finally started them,
        First off the blocks is Colonel Jonathon " Jack " O'Neill

Comments and Constructive critisism welcome,
        Kindest regards
        Tys
        Jack: Teal'c, what's with the hair?
        Thor: O'Neill.
        Jack: Thor. You got aspirin?
        Thor: You should feel better momentarily, and your memory should return.
        Jack: [Pause] Teal'c, what's with the hair?

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

Very nice Tys. I like it. I hit another snag with garrison Carter. I left her standing in front of the microwave to dry and my wife opened the microwave and knocked her over not realizing it was a custom that was drying. The sculpted pockets on the front broke into a dozen pieces and the paint job is messed up. So here I go again.

Comment

Hey Tys whats your recipe ? judging from the photographs Im guessing at

Dragon Body
            Vietnam flight jacket
            Omega Version 1 vest
            HT P90
            HT Cap
            HT drop leg holster

Whats the sculpt and whats the pants ? ? Im guessing Ada's sculpt ? Where did you source the arm patches ?

Comment

Not to jump in front of Tys but I think its DST's Jack headsculpt and body with custom hands, which is an excellant example of working with what you have and making it better. Great choices on gear Tys. That's Jack!
              Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Hi all,

Yep it's DST's 12" Jack

DST Body
                DST Head
                DST T-shirt
                DST Boots
                BBI Hands
                Dragon Skull guard water bottles X2
                Dragon G-8 Flight Jacket
                Hot Toys P-90 (from secret service female set)
                Hot Toys Seal Cap
                Hot Toys Glasses
                Hot Toys Watch
                Hot Toys SCAR M-9 Beretta and holster (soon to be a zat)
                Hot Toys Bayonet
                Random Green Olive drab pants
                The vest is from ebay and is described as custom ???
                The patches are from a great guy on the OSW froum (One sixth warriors)
                Soldier Story Airman triple mag drop pouch

I personally think the headsculpt is ok (with glasses) he's not to bad without them with a cap on to be honest,

Need to do a little work around the wrists as well where they join the hands,
                This is my first kitbash EVER!!! and I'm really pleased with him,

Daniel Jackson should be ready about this time next week,followed by Sam and Teal'c,

Kindest regards
                Tys

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

If anyone can help me out with a good clear copy of the patches (SG-1, Earth and Air Force) for the 7" figures so I can print them, I'd appreciate it. It will help me finish off quite a few customs. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by JediKnutt View Post
                    If anyone can help me out with a good clear copy of the patches (SG-1, Earth and Air Force) for the 7" figures so I can print them, I'd appreciate it. It will help me finish off quite a few customs. thanks.
                    I'll dig through my disks for the images, or hopefully someone can beat me to it. Otherwise, in the meantime, do a quick search for stargate on Best Brands of the World and you should get some of what you need. Good place for a lot of different logos.

EDIT: Found this in my links with good images of all the patches. http://www.webcreation.ca/gallery/gr...sgpatches.html Small but good for what you need.
                    Last edited by roll my blues; 23 May 2009, 09:10 PM. Reason: new link

Comment

The decals I was talking about were made by Norrin and are on page 7 of this thread. They look slightly distorted on the screen and when printed look the same. I can't figure out a way to clean them up. When I resize larger logos, they lose a lot of detail. I guess I just need to make sacrifices due to scale.

Comment

Hi all
                        Managed to finish Daniel today,
                        Here he is.........................

Kindest regards
                        Tys
                        Last edited by TYS; 25 May 2009, 07:22 AM.

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

Once again, great job Tys. I love the Boonie hat, perfect.

Comment

Started a short sleeve version of Cam. Tried several times to sculpt the roll, with no luck. Trying something totally different. Also, I found a GREAT color paint. Americana Acrylic Uniform Blue. Perfect color and shade for their blue garrison uniforms. Hopefully I'll get pics up soon. Also doing new versions of Vala. Since she should have tighter pants that are unbloused at the bottom, I am working on some like that. Using Replicarter's pants and adding belts and gear. I think it will look pretty good once painted. Still need help with the patches for the 7" figures. Thanks.
                            UPDATE: The uniform blue didn't come out like I thought. It dried the exact same color as the Daniel and Jack in blue garrison. So I guess it's just navy blue with a dry brush of the lighter color.
                            Last edited by JediKnutt; 25 May 2009, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JediKnutt View Post
                              Started a short sleeve version of Cam. Tried several times to sculpt the roll, with no luck. Trying something totally different. Also, I found a GREAT color paint. Americana Acrylic Uniform Blue. Perfect color and shade for their blue garrison uniforms. Hopefully I'll get pics up soon. Also doing new versions of Vala. Since she should have tighter pants that are unbloused at the bottom, I am working on some like that. Using Replicarter's pants and adding belts and gear. I think it will look pretty good once painted. Still need help with the patches for the 7" figures. Thanks.
                              UPDATE: The uniform blue didn't come out like I thought. It dried the exact same color as the Daniel and Jack in blue garrison. So I guess it's just navy blue with a dry brush of the lighter color.
                              That's the same color I used on my Gar. Teal'c and it came out nice but I started with a black ops figure(I used a thin coat as well). Maybe you should lay down a black base coat then one coat of the uniform blue....just an idea.

Gen. Hammond: "He's really that much worse then the others?"
                              Jackson: "Well of all the Gods he picked to impersonate, he chose the Devil."

Comment

I went with a navy blue for cam. It came out great. His uniform should look new and I think I captured that pretty well. I used pieces of foamie sheet for the rolled sleeves. Wow was that easy. Also gave him a watch. I used a "true navy" for Sam then drybrushed the uniform blue over that. It also came out great. It gave the uniform just the faded sort of look I wanted. Just have to get some hands on her now. Not mine, the figure's. lol And thanks to my interchangeable heads, Vala can also have a blue garrison uniform now.

Comment

Working...
                                X