Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It started saying 5 days last night after the original countdown was done ..

Comment

Well, whenever the full site comes up, you can bet i'll be there!

Finally, more than just screenshots!

Comment

I Cant wait!! Will it be for gamecube or what?

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

Uhhhhh!!! 5 more friggin days!! This is murder! Will they have a Fan chat thing? Mmmmm, downloads .... wallpaper ... sneak peeks won with Flash mini games ..... mmmmm..

And it had soooo better be online. Say, little stupid question here, you need a network cable to get online, right? For online PS2 play? Do you have to pay for the service if you live in student housing where you get free internet?
          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Angelique
            I Cant wait!! Will it be for gamecube or what?
            No, just PS2, Xbox and PC

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
              Uhhhhh!!! 5 more friggin days!! This is murder! Will they have a Fan chat thing?

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
              And it had soooo better be online. Say, little stupid question here, you need a network cable to get online, right? For online PS2 play? Do you have to pay for the service if you live in student housing where you get free internet?
              I remember JoWood mentioning that there will be an online multi-player environment.
              It will depend on how the multiplayer part of the game is structured. It's likely you have to pay for access to a server that is running the engine, a lot like you do with most games. Local area game play on a PC must be possible and you wouldn't have to pay for that, but that assumes you have anough people in a local lnetwork that will play.

PS2 needing a network cable? Don't know that one sorry.

Comment

[QUOTE=nathanaus]
                It's likely you have to pay for access to a server that is running the engine, a lot like you do with most games.
                [\QUOTE]
                No, I highly doubt that would happen. From what I've heard the game is being built on the Unreal2004 engine, so the server will quite happily run off a linux box. Online play will be free (aside from the cost of the game, and ISP charges of course).

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  Originally posted by nathanaus
                  It's likely you have to pay for access to a server that is running the engine, a lot like you do with most games.
                  No, I highly doubt that would happen. From what I've heard the game is being built on the Unreal2004 engine, so the server will quite happily run off a linux box. Online play will be free (aside from the cost of the game, and ISP charges of course).
                  Uh yeah that's kind of what I meant. Unless your local ISp hosts it, you will still need to connect to a place that runs it - therefore you would need to pay for that access. Unless like I said your ISP hosts it and/or you connection is big enough to run your own server and have people connect to you.

Comment

Just a few more days!
                    *wonder what else will be part of the gameplay

Comment

Who thinks that the website will update on time? I am having my doubts.

Comment

They will this time.

Comment

I somehow secretly hope that this game would feature Jonas Quinn. Maybe a mission to Kelovna (or what was the name of that place). And I sincerely hope that this game will make justice to SG-1 license, meaning that this won't average 70p shooter in different setting.
                          In the fullness of time. Expect me when you see me.

Comment

This is just a heads up to those interested in the game. The official website http://www.stargate-thealliance.com has been updated with a little more info about the game. There are also a few images of the Jaffa. They look decent, but it looks like they've decided to make some modifications and have made some multi-colored Jaffa so it doesn't look like they'll be sticking strictly to show canon. There also seem to be some serpent guards in service of Anubis,

Very Minor Reckoning spoilers
                            Spoiler:

when I first read that I had a problem with it because the game supposedly takes place during season 7 and I thought the Serpent guards were long extinct, but in Reckoning we see a glimpse of them, so it's entirely possible they now serve Anubis.

Other good news is there should be some Jaffa helmet-retractions like in the movie, and that's something that's been lacking in SG-1.
                            My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

The site is pretty nice, I just hope that they update every few days. But I do not like the forums.

Comment

I'd like to see some actual screenshots. All the images we've seen so far have aren't ingame and usually have concept art all over it. Hopefully it will be pretty decent.

Comment

Working...
                                X