No announcement yet.

A Thread For Custom Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never thought of doing a quantum mirror, excellant! I truly love it! I love everything mirror universe related. But am I only just noticing that it looks like a mini Guardian of Forever? Wonder if that was made out of naquadah.

DST should do one too, this would be a fantastic accessory.
    Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Originally posted by JediKnutt View Post
      Suh-weeet! Did you sculpt the whole thing? Not Daniel...the mirror. lol
      The Mirror part as well as the "skeleton" of the frame was cut from a piece of a DVD case(used a clear one), cut to shape with a pair of scissors. Then molded Super Sculptey around the outside to shape, smooth, added a little texture and shaped the "mirror frame" edges. Heated it with a lighter the harden the scupltey, cleaned the "char" off and added some paint. It only took a couple of hours.(most of that was waiting for the paint to dry in between coats)

Originally posted by roll my blues View Post
      But am I only just noticing that it looks like a mini Guardian of Forever?
      I had to look up what that was(I can see what you mean), then again I never was a big Star Trek Fan.

Gen. Hammond: "He's really that much worse then the others?"
      Jackson: "Well of all the Gods he picked to impersonate, he chose the Devil."

Comment

An easier way to cure Sculpey is to put it in boiling water for a few minutes, then use a hair dryer to dry it out. Depending on the size and amount used it may take a little longer. I usually put a bowl of water in the microwave to boil it then put the piece in the bowl. That way there's less risk of damaging the figure or part you're working with.

Comment

An easier way to cure Sculpey is to put it in boiling water for a few minutes, then use a hair dryer to dry it out. Depending on the size and amount used it may take a little longer. I usually put a bowl of water in the microwave to boil it then put the piece in the bowl. That way there's less risk of damaging the figure or part you're working with.
          If you look close at the mirror you can see a spot where the plastic bubbled slightly from the fire. I will keep this in mind for future work with sculptey, great tip, thanks.

Comment

Anyone else think the Tiger Woods figures look like a certain, as yet unmade Atlantis character? Even has the black cap. Hmmmm.

Comment

Anyone else think the Tiger Woods figures look like a certain, as yet unmade Atlantis character? Even has the black cap. Hmmmm.
              You had to point that out, didn't you? Hahaha, now I want a Ford figure. Good eye, I saw the figures last week and didn't give it another thought.
              Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Well, at first I thought it was pretty pricey for the head and maybe the hands, but it would also give Sheppard an in scale golf club. They are 15.99 at Toys R Us. Also, I know what you mean. A friend and I are constantly bouncing custom ideas off each other. Usually that end up costing us more money than normal.

Comment

Well, at first I thought it was pretty pricey for the head and maybe the hands, but it would also give Sheppard an in scale golf club. They are 15.99 at Toys R Us. Also, I know what you mean. A friend and I are constantly bouncing custom ideas off each other. Usually that end up costing us more money than normal.
                  Well thats torn it, now the figure has multi-uses. Sheppard or Jack have a golf club prop. You going for it cause I think you've convinced me. Don't want to steal your idea but its going on the list at least. If DST is going to drag their feet we have to provide for ourselves, haha.

Comment

That's what customizing is all about. Correcting toy company mistakes, filling in gaps and just making stuff we want that will never get made. I wish the person sculpting the 1/6 scale heads would do a few in the 6" scale. Be great to have Carson and Ford plus a ton of others.

Comment

Got my 12inch Stargate figures, I could see the head sculpts were bad from pictures but they are even worse in person. Never the less, I got some stuff to slap on Jack to make him look a a little better. Got some hands to put on him still(they need to be modified to work with the body).
                      But here he is with a plain Daniel.
                      Last edited by Bobtheodd; 05 May 2009, 09:42 PM.

Comment

The additional gear certainly does improve them a great deal. Nice choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobtheodd View Post
                          Got my 12inch Stargate figures, I could see the head sculpts were bad from pictures but they are even worse in person. Never the less, I got some stuff to slap on Jack to make him look a a little better. Got some hands to put on him still(they need to be modified to work with the body).
                          But here he is with a plain Daniel.
                          Agree with Roll my Blues major improvement, some gear on him and its 150% better

Comment

I might buy these if they do jackets and accessory sets for them. Otherwise I shall pass. Looks good geared up though.

Comment

If anyones interested Ive the cheap sets and the expensive screen accurate ones for sale, Im based in the UK

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums...ad.php?t=54774 (or PM me here)

£25 plus shipping
                              Spoiler:

£4.00 plus shipping
                              Spoiler:

Last edited by Mooncat; 08 May 2009, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Well I said I wouldn't do it, but I couldn't pass up a 12" O'Neill for 12 bucks. That's like a dollar an inch. They were 15, but there's an extra 20% off sale at Corner Store comics.

Comment

Working...
                                X