No announcement yet.

"Stargate Worlds" MMORPG Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, unlike myself. *sigh* We'll see how far this goes. I hope everything goes well though. (( pardon me, I'm still PO'd about The Alliance...)) WHY, may I ask, is MGM backing up this online game when they pulled the plug on The Alliance?

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
    Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

Hah.

So they cancel the easier game, from a devloper whose actually released proper games before, and then give a MMORPG\FPS (one of the hardest, if not the hardest genre to make a game in, and then to make it succesfull), to a company that has'nt even got a single game of any kind?

Excuse me if I'll wait for Warhammer Online, a game that is being made by a company with not just games under their belt, but a long history of successfull MMORPG games.

At least we all know why perception was given the screwjob, why release a FPS when they can milk a MMO.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Well they have got some talent on board.
        Originally posted by GameSpot
        While Cheyenne Mountain has no games to its credit, its management team has plenty of industry experience. Vice president of product development Joseph Ybarra started in the industry more than two decades ago as a producer with Electronic Arts. Games to his credit include PC classics such as M.U.L.E. and Wasteland and MMO games like Shadowbane and The Matrix Online. Art director Stu Rose worked on many of Blizzard's PC hits, from Diablo to World of Warcraft, while creative director Chris Klug cut his teeth as a game designer with the 1981 sci-fi RPG Universe and in more recent years worked on the sci-fi MMORPG Earth & Beyond.
        http://www.gamespot.com/news/6143410.html

Comment

Excuse me if I'll wait for Warhammer Online, a game that is being made by a company with not just games under their belt, but a long history of successfull MMORPG games.

Heh yes I love the company spin.
          "Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment, Inc. is rapidly becoming a leading developer of interactive entertainment software products."

What? are they serious? They've apparently NEVER released a commercial product, which isn't suprising since they've only existed since July. They're not 'leading' anything, they're newcomers.

"Cheyenne is currently in pre-production of its first game, called Stargate Worlds, which is a MMORPG "

As you pointed out, MMO games are the most involved and complicated projects in game development. I'm of the opinion that they belong in the realm of either established companies, or complete novices just making tinkered projects, not commercial ones.

I hope they do well, but like you said, Perception atleast had a few games under their belts, this company is relying on a brand new team of supposedly experienced people. Good luck to all of them, because we're a finicky bunch, and I hope they get it right
          "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Well they have got some talent on board.

I've never heard of Shadowbane, and The Matrix Online is supposedly some of the worst gaming in awhile. However, their art directory sounds like he's got some good games under his belt. The Earth & Beyond MMO game never took off. I fully expect flashy graphics, but they need good gameplay too.
            "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

hataks and prommies and daeddies abound!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Frunk
                Like i said in some other forum, they need to make it a MMOFPS, because MMORPG'S with guns rarely make you get an adrenaline rush while your clicking away at NPC sand rat to get a Staff weapon of +5 explosion damage, while PVP MMOFPS are alot more challenging.
                I have no idea what you're talking about. What does MMOFPS and MMORPG stand for?
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I would have rather had The Alliance personally.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Ok, I jusut heard, and I need to say!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! This is gonna be so fu**in awesome!

Ok, I'm done lol. IMO, this kind of game is better than one like the Alliance. Sorry, thats how I feel . I like these kinds of games a lot. I cant wait for some screen shots. Or did I miss something and there already are some?
                    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markaudette
                      This is the coolest news EVER.
                      Agreed. drrraaaaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

Just a quick note to all I've begun development on a fansite already! I registered some domains for it. Just wanted to get msg out that I'm looking for some helpers. Content and graphics is what I need help with. I'm a programmer and can handle the system. I won't link etc here cause i don't want to spam... Just PM me if you interested.
                      Community based fansite for Stargate Worlds - http://www.stargateworlds.info

Comment

This is my first post on this site and I am very excited to see a STARGATE MMORPG hitting the scene.

I look forward to this game (being a avid MMORPGER) with the same anticipation of STAR TREK online.

Comment

MMOFPS = Massive Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter

MMORPG = Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game

Basically means you are online in the game with dozen/hundreds/thousands of other players at the same time and you play against them or with them.

Comment

Well, as for the connection technology goes, I said we are there now. DSL is spreading fast and recently my ISP had increase the speeds available to 1.5Mbits. And even 5.0Mbits. The tech is here, the price still a bit high in some areas.
                            sigpic

Comment

I am excited but to have this game coming out right after the cancellation of Alliance is rather disconcerting.

Comment

Saw the announcement just before; & I personally can't wait! I do have a few reservations with them making this game though, as I would also like to see SG SG-1 : The Alliance go ahead as well (why settle for one STARGATE-themed game when you have two or more? ).

I have started a discussion thread on the pro's & con's of each fo these games & what the development of one might mean over the other (if you are interested; please go here : http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ewpost&t=23438). Here's hoping they do both! *lol*

Personally, I have never signed up for an account with an MMORPG before; not WARCRAFT, MAXTRIX, FF11, etc; so will be a first for me. Hopefully, they will make subscribing to it worthwhile; as I am quite fussy when it comes to purchasing anything with my hard-earned $$$$.

The concept art thusfar looks quite cool, & I am already torn between the possibility of being an evil overlord (Goa'uuld are born to rule as Gods, aren't they? *lol* ), or a member of an SG Team (discissions, discissions. . . ). *drools*

Here's hoping they don't let us down with the development of this MMORPG the way they did with SG SG-1 : The Alliance. . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X