No announcement yet.

Diamond Select SG-1 Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To get the remaining two missing rings, you would either need to buy more figs, or buy the rings direct from DST's website. They currently charge $4.00 each.
    Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
    Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/askdst...ctica-edition/

New Q&A posted in regards to SGU figure questions.

Comment

Ah. that makes sense, I suppose. Couldn't really tell from the Amazon pic.
        "All I wanna do is see the universe and eat pie"
        "Who doesn't?"

Comment

I have now officially decided not to read any more of their QnA's. They never give any type of decent answers on Stargate. I could care less about BSG and they seem to be focusing mainly on that. I did think it was funny when the comment was made about getting the build a Gate so accurate, when it is so NOT accurate. The Earth symbol isn't even on it.

Comment

Originally posted by JediKnutt View Post
            I have now officially decided not to read any more of their QnA's. They never give any type of decent answers on Stargate. I could care less about BSG and they seem to be focusing mainly on that. I did think it was funny when the comment was made about getting the build a Gate so accurate, when it is so NOT accurate. The Earth symbol isn't even on it.
            In all fairness, they haven't had that much to report! At least they are letting us know they want to keep SG1 and Atlantis going if they can.

Having said that, there are only so many characters left they will be able to do. SG1 is a solid brand, I can see it going another 2 or 3 waves depending on which characters they decide to do. (General's Hammond, Landry, Dr Fraser and Master Bra'Tac spring to mind immediately.) Atlantis only really has room for 1, at a push, 2 if more waves if reccuring characters are considered. Drs Beckett, Zelenka, Mr Woolsey and Major Lorne spring to mind, with a Season 5 version of Teyla.

As to Universe, I am not bothered one way or the other. I enjoy the characters and the concept, but I have no wish to collect them as figs. Besides, new series, new concept - How do we know who is going to get bumped off, and who isn't?
            Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!

Comment

You have a point... and I bet SGU would suffer much like the first wave of BSG figures did with a lack of potential accessories.

Other than two or three guns and the Kino, what could we really get out of them? Water bottles and flashlights? lol

Comment

I don't know, I'd totally buy spacesuit variants of Young and Scott - get both to put together the Kino Sled!
                "All I wanna do is see the universe and eat pie"
                "Who doesn't?"

Comment

I still say it is WAY to early to start up the SGU figures of any kind(or even hinting at it), the first season need to end and see if the show even makes it to the second before they even think about a figure line.

Gen. Hammond: "He's really that much worse then the others?"
                  Jackson: "Well of all the Gods he picked to impersonate, he chose the Devil."

Comment

My 9 year old son found an Ori Prior which came with the DHD piece. From what I found on-line about Series 3 I just need him to find Cameron Mitchell for the bottom of the DHD?

He has the Atlantis gate, is getting all the figures to make the Ancient chair for Christmas (he doesn't know this yet!). So thought it'd be cool if he gets another toy for his team to place with.
                    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Yes, you only need Cameron. And when you put the two pieces together make sure the "horns" are open at the top side
                      Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
                        Yes, you only need Cameron. And when you put the two pieces together make sure the "horns" are open at the top side
                        Thanks! I'll take my son to the comic book store after school He'll be so excited!

Comment

Ekk! What have I done? So Bobby picked up Cam to complete the DHD but also wanted Vala AND Thor. I didn't realise that Thor also had part of the SG1 gate ramp. So now he is telling me he needs to find the figure that has the OTHER part and of course now thinks he should also collect to get the SG1 gate (he has a Jack already). I think I've created a GEEK monster. Though if he lets me play with his toys too....

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                            Ekk! What have I done? So Bobby picked up Cam to complete the DHD but also wanted Vala AND Thor. I didn't realise that Thor also had part of the SG1 gate ramp. So now he is telling me he needs to find the figure that has the OTHER part and of course now thinks he should also collect to get the SG1 gate (he has a Jack already). I think I've created a GEEK monster. Though if he lets me play with his toys too....
                            Good luck, a lot of the older figures are hard to find and/or pricey...the Serpent Guard for one.

Gen. Hammond: "He's really that much worse then the others?"
                            Jackson: "Well of all the Gods he picked to impersonate, he chose the Devil."

Comment

I hate to be glass half empty Angela, but Bob-Odd is right.

I have the SG1 gate with the figs it comes with including the ramp, (earlier posts in this thread will tell you which fig comes with comes with what) but it is almost impossible to get the Serpent Guard and Thor and the sections of the gate ramp, unless you really pay through the nose to those who are willing to part with them. - Sometimes as loose components on Ebay.

Most folk, myself included, keep hoping DST will re-release SG1 and the gatepieces. I doubt I will get my offworld gate completed if they don't. The pieces are so hard to come by now.

I know this is no consolation to your wee lad, but I am in a mirror situation to him in one sense. - At one stage I had high hopes of having the Atlantis gate, but that hope has gone since its impossible to get the gate and floor pieces on their own, and I couldn't justify the cost of the figs just to get the gate before. - I certainly can;t now cause their value (ie cost) is going up as time passes.

Here is the online form link if you want to put a question to DST directly....

http://www.artasylum.com/question

That goes for everyone else too!
                              Last edited by Thunderbird 2; 13 November 2009, 02:25 PM.

Comment

I don't know where you looked, but I just had a quick glance at ebay and found a Sheppard for 8 Dollars and a Wraith for 5 dollars. And this is "buy it now". So even if there is shipping to be added, I don't think this can be called overpriced? So at least the Atlantis gate should be possible.

Edit: Oh sorry, had not seen that you are from UK, but surely ebay.uk also has such offers?

As for the Stargate figures, you just will need a lot of patience, Angela. But I can understand your son, I intended only to buy a Jack at first, but then I also wanted the gate and the ramp and all the other stuff so kept buying...
                                Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Working...
                                X