Diamond Select SG-1 Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Montu View Post
    Nothing Stargate from DST at SDCC so far. Maybe they will surprise us today. It is hard to believe with all of the good press SGU is getting that DST would not have something.
    Never mind, thanks for the update from those of us not able to be there!

I am surprised they're not showing SG-1 wave 5 at least; I hope it hasn't been pushed back (DST website still says its shipping at the end of the month). There's still time I guess, though. *crosses fingers*

And as for SG:U... remember, most of that good press is very recent (I for one have been watching that new trailer pretty much nonstop all evening... and it looks sweet!); we haven't even seen the actual show yet! DST won't want to commit to making merchandise for an unproven show (although I'm sure that'll change as soon as the show premieres; its just that DST will want to see a show before making action figures for it). Give 'em time. I'm still hoping SG:U will increase interest in SG-1 and Atlantis, and get us at least a couple more waves of figures outta those lines.
    Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Maybe someone forgot to unpack everything. Agreed that it seems odd considering what a prime opportunity to showcase the figures. It does seem to me that they came a little light-handed in general though.
      Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

I don't know the full dates for the Con, but that show gallery implies that webspace has been created for new pics, they just haven't been uploaded yet.

Also why is there an entry for DST's AGT Enterprise D from the Trek range? - Its been released!

Like you Blues, I am hopeful that interest in Universe will support SG1 - that seems likely by certain reflective references, not to mention the fact that...

SPOILER ALERT! SGU Pilot - "AIR"

Spoiler:
        Mr RDA, Mr Shanks, and Ms Tapping are all making cameo appearances as O'Neill, Jackson and Carter respectively.

It may be my media sensors going wing-wang, but I have noticed that on the run up to U, references in the direction of Atlantis are, by contrast, conspicuous by their absence. Except for the fact its by the same creators! I suspect a possible attempt to distance it from a network marketing standpoint.
        Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
        Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

I was reading some posts about SDCC on some toy forums. A poster said he talked to DST Chuck at the con and was told there are not enough pre-orders to send SG1 wave 5into production. This seems true since DST did not show any Stargate figures at the con.

http://www.toymania.com/toybuzz/messages/40507.shtml

Comment

That is strange because my toy source told me they would get the figures sometime in the next two weeks. So they do seem to ship to the retailers.
            sigpic

Comment

My work hasn't had our order for series 5 cancelled yet. Many places still say they're waiting on their shipment in the next few weeks.

Plus, weren't they dependant upon the sales figures of this wave to determine if SGA and SG1 would be continuing? Seems odd that they'd cancel a week or two before they're supposed to ship out.

Comment

This is the best wave they've offered since wave one. Come on, they've got to at least go out on something better then that desert series.
                Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Seriously! We need that Ba'al. Let's hope this series does well so we can have abit more light on some of the fewer characters, Beckett and the necessary variants to complete sets.

To my recollection, SG figures have always been fairly high on DST's "Top Sellers" lists, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadet Stimpy View Post
                    I was reading some posts about SDCC on some toy forums. A poster said he talked to DST Chuck at the con and was told there are not enough pre-orders to send SG1 wave 5into production. This seems true since DST did not show any Stargate figures at the con.

http://www.toymania.com/toybuzz/messages/40507.shtml
                    I am not willing to accept rumors like this. Only confirmation from DST direct. - If this wave IS dead in the water, (esp with O'Neill and Hammond in it, two of the most popular Stargate characters overall) that will prob be the death knell of the Stargate line.
                    Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!

Comment

I don't think the line is dead but I also don't think that wave 5 will be released any time soon. Actionfigurexpress.com show a Jan. 2010 release date; I don't know where they got that info but it looks like a more realistic time frame.

I'm hoping the new show will increase interest in all things Stargate related and get the ball rolling on producing wave 5 figures. I also wonder how hard DST is pushing the Stargate line; they have not even released an image of the Horus Guard. To not include a picture of the most visually interesting figure from pre-order websites seems incompetent to me.

Comment

I agree with Cadet Stimpy that DST may be holding back until Jan. 2010 to see if they can raise the preorders. Amazon and most e-tailers have moved the release date back. What I don't understand is the lack luster promotion of the line. Trek which they admitted sells less well than SG has the awful Orginal Series pushed ahead will SG-1 wave 5 dies in limbo. At both large public shows of this year, New York-and San Diego Comic Cons they fail to show the lines. I think the painful answer is brick and motor retailers like TRU, Hastings, FYI are backing away from SG and DST does not think die hard fans can keep the line going.

All I think we can do is flood DST with questions and preorder more sets.

Oh and for those that think wave 5 will ship in two weeks, this is the same crap DST pulled with the borg wave right before they pulled it.

Comment

I really hope they don't cancel this wave, i been waiting for o'neill and especially hammond for a long time and i really want those figures. i hope it been push back a little to get more time.
                          "Daniel?"
                          "For crying out loud!!"
                          "Roddney?"
                          "now get your ass back to work and fix those damn engines!!"

Comment

I hope this is just a rumor... the Series Five figures deserve to be released!
                            ** Stargate Figures - A Flickr Photo Set **
                            sigpic

Comment

As I said before I distrust third party comments. - As a result I have asked DST direct on their Q&A field. We may get the answer long before the next Blog Q&A for Galactica / Gate is due, but I thought I'd try anyway.

I just hope they aren't gambling on Universe making a difference. - I can't see how it will make a positive difference for those of us looking to SG1 or Atlantis character figs.

http://www.artasylum.com/question

Comment

Gambling on Universe for Atlantis or SG-1 would be stupid on their part. Plus, they've said time and time again that the figure lines are considered seperately and rely mostly on the current sets selling since the shows are off air. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only exception seems to be Atlantis' future relying on the new SG-1 series, right?)

The only mention for Universe we have recieved is that they'd wait to see the show before considering figures for it. Let's hope it stays that way. D:

The only way I can see it affecting the decision for future SG-1/Atlantis waves would be if they fused the two together with potential Universe figures in mixed waves like they did for Buffy/Angel.

Anyways, I made a member group for us! http://forum.gateworld.net/group.php?groupid=251 Yay!

And grats to the thread for hitting 3000 posts!
                                Last edited by nekoi; 29 July 2009, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X