X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WraithWarrior
    ^Ill beat you to it only jokin, youd prob be able to afford one before me
    HAHA..Well, I'll have to see what the wife says. If she gives me the OK, I'm planning on purchasing one.

Comment

Thanks Sally, could you post on here to let us know, when the staff and zats are on the site. Ill keep checking but I am on this forum alot and would prob notice it easier
      There will be news on these very soon, I'll announce more in this thread as soon as I'm able :-)

Sally

Comment

Originally posted by Findo
        There will be news on these very soon, I'll announce more in this thread as soon as I'm able :-)

Sally

Will you announcing a date / time in the future when the web site will have these items available for purchase or will they just appear?

One of the problems due to the time difference of being based in the UK and dealing with American based web sites is that sometimes these things become available during late evening or at night for us and by the time I can check on line all the good stuff has gone . If you announce that these items will be available say on the 21st of May at 16:00hrs GMT then I can be waiting ready with plastic to hand.

Also it gives me time to persuade the wife to let me buy something.

Comment

Originally posted by crosby
          Will you announcing a date / time in the future when the web site will have these items available for purchase or will they just appear?

One of the problems due to the time difference of being based in the UK and dealing with American based web sites is that sometimes these things become available during late evening or at night for us and by the time I can check on line all the good stuff has gone . If you announce that these items will be available say on the 21st of May at 16:00hrs GMT then I can be waiting ready with plastic to hand.

Also it gives me time to persuade the wife to let me buy something.
          HEHE I know how you feel cuz everytime Ive gone to buy summat from the US its difficult because the stock is usually out

Just a quick question. If you pay for something in dollars from a UK bank do you get charged interest or does it just get converted and the equivalent is taken from your account?

Comment

HEHE I know how you feel cuz everytime Ive gone to buy summat from the US its difficult because the stock is usually out

Just a quick question. If you pay for something in dollars from a UK bank do you get charged interest or does it just get converted and the equivalent is taken from your account?

Most banks will just do a currency exchange with the rate being shown on your statement. It may be worth asking them before you buy something to make just they won't hit you a one off fee as well.

If you haven't bought stuff from the US before and had it shipped over then bear in mind that HM customs may charge you VAT on the items your bringing into the country. I had this with some hockey stuff recently.

Comment

^Thanks, Ill make sure I do that and wont it state that when you buy the product? and if not how much are we talking for VAT?

Comment

^Thanks, Ill make sure I do that and wont it state that when you buy the product? and if not how much are we talking for VAT?

The web site you buy from may give you an exchange rate but the chances are your bank will use a slightly differant one due to the slight delay in you buying it and the payment being processed. This isn't normally anything major just a couple of pence but if your using a credit card they may charge you a fee.

For the VAT I'm sure it was the 17.5% standard but again the HM customs WEB site hould have the details.

To be honest if your only speding about 100 - 200 US$ then I would'nt worry to much.

Comment

Originally posted by crosby
                  The web site you buy from may give you an exchange rate but the chances are your bank will use a slightly differant one due to the slight delay in you buying it and the payment being processed. This isn't normally anything major just a couple of pence but if your using a credit card they may charge you a fee.

For the VAT I'm sure it was the 17.5% standard but again the HM customs WEB site hould have the details.

To be honest if your only speding about 100 - 200 US$ then I would'nt worry to much.
                  Thats ok then cuz I aint got a credit card and I wont be buying anything too expensive. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                  X