No announcement yet.

A Thread For Custom Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As always, very nice Blues! I particuaraly like the paintjob on the Jaffa's Armour. I'm not sure on the helment to tell the truth, I guess I am so used to the all encompassing ones from the series and the original film, but you have blended it in nicely. - The pose is great too, I think even T might have his hands full with these guys! - Where are the knife like fighting swords from?

Your use of a Superman head touches upon one or two of my own ideas using "guest appearances" of heads from other series formats. - One of my own customs to be will fall into that bracket once I have all the pieces and I can get started!
    Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
    Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
      As always, very nice Blues! I particuaraly like the paintjob on the Jaffa's Armour. I'm not sure on the helment to tell the truth, I guess I am so used to the all encompassing ones from the series and the original film, but you have blended it in nicely. - The pose is great too, I think even T might have his hands full with these guys! - Where are the knife like fighting swords from?

Your use of a Superman head touches upon one or two of my own ideas using "guest appearances" of heads from other series formats. - One of my own customs to be will fall into that bracket once I have all the pieces and I can get started!
      Many thanks. I completely understand your reservations about the style of the helmet. I wasn't sure how I was going to use it and then it started to give me the impression of a Kabuto style helmet and then I personally liked the idea.

The swords are from the same figure as the helmet, the Jackal King.
      Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Great custom! The helmet is an interesting touch, but I love the use of Luthor. He makes a great Jaffa!

Comment

Hello,
          New to the board. Let me say first off that there's some fantastic work on this board, my hats off to you all. I figure I'll post a few of my own, a lot are head swaps and repaints but I have a few other things too.
          First is my Apophis, the paint job was a little rushed and I have planned to go back and give it a second coat(to cover the small spots missed and to dull it down a bit). The old hand were removed and replaced with ones from a Alucard(Hellsing)figure. The ribbon devise is made from a strip from a Pepsi can, some Super Sculpey, gold wire and a red acrylic gem. Here it is(before and after):

Gen. Hammond: "He's really that much worse then the others?"
          Jackson: "Well of all the Gods he picked to impersonate, he chose the Devil."

Comment

Originally posted by Bobtheodd View Post
            Hello,
            New to the board. Let me say first off that there's some fantastic work on this board, my hats off to you all. I figure I'll post a few of my own, a lot are head swaps and repaints but I have a few other things too.
            Welcome to the family! I really like your work on the eyes and ribbon device. Looking forward to more.
            Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Very nice Bobtheodd. I am surprised that DST hasn't given us this easy repaint.

Comment

Thanks.
                Actually I'm surprised we haven't seen this figure either.
                Here are a few more figures I have worked on.
                Two Jaffa one of Baal(WWE Undertaker head) and Cronus (WWE Batista Head)

and Daniel Jackson as a Ori Prior, before they released the figure.

And a craptastic Iris that I made, I got rid of it because I didn't like the way it turned out....working on a new one.
                Spoiler for image size
                Spoiler:

Comment

Hi Bob!

I'm also happy to have new people in this thread with new ideas. Welcome!

I like those two new Jaffa you made, and it was interesting to learn you had the idea with Daniel as prior before releasing. I see he holds the book of origin - is this the original one that came with the ori prior? What did you do to it so that it could be closed? Very interesting!

I think I also should try an iris, the wormhole can't be on in every scene, it is very expensive, after all!
                  Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
                    Hi Bob!

I'm also happy to have new people in this thread with new ideas. Welcome!

I like those two new Jaffa you made, and it was interesting to learn you had the idea with Daniel as prior before releasing. I see he holds the book of origin - is this the original one that came with the ori prior? What did you do to it so that it could be closed? Very interesting!

I think I also should try an iris, the wormhole can't be on in every scene, it is very expensive, after all!
                    Thanks.
                    The daniel came to me cause at the time I had a extra Prior figure and was planning to make the bald one from "Beachhead". I also had an extra pack with Anubis and Ascended Daniel....so I thought it would be cool to make, then they decided to release it too. Yes that is the book of Origin, I took the one that came the Prior and cut it where the front and back of the book meet the spine. Then it was a matter of carving out some of the extra plastic so it would fold, then glue it all together.(The book doesn't open)
                    As far as the Iris goes, the first one I have there is made from posterboard, I cut all the single pieces and layered them together, this took some time. Then I hit it with some gray primer. The center was done the same was but I messed it up, so I covered it with tape and painted it...it really messed up the look of it....so I trashed it.
                    I have been looking for a good material to make it from I am trying a few things. If I find something that works and is easy to use I will post it so anybody who wants to make one can give it a shot.
                    Last edited by Bobtheodd; 05 April 2009, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobtheodd View Post
                      Thanks.
                      Actually I'm surprised we haven't seen this figure either.
                      Here are a few more figures I have worked on.
                      Two Jaffa one of Baal(WWE Undertaker head) and Cronus (WWE Batista Head)
                      http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...orse/Jaffa.jpg
                      and Daniel Jackson as a Ori Prior, before they released the figure.
                      http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...e/IMG_0190.jpg
                      And a craptastic Iris that I made, I got rid of it because I didn't like the way it turned out....working on a new one.
                      Spoiler for image size

I tried painting a white head with a beard and goatee on a Jaffa last year. I was never happy how it turned out. Yours looks much better. How easy was it to pop the head on the Jaffa character?
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 06 April 2009, 03:41 PM. Reason: removal of IMG tags/insertion of URL.

Comment

It was pretty easy to do vs. the cutting the hands off and replacing them with new ones. I've heard or hot water/boil methods to make it easier but I just use brute force, some times it hurts the hands a bit, but I get over it. I try to avoid painting when ever possible as I am not great at it. I need to go back and remove the goatee off of the one, its a little sloppy.
                        I have a few more small repaints to post once I get some good photos. Should have them up in a day or so.

Comment

Here are a few quick head swaps, repaints and spot paints.
                          Desert Mitchell: (I just got a nice light green to touch up all these guys)

Black ops, the 3 they didn't make(Carter is on the way though)

Blue BDU Teal'c(with Jackson for color comparison)

Season 4 SGA Drones, with the covered arms:

Comment

Great work! I love the gun with Mitchell.

Comment

Bob, these are also wonderful! I like Teal'c in blue BDU. I also think about repainting my blue Daniel and Jack, because that color looks so off.

And just to show you, I also have repainted my desert uniforms, couldn't stand their weird look, this is how mine looks. I think the green needs to be a tad lighter yet, though (had to mix it up from two colors, as they didn't have the right one):

Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
                                Great work! I love the gun with Mitchell.
                                Thanks. The Black ops Mitchell has a SAW and the desert has a M4A1 with scope.

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
                                Bob, these are also wonderful! I like Teal'c in blue BDU. I also think about repainting my blue Daniel and Jack, because that color looks so off.

And just to show you, I also have repainted my desert uniforms, couldn't stand their weird look, this is how mine looks. I think the green needs to be a tad lighter yet, though (had to mix it up from two colors, as they didn't have the right one):
                                Spoiler:

Thanks. I'm think of hitting the Daniel and Jack with the same paint, dull them down a bit. Your desert camo repaints are fantastic....hope mine turn out as good.

Comment

Working...
                                X