Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to see a crossover between the two (Blood Ties was excellent) and I think it should feature the SGA and the SG-1 team from S10 as well as O'Neill. Roswell was a great example of the S10 SG-1 team with General O'Neill thrown in too!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      There is sort of one, actually...Blood Ties, which released early this year, is sort of like a mini-cross over. It's not billed as an official cross over because it's not both major casts, but it does feature the Atlantis crew (this is set pre-S4) heading to Earth and the SGC to talk about a potential Wraith-like outbreak on Earth. The headliner from SG-1 is Daniel Jackson, who joins John Sheppard in tracking down the problem on Earth.

Certainly Atlantis heavy, so not a true cross over. Told mostly from the Atlantis POV and featuring some Pegasus galaxy chapters alongside the Earth chapters. But it does feature some SG-1 guest stars and the SGC itself.

It was written by Sonny Whitelaw and Elizabeth Christensen.
      Yeah, I read that one and it was great. But as you say, not a 'true' crossover story.

As for me, I would want the 'classic' Sg1 team (gotta love O'Neill!!!) interacting with our Atlantis team.
      sigpic

Comment

I just received word today that my copy of Hydra has shipped from Amazon. Just an FYI for others that may have ordered their copy from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
          Just a question to all (writers and readers) - what are your thoughts about an SG-1/SGA crossover novel? Could a good story be interwoven between the two series? Would anyone want to write one? Would anyone want to read it? And should it invlove 'classic Sg-1' or the S9-S10 Sg-1?

I am all for that. Hint Hint authors!! I would love to see a crossover, as long as it featured O'Neill in some way, and it had plenty of action. Probably would have to be Sg-1 seasons 9 or 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
            Just a question to all (writers and readers) - what are your thoughts about an SG-1/SGA crossover novel? Could a good story be interwoven between the two series? Would anyone want to write one? Would anyone want to read it? And should it invlove 'classic Sg-1' or the S9-S10 Sg-1?
            Hi, all -- thanks for the kind words on Blood Ties. If I remember correctly, we had to get permission from MGM and/or Bridge Studios to include Daniel in that book because it was being published in the Atlantis series and there are two separate licenses for SG-1 and Atlantis. That of course doesn't mean that a true crossover would be impossible; it just means there'd be an extra step involved. Although a plot that would encompass all those characters and use them to the satisfaction of each character's fan base might end up Tolkien-esque in length ... Fortunately, Fandy's not shy about trilogies (right, Steve?).

Happy holidays, everybody!
            Beth
            http://www.elizabethchristensen.com
            http://www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Christensen View Post
              Hi, all -- thanks for the kind words on Blood Ties. If I remember correctly, we had to get permission from MGM and/or Bridge Studios to include Daniel in that book because it was being published in the Atlantis series and there are two separate licenses for SG-1 and Atlantis. That of course doesn't mean that a true crossover would be impossible; it just means there'd be an extra step involved. Although a plot that would encompass all those characters and use them to the satisfaction of each character's fan base might end up Tolkien-esque in length ... Fortunately, Fandy's not shy about trilogies (right, Steve?).

Happy holidays, everybody!

I'm not shy about reading trilogies either. As long as I don't have to wait a year between each book.

Happy Holidays!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Heh, yeah, I did my level best to sell Fandy on trilogies being wrought with trouble, diminshing returns and all of that... and they still commissioned The Book of Iblis... so what can I say... they're not shy at all

As to doing a crossover - I have to say I just prefer SG-1 over Atlantis... I'd find it really hard to do something really convincing, I think, because of that. I need to really like what I am doing or my brain disengages... and keeping all of those voices straight? Damnit that'd be a challenge

Comment

SGA - Terri Osborne's Live Journal: NEW SGA Novel:

At Terri Osborne's live journal:

PUBLIC--Opening PORTALS

* Jan. 6th, 2009 at 8:00 AM

With the caveat that the manuscript must be approved before publication *waits as every tie-in writer reading says "No ****, Sherlock, they all have to be approved before publication"*, I've been given permission to say that the proposal for Portals of Discovery was approved by MGM this morning, and I am working with a 15 June deadline.

*party in the thread*

*pops champagne*

~~**~~**

According to Unreality SF:

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

08 JANUARY | Stargate

OSBORNE ENTERS ATLANTIS

Star Trek author Terri Osborne, who was interviewed by Unreality SF last year, has announced on her blog that her Stargate Atlantis novel - Portals of Discovery, the memoirs of Elizabeth Weir - has been approved.

Although one of Osborne's previous projects was technically novel-length, this will be classed by many of her fans as her first novel.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

A novel focusing on Elizabeth? FINALLY!!!! I'll be looking forward to this! Thanks for the heads up, morjana!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      A novel focusing on Elizabeth? FINALLY!!!! I'll be looking forward to this! Thanks for the heads up, morjana!
                      You're very welcome.

BTW, I love your avatar!

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                        SGA - Terri Osborne's Live Journal: NEW SGA Novel:

Star Trek author Terri Osborne, who was interviewed by Unreality SF last year, has announced on her blog that her Stargate Atlantis novel - Portals of Discovery, the memoirs of Elizabeth Weir - has been approved.

Although one of Osborne's previous projects was technically novel-length, this will be classed by many of her fans as her first novel.
                        Would this be the Memoirs that Elizabeth was working on when back on Earth in the first part of Season 3's, The Return?

Comment

Originally posted by sinfuldraconis View Post
                          Would this be the Memoirs that Elizabeth was working on when back on Earth in the first part of Season 3's, The Return?
                          Well, that was the book I proposed.

Okay, I'm a little shell-shocked. I honestly didn't expect this to show up here so fast. Then again, I should know the speed of the Internet.

*waves* Hi, guys.
                          Terri Osborne
                          www.terriosborne.com

Currently writing: Stargate: Atlantis--Portals of Discovery, a.k.a, the memoirs of Elizabeth Weir (coming sometime in 2010)

Comment

Originally posted by TerriO View Post

Okay, I'm a little shell-shocked. I honestly didn't expect this to show up here so fast. Then again, I should know the speed of the Internet.

*waves* Hi, guys.
                            Excellent! That will be great! I can't wait to read it!

Comment

Wow, it sounds really interesting! Ad we have to wait till June for it??? ARGH!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TerriO View Post

*waves* Hi, guys.
                                *waves back* Hi, Terri!

I kinda figured, since the book is billed as her memoirs, it would be her work from The Return. Glad to see that tie-in to the episode.
                                Spoiler:
                                So I suppose in the context of the show timeline, this would be something published after Elizabeth's supposed 'death'?

Definitely looking forward to it!
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X