This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StevenSavile View Post
    Hmm I wonder if I will get one of those little 'Fandy Author' Tags all the cool kids've got
    Steve if you PM Skydiver, David or Darren they would be the best ones to take care of that for you. Darren owns the sight, David is the Co-editor of the sight and Skydiver is the Forum Manager.
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

*pokes his head in, has a look around, sees a few familiar faces (Hi Karen! Hi Sonny! Howdo Jim!)*

Just a quick introduction - I just joined up and figured I'd say hi. My first addition to the SG-1 universe hits the streets in January, so I guess that means I have 6 months to make you love me so you won't say anything nasty about it...

The trilogy finally has a name: The Iblis Trilogy
      Individual titles:
      Shadow
      Shapeshifter
      Trickster...
      Hi Steve! Welcome aboard. Congrats on the trilogy, it sounds really interesting, particularly the Campbell references. Looking forward to reading them.

Suzanne.
      sigpic

http://hevnlybarquings.livejournal.com/
      http://heavenlybarquings.googlepages.com/

Comment

Hi Suzanne - I toyed with calling the series arc The Book of A Thousand Faces... The Campbell is strong in this one You'll see why when you meet the 'shadow'...

Comment

You lovely man, Steve! I am massively looking forward to a honking big trilogy from you, and yes, Beth's book is a cracker. And you'll be blown away by Sabine's next adventure, Mirror Mirror.

This is Karen, btw, who can't get her act together with her proper author id. *g*

Comment

Originally posted by Gategusher View Post
            This is Karen, btw, who can't get her act together with her proper author id. *g*
            Hey, I'm with you, Karen. For the past few days, when I've clicked my bookmark for this forum, it's been coming up "page cannot be displayed," and I just left it at that. Only today did I think, "hmm, it's not like GW to be down so long ... I'll try checking the main GW page and see what happens." Sure enough, nothing is 404ed at all -- but I just saw the news about Don S. Davis and am now hopelessly depressed. Crossed paths with him once (although I didn't actually meet him) at a Chicago con and thought he came across as the kindest man on earth.

On a brighter note, Steve gets high marks for his shameless-flattery post, primarily because "stonkingly" is such a terrific word. I really should make an attempt to get it to catch on here in mid-nowhere, Ohio ...
            Beth
            http://www.elizabethchristensen.com
            http://www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

Would Steven be British?
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I have to echo Elizabeth regarding the sad news about Don Davis; we were hoping to work with him on the next series of Stargate audio dramas. I met the man out in Vancouver a couple of years back and he was a real gent, a total class act.

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                Would Steven be British?
                He is, but he lives in Sweden.

Out Now:
                Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
                Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
                "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
                ---------------------------------------------------
                Twitter

Comment

I hadn't read the front page until Elizabeth's post. What a saddening piece of news. Today's been a very depressing day - I just found out that a writer I admired, James Kisner and his wife both passed away in their sleep at the weekend due to carbon monoxide poisoning in their trailer. Such a shame.

And, yep, British for my sins - and more British since I emigrated in the late 90s... what can I say, you move away, you hold on to the things that make your identity what it is... and stonking is a cracking word. It deserves to migrate to mid-nowhere Ohio, doesn't it?

Jim, do you ever feel like we're outnumbered by all of these tremendously talented ladies of Stargate?

Comment

Thought so. It's a word I use a lot and I've never heard anyone who isn't from good old England use it. :-) "stonking is a cracking word". Never heard a more British phrase.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Jim, do you ever feel like we're outnumbered by all of these tremendously talented ladies of Stargate?
                      Not in the slightest, no. We're all one big happy family here; we're all writers, we all love Stargate...

Out Now:
                      Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
                      Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
                      "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
                      ---------------------------------------------------
                      Twitter

Comment

Hmm, this popped up on my LJ just now:

Fandemonium - Changes To Shipping Arrangements
                        Copied and pasted from the 24th June Fandemonium Newsletter:

COMING SOON - Sometime in the next few weeks you will notice a change
                        on our website. Whereas we currently offer our books in UK pounds and
                        US dollars, we have decided it is not cost effective to do this any
                        more. So, we will start offering the books in US dollars only.

Like most things, it's a good news/bad news kind of story. The bad
                        news is that books will be shipped from the United States so it may
                        take longer for you to get your book; the good news is that they will
                        be cheaper - $7.95 rather than £6.99 (look up the exchange rate, it
                        makes a big difference).

We hope you don't find the change too inconvenient and that the price
                        difference takes some of the sting out of the change.
                        From: http://community.livejournal.com/gate_pages/10311.html

And here I almost sent a mail to stargatenovels saying that I was very happy to have received my book so quickly. Ordered at midnight Belgian time, arrived Wedneysday morning, I think.

(Or am I reading this the wrong way?)

*Does the math*

8.8 € vs 5.08 €

Lots cheaper.
                        Last edited by GoSpikey; 05 July 2008, 03:56 PM.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Cheaper is good. Moving all shipping to the US, not so good.
                          sigpic

Comment

Nope, indeed not.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Hey Sabine!!

Are you all ready for GateCon?? It's just over a month away! Will you be selling copies of Mirror Mirror there?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                                Nope, indeed not.
                                One reason I have always bought the books direct from Fandy as opposed to e.g. Amazon is because delivery was always much quicker from Fandy. I guess it won't be now... and if I'm going to have to wait longer anyway, I may was well pre-order from Amazon and probably get it for around the same price (£4-something) as I would buying from Fandy.

I was happy to pay a little more previously by buying from Fandy instead of Amazon as I knew I would get it quickly (and because Amazon have had stock issues previously where they don't seem to get the books in for weeks, even though they have been published and are available through Fandy).
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X