No announcement yet.

A Thread For Custom Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Love to know where you got the gear. Looks great.

Comment

Mooncat, those changes to Jack have made all the difference in the world. Really looks like Jack. And Teal'c looks fantastic painted. Did you make that staff weapon yourself?
      Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Mooncat, one word....Awesome.
        I too would like to know where you get your gear.
        Last edited by Bobtheodd; 27 April 2009, 11:58 PM.

Gen. Hammond: "He's really that much worse then the others?"
        Jackson: "Well of all the Gods he picked to impersonate, he chose the Devil."

Comment

Originally posted by Mooncat View Post
          My RDA has had a makeover and a new friend, both sculpts now from Lonnie at H2Creative, new jackets and new screen accurate Tactical Vests.
          OMG, they're amazing! Wish I had enough money to get them all ( assembled and painted, of course, I wouldn't want to ruin art like that with my own feeble attempts at painting ). I've seen a thread somewhere where they were talking about Rodney and Carson headsculpts too. But I've just managed to get hold of the Diamond Select Atlantis team, after quite a bit of trouble, and they should be arriving during the first half of May. So no more spending money for months now...

Comment

Originally posted by TinaJ View Post
            But I've just managed to get hold of the Diamond Select Atlantis team, after quite a bit of trouble, and they should be arriving during the first half of May. So no more spending money for months now...
            Congrats on getting them, some are hard to get and pricey. I completely understand as I am also in the same boat, spending WAY TOO much money on figures.....its a sickness I tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobtheodd View Post
              Mooncat, one word....Awesome.
              I too would like to know where you get your gear.
              Ths sculptor of the headsculpts is Lonnie Hale from http://www.h2creative.com, although atm none of his SG1 sculpts are listed as available on his site, Ive been informed by Lonnie that he will be offering them up for a limited run and probably via http://www.onesixthwarriors.com

Those will be O'Neill, Teal'c and Carter . . Jackson is being re-sculpted

I sourced the Tactical vests via

http://www.legendshobbies.com/

I bought an extra 4 sets when I bought my last sets, if anyones in the UK or in Europe and wants one or the four, send me a PM, Im selling them here for £25.00 each + Shipping (BTW if your in Europe watch out, I ended up paying the going rate for postage plus V.A.T and excise duty and handling of £60 using Legends)

The rest of the parts were all sourced via ebay

For e.g.

The jacket
              1/6 BBI AVIATOR US NAVY VIETNAM WAR FLIGHT JACKET SET

Cap
              1:6 HOT TOYS US SECRET SERVICE ERT MALE Ver BLACK CAP

Pants
              1:6 Armoury IDF Givati Recon - BDU w/h Badge

Drop leg pouch
              HOT TOYS 1/6 SCALE U.S SECRET SERVICE ERT DROP LEG BAG

Bodies are both Hot Toys
              (Jacks a Truetype 38 and Teal'c is a black Musclebody taken from the HT Apollo Creed)

To answer Roll my Blues - the pic above shows a Staff weapon I made, however Im working on a serpent guard and this was from that, Its not as screen accurate as the ones Lonnie at H2 sells so Im also buying 3 staff weapons, one for Teal'c, Serpent Guard and for future projects (possibly Horus).

P90
              1:6 HOT TOYS US SECRET SERVICE ERT Female P90 RIFLE

Pistol and Holster
              1/6 SCALE NAVY SEAL CQB DROP LEG HOLSTER &GLOCK

Arm Patches
              If your after some send Mark an email mention Mooncat / Jason and the patches he has already done for me, FYI he also supplied me with SGA patches for a John Sheppard Im doing, his work is superb

The Zats are from Diamond Selects 12 inch range, I was able to pick them up from a 1/6 store that breaks down and sells the parts for figures:
              Toy Anxiety Im hoping I can procure 2 more for Carter and Jackson without having to buy full DST's offerings as Toy Anxiety dont hold them anymore. Either by original sculpt or by casts

There are all sorts of 1/6th Modern Military parts that you can pick up, its only through networking and making friends on boards like this that I met 'Roll my Blues' who started a 1/6th project and showed me the Playhouse Tactical vest, as he is more SG literate then myself. Up till then I had the Hot Toys ERT Vests on them (they looked ok but werent as screen accurate as the Playhouse) btw if anyone wants those Im selling them also £4.00 plus postage.

But Ebays a fantastic place for 1/6th parts (although some Vendors like 7toys7 are starting to take the urine when it comes to the price of some items) and you can also try

http://www.onesixthdepot.com/

http://www.monkeydepot.com/

http://www.goodstufftogo.net/

Eventually Id like to finish the set with

O'Neill, Teal'c, Carter, Jackson, Serpent Guard, Sheppard and Wraith (possibly a Horus)

Im working on a few other customs as well as with this hobby your waiting for something to dry, drill or a part to come through the post.

In the works is :

SG1 Carter
              SG1 Jackson
              SGA Sheppard
              SGA Wraith
              BSG Lee Adama
              BSG Kara Thrace
              BSG Gaius Baltar
              Hellboy Nazi Kroenen
              Spiderman Green Goblin

For those that would like to see my Collection you can follow this link to my Sideshow Freaks account :

Mooncats 1/6th and Other Stuff

Last edited by Mooncat; 28 April 2009, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Wow! And I thought working with the smaller figures was expensive. I don't think I'll be trying the 12" range. But yours are definitely inspiring.

Comment

Originally posted by JediKnutt View Post
                  Wow! And I thought working with the smaller figures was expensive. I don't think I'll be trying the 12" range. But yours are definitely inspiring.
                  Some of em can be pricey, especially the sold out ones, middle price is the going rate for this figure:

USCM Dwayne Hicks

When originally released you could have picked one up for around £100 - £150 delivered, whereas Stargate gets a manufacturer that gets placed in the bargain bin after a month 12 inch stargate (Ive seen them for under £20)

Obviously not all of Hot Toys go that way, but when you get stuff like this as accesories with working lights etc

Last edited by Mooncat; 28 April 2009, 06:51 AM.

Comment

You did a great job with the staff weapon and it looks mint with Teal'c, even if it is on loan. I can't say in words how good they both look. I wouldn't change a thing. And the rundown of parts that you've used is always a great aid.

BTW, I love your wall collection. Fantastic display. Personal favorites are the Appleseed figures and the classic Battlestar.
                    Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Much thanks for the info Mooncat.

Comment

Still no pics yet, but...paint is drying on garrison Carter in green. Helmet heads for Jack, Carter, Daniel and Teal'c are finished. Teal'c is the only one with a removable helmet which works out great and saves me a head. I've got a few more heads to do and all the season 1 versions will be covered on all 4 main characters. Working on a long haired version of Daniel which will finish him off. It also requires the most work since I have to shave down the head and resculpt the hair. Basically each figure will have one body with multiple interchangeable heads. Almost forgot to mention, I finished a Mitchell with green hat and gear and a black uniform version. Wow, I've been busy the last couple of days, but glad to be finally cranking out some long overdue customs.

Comment

Can't wait to see them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobtheodd View Post
                            Can't wait to see them.
                            Indeed.

Its going to require a twelve part symposium just to cover everything.

Comment

Not really a custom figure but I figure I post it anyway. I been watching some of the older seasons(1-3) and it gave me the idea.
                              Not %100 happy with it, not sure if I'm done either...but here it is:
                              The Quantum Mirror(with Daniel Jackson)

Comment

Suh-weeet! Did you sculpt the whole thing? Not Daniel...the mirror. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X