This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    If I know well, they wanted to release the game at the end of 2007. I hope it will bring new viewers to Atlantis season 5 and the third SG series.

I have seen this new picture:
    http://www.stargateworldswiki.com/wi...ghtechcity.jpg
    This is a real screenshot?
    The devs haven't given any indication as to when the game will be released, they declined to comment in a recent interview! I'm sure that the game will appeal to people who aren't Stargate fans, so it will hopefully get them interested in the series!

As for the image, it's concept art, it isn't an actual screenshot! There will be a steady stream of information released in the coming year, so I'd expect quite a few more screenshots as well!

~Bunty
    Official Stargate Worlds website
    Official Stargate Worlds forum
    Stargate Worlds Wiki.

Comment

OK. I heard rumors earlier that they want to release updates every week with the events and characters of the new episodes. There are so many MMORPG, where are no new actual films or episodes. I hope SG:W will be succesful ant the game and the television series will strengthen each other.

Can somebody ask a moderator to make this and http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=23416&page=9
      into only one SG:W MMORPG thread?
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        Can somebody ask a moderator to make this and http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=23416&page=9
        into only one SG:W MMORPG thread?
        I'll see what I can do. For now the main threads we'll be answering questions in are this one and This one "Ask CME" Hopefully in the coming weeks Bunty can get some Devs to post in the ask CME thread, I'll try as best I can as well.
        Actor
        [/URL]Stargate Worlds Community Website

Comment

hi
          daedalus 15

Comment

Hi dam school tomorrow
            sigpic
            Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
            Metal gear fan

Comment

Here is a new interview with new concept art images!
              http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/770/770201p1.html

Crafting
              The Stargate series features a distinct arms race between the humans of earth and their enemies. It was made clear on many occasions that Stargate teams were searching for technology that would help them fight the Goa'uld. The Stargate Worlds crafting system will mirror that arms race. Characters will be able to choose skills from four technology trees covering biology, engineering, physics and electronics. Some tech skills are shared by all the races, but others will be culture specific. Characters will be limited to shared skills plus those from their own culture until they reach a higher level and other skill trees open up.

Crafted items will include enhancements that can be added to other items like telescopic sights for guns or improved energy relays for staff weapons; consumables like ammunition and medkits; and base items like guns, clothing and armor.

The Stargate Worlds crafting system will allow players of all levels to create distinctive items that retain their value through the endgame.

This interview is intresting too:
              http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?s...eID=242&bhcp=1

There is a unique area in Stargate where players will get a chance to not only feel like part of the game, but part of the show as well! Joe was quick to say that MGM has been working hand in hand with Cheyenne Mountain to have the show and game work together on developing the universe. Yes, I know, SG-1 is over, but Atlantis is still going strong, also MGM is planning a third Stargate series which will tie into the game. There are also two DvD movies coming out in the Stargate universe. Needless to say, fans of the series will be very happy to have the game elements shown on TV, as well as television elements shown in the game. This feature of Stargate Worlds may prove very exciting indeed. Along these lines, Joe did say that Cheyenne Mountain does see the Stargate scripts when they are written up so that they can work together with the series to bring the best entertainment experience possible to players and viewers.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
              X