"Stargate Worlds" MMORPG Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exiled Master
    Has MGM actually made any videogames before?
    Yep 007 etc

Comment

I've just done an interview with Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment's lead world designer. If interested go here: www.stargate-game.com and follow the links

Comment

Have you seen the last 2 interview on the offical SG : W website? Great, but we have to wait until 2009.

http://stargateworlds.com/

The concept arts are cool.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu
          Have you seen the last 2 interview on the offical SG : W website? Great, but we have to wait until 2009.

http://stargateworlds.com/

The concept arts are cool.
          2009? Well, that sucks. They should have just released "The Alliance". Let us be the judge of whether or not it sucked.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

There have probably been dozens of threads on this already, but I just wanted to remind people that the MMO of Stargate is in production, so please drop us a line here and when you've checked that out feel free to Discuss anything SGW related in the forums (Or anything stargate related, or anything else really )

thanks, and I hope you visit us

Comment

Tough to say how it will come out. Its easy to make a bad MMORPG and its tough to make a really god one. Even if this is decent, however, I think its safe to say i'd give it a try. If those release dates are accurate(it will actually probably be delayed), then I have plenty of time to save up some funds.
              "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro."-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Baltar for President.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanaus
                Yep 007 etc
                *head-desk* arghh how could I forget!
                I would love for this game to turn into a real-time strategy game. (remember how that workked with Halo?)
                Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                Caboose: They could be worse?
                Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I cant wait for it to come out so I can buy it, does anyone know when it comes out??

Comment

why dont they take stuff from the alliance since that doesnt seem like its going to ever come out, buy their stuff and things will roll faster?
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by plaw15
                      I cant wait for it to come out so I can buy it, does anyone know when it comes out??
                      In 2 years.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
                        why dont they take stuff from the alliance since that doesnt seem like its going to ever come out, buy their stuff and things will roll faster?
                        Doesn't work like that. For a game like an MMORPG you have to start from scratch. The game mechanic differences between a FPS and MMORPG are immense. Not to mention the technological differences. Alliance started development over a year ago, Worlds wont release for another two years, at least. Alliances technology is already outdated, it wouldnt make it now, much less in two years.

The development team is different. Game development is all about creativity. You have to give the team full room to be innovative. if they took animations or models even from Alliance, that would suppress their creativity.
                        "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro."-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Baltar for President.

Comment

Does this game have a website yet? Where can I go to get all the info on it?

Comment

Hi LawgSkrak,

That is the link to the website of the game: http://www.stargateworlds.com/

Comment

oh hehe

I've already been to that site. Didn't seem to have much in the way of info on the game at first glance.

My bad.

Does anyone know when the projected release date is for this game?

Comment

The new screnshots are cool!
                                http://gateworld.net/news/2006/11/is..._product.shtml

Is there any chance that the worlds and races of the Stargate : Infinity and the Stargate SG-1 RPG books will be in the game too? I think that the RPG books have so many extra infos for fans that it will be great to see in SG:W. For example: they published 2 extra book for season 1 and season 2, where they named every planet, race. There are so many little Goa'ulds with complete character history, who weren't mentioned in the show, but they connect to the SG-1 mission.
                                Last edited by Platschu; 25 November 2006, 02:29 PM.
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X