This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
    Ive got 3. 2 of the team, 1 of the chevron. I just want more!
    They have a chevron one?? I've only gotten the team.

I really wish they would come out with Atlantis ones!!! No offense, but I'm getting a bit tired of all the Sg1 merchandise out there......

Woot. Ordered them both.

Also, anyone know what happened to them bookmarks they used to do? I loved them.
    I hardly ever see them. I've gotten 2 bookmarks out of the 10 books I've ordered from Fandy. Oh well, seeing as how I don't put a SG book down until its finished, the bookmarks really aren't an issue for me.
    sigpic

Comment

I got a chevron one with...erm...City of the Gods I think. Then I order Trial by Fire and Cost of Honor and got team ones with both of them.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I got a chevron one with...erm...City of the Gods I think. Then I order Trial by Fire and Cost of Honor and got team ones with both of them.
        you just must be more special then.
        sigpic

Comment

Woot. Ordered them both.

Also, anyone know what happened to them bookmarks they used to do? I loved them.
          Bookmarks? I've gotten 12 books direct from Fandemonium but I've never seen a bookmark. Maybe we don't get those here in the U.S.
          ~ Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Cinc1 View Post
            Bookmarks? I've gotten 12 books direct from Fandemonium but I've never seen a bookmark. Maybe we don't get those here in the U.S.
            ~ Mike
            Well, we do get them in the U.S....

I feel bad if you ordered 12 and got nothing...... Maybe someone will be nice and share one with you.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post

I feel bad if you ordered 12 and got nothing...... Maybe someone will be nice and share one with you.
              For some reason, I have one of the SG-1 team ones floating around -- it's yours if you want it, Mike. You can contact me off the thread.
              Beth
              http://www.elizabethchristensen.com
              http://www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

Maybe Fandy will be nice and start giving them out again?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Christensen View Post
                  For some reason, I have one of the SG-1 team ones floating around -- it's yours if you want it, Mike. You can contact me off the thread.
                  You are a sweetie. Thank you for offering to share. My extra one is going to another GW who hasn't gotten one either.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post

Thanks Gate Geek. It was only three orders (with four books in each) but still…

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Christensen View Post
                      Thank you so much for the generous offer, Beth!

I was really just surprised to find out that Fandemonium had ever sent anything extra out with the orders. I’ve only used photos of my wife as bookmarks for the last 14 years, so I wouldn’t actually use one. I’m sure a bookmark would just end up in a box with all the magazines and comic books if I had one.

Thanks again. ~ Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Cinc1 View Post
                        I’ve only used photos of my wife as bookmarks for the last 14 years, so I wouldn’t actually use one.
                        And with that, I suspect Mike has stockpiled enough good-husband points to last for the foreseeable future.
                        Beth
                        http://www.elizabethchristensen.com
                        http://www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

Hi all,

This is somewhat off topic as it has nothing to do with Stargate novels, however as a Stargate author I'm taking the liberty .If you're so inclined, please pass this info on to others.

In 2005, one of my non-Stargate novels, The Rhesus Factor won an award, enjoyed time on a few bestseller lists, and inspired a politician to urge every member of the Queensland State Parliament (Australia) to purchase and read a copy (the full text of this speech is available on my web site).

For reasons that I’ve explained in the inside cover, my publisher and I have just released The Rhesus Factor as a freely available ebook.

By free, we mean that you can download, store, and if so inclined pass this novel (please leave cover and © details unaltered) on to others at no charge, no cost, gratis. There are no strings to this, no forms to fill in, no obligations or competitions to enter, and no requests for your personal details or for financial contributions or remunerations. I have revisited the premise for this story in a later novel, and may do so again (hence it’s marketed as part of a ‘series’), however The Rhesus Factor, is a complete, stand-alone story currently available as a paperback from the usual outlets (ISBN and details below).

You can download The Rhesus Factor from my website as a PDF file. It’s also freely available in several of the latest version e-reader book formats from my publisher .

We hope you will enjoy this edition of The Rhesus Factor.

ISBN-10: 1-55404-237-2
                          ISBN-13: 978-1-55404-237-1
                          eBook Length: 315 Pages
                          Published: June 2007
                          Imprint: Double Dragon Publishing

cheers,
                          Sonny
                          www.sonnywhitelaw.com

sigpic

Comment

Just a nore to thise in the US who haven't yet bought Roswell. Ingram, a whole-saler pretty much every bookstore uses, now has copies of the book. You can just order it from your local bookstore. You might want to have the ISBN handy. Waldenbooks doesn't have it in their database, but it can still be ordered. Better late than never.

suse

ETA Sonny, I'll download the book as soon as I'm online *and* can think straight.
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

...http://www.mgmstore.com/cat/Stargate/Books/

...MGM is doing good at promoting it's own products.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sonny1 View Post
                                Stargate hijacked the entire Roswell incident and subsequent conspiracy for its own mythology, neatly managing to tie a few loose ends that had been bothering me (using my own brand of post hoc reasoning, but hey, I’m not trying to flog the story off as fact…). Let's just say that I roped in a fist full of twentieth century conspiracies, pop culture, and sci fi icons.
                                Ok, they say timing is everything, so how spooky is this. Sonny and I were alerted today by a friend of the following article regarding Roswell:
                                Roswell aliens theory revived by deathbed confession

From correspondents in Washington
                                July 01, 2007 12:30am

Article from:
                                • Roswell PR officer dies, releasing sworn affadavit
                                • Claims alien story true, saw bodies
                                • UFO pieces handed around at high-level meeting
                                EXACTLY 60 years ago, a light aircraft was flying over the Cascade Mountains in Washington State, at a height of around 3000m.

Suddenly, a brilliant flash of light illuminated the aircraft.

Visibility was good and as pilot Kenneth Arnold scanned the sky to find the source of the light, he saw a group of nine shiny metallic objects flying information. He estimated their speed as being around 2600km/h - nearly three times faster than the top speed of any jet aircraft at the time. Soon, similar reports began to come in from all over America.

This wasn't just the world's first UFO sighting, this was the birth of a phenomenon, one that still exercises an extraordinary fascination. Military authorities issued a press release, which began: "The many rumours regarding the flying disc became a reality yesterday when the intelligence officer of the 509th Bomb Group of the Eighth Air Force, Roswell Army Air Field, was fortunate enough to gain possession of a disc." The headlines screamed: "Flying Disc captured by Air Force".

Yet, just 24 hours later, the military changed their story and claimed the object they'd first thought was a "flying disc" was a weather balloon that had crashed on a nearby ranch. The key witness was Major Jesse Marcel, the intelligence officer who had gone to the ranch to recover the wreckage.

He described the metal as being wafer thin but incredibly tough.

It was as light as balsa wood, but couldn't be cut or burned.

These and similar accounts of the incident have largely been dismissed by all except the most dedicated believers.

Astonishing new twist

But last week came an astonishing new twist to the Roswell mystery. Lieutenant Walter Haut was the public relations officer at the base in 1947 and was the man who issued the original and subsequent press releases after the crash on the orders of the base commander, Colonel William Blanchard.

Haut died last year but left a sworn affidavit to be opened only after his death.

Last week, the text was released and asserts that the weather balloon claim was a cover story and that the real object had been recovered by the military and stored in a hangar.

He described seeing not just the craft, but alien bodies...

You can read the full article here.

Spooky timing or what?
                                Jennifer Fallon
                                www.jenniferfallon.com

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X