This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
    I have say i am pritty sure that stargate worlds is not a CD game and is just a online game well that what i have herd
    i doubt it! look at the screen shots, we are talking some very pretty graphics here and if it's meant to be huge, to have it all online would mean Gargantuan download times or long loading screens, i think it will be CD, but that not a professional opinion.
    ------------------------------------------------------

It goes like this: The fourth, the fifth. The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

well if it does turn out to be a CD game i hope u dont have to pay a monthly i would not think so but im just saying
      daedalus 15

Comment

like most online RPG's we'll probably have to install the basic game via a cd (or more likely dvd) and then play it online... but i'm hoping that by 'free roam' it means that you can play it offline and just explore a bit. i'm sooo going to be a jaffa or goa'uld and go human hunting i mean, the bad guys are always so cool

did you here about star wars galaxies? the Empire faction grew so large that the Rebel faction was virtually non-existant... but a few months ago, the rebels launched a plan and took a bunch of key worlds at obscure times so their enemies wouldn't be online... i really want to be a part of something like that in the stargate universe

Gateworld RPG

One morning, a Wraith hatches a brilliant plan and takes over the O'Neill after consuming some lemon chicken. - The Stargate Plot Generator

Comment

Well what ever it is CD or non CD game iam sure it will be great
          sigpic
          Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
          Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
            Well what ever it is CD or non CD game iam sure it will be great
            Yup it will be great!, BTW I responded to your introduction thread on the SGW forums
            Actor
            [/URL]Stargate Worlds Community Website

Comment

yer single player free roam would also be good just to get you started off and it will be great anyways i just want 2 play it s hurry up with it cheyyene mountain productions i think thats what it is called
              daedalus 15

Comment

Hey everyone!

I just thought I'd pop in to clear up a few things!

Firstly, we don't know how the game will be distributed yet. Many MMOs offer both digital downloads and shop bought CDs, but with regards to SGW we can only speculate now! As for massive download times, that would be true, depending on what connection speed you have. You can buy a lot of other games via download already, and the game will be frequently updated via patch downloads so the size of the download isn't really an issue.

With regards to monthly subscriptions, it has been confirmed that there will be a monthly fee to pay, and the amount will be similar to whatever the industry standard is at release.

As for playing offline and exploring, that won't be possible. This is an MMORPG and therefore is online only. It's the same genre as WoW and SWG.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them here! I'll answer what I can and I'll try to get the devs to answer the occasional question, if they have time!!

~Bunty.
                Official Stargate Worlds website
                Official Stargate Worlds forum
                Stargate Worlds Wiki.

Comment

In the 90's, I was an alpha and beta tester for the first online games, and let me tell you, they ARE addictive. I was "hooked" until 2001, when sanity finally returned, after one of my characters made the highest level, had everything, from every quest (hint hint), and I realized I had totally neglected my husband and friends for 2 years. So, as much as I love Stargate, sorry, but no more games for me. Been there, guild-wise, done that, stayed up for 18 hours playing because one of my mates was from Australia.

To those young in body, play on, but remember, there is life outside......
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Bunter View Post
                    If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them here! I'll answer what I can and I'll try to get the devs to answer the occasional question, if they have time!!

~Bunty.
                    Same here everyone . I'll try to answer what I can from here daily. But I don't have nearly as many Dev connections as Bunty yet .
                    Actor

Comment

Hello Bunter, I take it you are with the production team, and the monthly charge, what is the commercial standard, nowadays? Also, if someone has cable or faster, downloads are large, but doable, but I have found, after years of testing and playing, I prefer a good ole cd.

Welcome to the forum, and please, keep everyone here informed, keep us apprised.
                      On fighting:
                      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

From earlier posts:

Realistically, it would likely be on a single DVD, with its much larger storage capacity. Just a single-layer DVD could hold up to 4.7 GB of data. Compared with the task of spanning multiple 700MB CDs, I would be leaning toward a DVD-ROM as the best way to author the game onto.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida View Post
                          Hello Bunter, I take it you are with the production team, and the monthly charge, what is the commercial standard, nowadays? Also, if someone has cable or faster, downloads are large, but doable, but I have found, after years of testing and playing, I prefer a good ole cd.

Bunty's with the community team there. Although Bunty is a community assistant he's sort of like the bridge between the mods/community and the community manager.

The commerical standard of monthly prices these days are $9.99-$15.00
                          Last edited by AJZ; 31 January 2007, 11:23 AM.
                          Actor

Comment

Originally posted by Lida

Welcome to the forum, and please, keep everyone here informed, keep us apprised.
                            Hi Lida! I'm a community assistant on the SGW official forums. I basically help the Community manager to look after the community, on and off the forum. I'm not 100% sure about the current industry standard, but I think it's in the region of $15/month. I know how you feell about CDs! I always go and buy boxed copies of games, unless I'm too lazy to go and buy them or if I can't wait for delivery from amazon

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                            From earlier posts:

Realistically, it would likely be on a single DVD, with its much larger storage capacity. Just a single-layer DVD could hold up to 4.7 GB of data. Compared with the task of spanning multiple 700MB CDs, I would be leaning toward a DVD-ROM as the best way to author the game onto.
                            The standard format for PC games is the DVD already, so if boxed copies are released I'm sure that the game will come on a couple of DVDs
                            Last edited by Bunter; 31 January 2007, 12:24 PM.
                            Official Stargate Worlds website
                            Official Stargate Worlds forum
                            Stargate Worlds Wiki.

Comment

so would you think it will be released in different parts of a dvd CD?
                              daedalus 15

Comment

Originally posted by Bunter View Post
                                Hi Lida! I'm a community assistant on the SGW official forums. I basically help the Community manager to look after the community, on and off the forum. I'm not 100% sure about the current industry standard, but I think it's in the region of $15/month. I know how you fwwl about CDs! I always go and buy boxed copies of games, unless I'm too lazy to go and buy them or if I can't wait for delivery from amazon
                                aww, you mean there will be a monthly fee?

well thats me out!
                                ------------------------------------------------------

It goes like this: The fourth, the fifth. The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

Working...
                                X