Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received my DVD set as a gift a little over a week ago. It was purchased at a Best Buy in Indianapolis. I checked the length of my Threads episode, and it comes up as 1:05:37. Typical episode times are much shorter, i.e. Reckoning pt 2 is 43:36.

So did I luck out and get a good copy? How long is Threads on the discs that need replaced?

From glancing at another thread, the full version should be about 60 minutes.

If that's the case, they are indeed shipping corrected box sets.

Another note, Threads on my disc does not have commentary.

Comment

Has anyone from outside America/Canada managed to get any information from them about a replacement DVD? I live in Australia, but I bought the set from Amazon.com and I want the longer version of threads. I sent them the following email:

"I live in Australia, but I bought the American (Region 1) Season 8 boxset of Stargate SG-1 from Amazon.com. I would like to get a copy of the replacement DVD with the full episode of 'Threads' on it, but the rebate website you set up only allows registrations from Americans/Canadians. How can I go about getting a replacement DVD?"

I got this reply this morning:

"Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate your interest in Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) products.

The shorter version of the episode "Threads" on the "Stargate SG-1: Season 8 - Volume 5" disc is specific only to the US & CANADIAN version of this Title. All other regions (including the UK & Australia versions) contain the longer originally aired "unedited" version of "Threads" episode.

Thank you for your continued patronage of SPHE products and for taking the time to contact us."

*bashes head against the desk* It's nice to know they didn't bother taking the time to read my email properly. Has anyone else had more luck?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCat...Gater
        I mailed my little POP from the corner (yes it hurt to cut it out) with the certificate of redemption. I'm not chancing my entire DVD or case or anything like that. I'm assuming they'll send us the new DVD in either a new case or just the DVD in one of those paper slip thingys. Anyhow I don't want to have a case missing from my set so I hung onto mine. Mailed yesterday...one day and counting
        I don't really care for the little slipsheet on the inside, so i just sent the whole slipsheet.

Comment

Has anyone that sent their disk 5 in received any type of information regarding it yet? I sent mine last Saturday, but the rebate site still says they are waiting on the mail-in portion to be received. Do they just take forever to update that?

Comment

Originally posted by Akai
            Has anyone that sent their disk 5 in received any type of information regarding it yet? I sent mine last Saturday, but the rebate site still says they are waiting on the mail-in portion to be received. Do they just take forever to update that?
            my guess is they probably won't update it. or if they do it won't be fairly often or soon.
            that is probably more just so they can see how many people are registering and what type of volume of incoming things they should expect.
            also to see what stores sold the most units and in what region.
            it's part of market research as well as a disc exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by Akai
              It depends where you live

*checks Gateworld e-mail account to see if my info been updated*

Mine isn't updated either.

Yay 1,900 posts
              sigpic

Comment

Ok...at least I'm not the only one who hasn't updated yet. I'm just getting a bit impatient...I can wait for the new disk, I just want to know that the old one was received so I know what's going on. I don't mind being without the disk during the replacement period, but I want to make sure I'm actually going to get the replacement back.

Comment

OK, good. I'm popping in here to pass on a message from a friend, who just bought the s8 DVD set, and she says that it does indeed appear to have the long version of Threads - as jimp mentions the ep is over an hour, compared to 40mins normally.

Now, the question on MY mind is..... does the new version come with the Threads audio commentary?!? Of all the eps to leave commentaries off, Threads would have to be the worst choice - SO much happens that I want to hear explanations for!

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                    Now, the question on MY mind is..... does the new version come with the Threads audio commentary?!? Of all the eps to leave commentaries off, Threads would have to be the worst choice - SO much happens that I want to hear explanations for!
                    From what I've heard, there are no commentaries on the extended Threads version.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                      From what I've heard, there are no commentaries on the extended Threads version.
                      Well, thats a pile of Bull-
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey just out of curosity, have any of you gotten conformation yet that your letter has been recieved by the rebate people? I sent my threads disk back on 11/18, they should have it by now but when I check the status of my rebatem it says "We have received your online submission but we are awaiting your mail in portion to be received." Help!!!!!
                        SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1
                          Hey just out of curosity, have any of you gotten conformation yet that your letter has been recieved by the rebate people? I sent my threads disk back on 11/18, they should have it by now but when I check the status of my rebatem it says "We have received your online submission but we are awaiting your mail in portion to be received." Help!!!!!
                          i did not go online yet to new a new dvd was it hard to fill out the form online?.
                          carter "colone?"
                          o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

oh and btw welcome to the forum
                            carter "colone?"
                            o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

Originally posted by starathena74
                              oh and btw welcome to the forum
                              Thanx for the warm welcome As for the rebate, filling it out online was easy and fast, just hope they get it soon
                              SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by starathena74
                                i did not go online yet to new a new dvd was it hard to fill out the form online?.
                                Not too hard. I already filled out my rebate form and printed it, and sent it. But i haven't checked any status at checkmyrebate.com yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X