Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But nothing and I mean nothing comes close to a computer. Give me an overclocked CPU and an overclocked, PCI-Express GPU (graphics processing unit) anyday!!!

In fact, most games on other lpatforms are "toned down" graphically and memory -wise because they don't have the space or processing power computers do. On the other hand, games only run really well on computers if you sink money into them keeping them as up-to-date as possible. There are plenty of things I wish I had to make my computer a better gaming platform.
    Here Here!

I totally agree. Ive had countless arguments with my friends at college on how a PC is a far better gaming platform that that of any console out there. Let alone the fact that you can FULLY customise a PC and upgrade every other month or so!

O'Neill-
    "How long have you been waiting there?"

"You said half-an-hour, an hour ago"
    "General Hammond's waiting"
    "S'cuse me..."
    "The fate of the world is hanging in the balance and you've been sitting in your truck finishing this?"...
    "I believe it was double or nothing"...
    "OK 23-across, the atomic weight of Boron - The answer is TEN"...
    "Yes?"...
    "You wrote the word FAT"

Comment

Originally posted by user_4574
      Here Here!

I totally agree. Ive had countless arguments with my friends at college on how a PC is a far better gaming platform that that of any console out there. Let alone the fact that you can FULLY customise a PC and upgrade every other month or so!
      yeah, i hate when ppl start saying how an xbox is way more powerful and graphically superior to a PC

how a 3rd generation geforce can be faster than a 6th generation one is beyond me

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
        But nothing and I mean nothing comes close to a computer. Give me an overclocked CPU and an overclocked, PCI-Express GPU (graphics processing unit) anyday!!!

In fact, most games on other lpatforms are "toned down" graphically and memory -wise because they don't have the space or processing power computers do. On the other hand, games only run really well on computers if you sink money into them keeping them as up-to-date as possible. There are plenty of things I wish I had to make my computer a better gaming platform.

I'm a little worried that the fact that this game will be released on multiple platforms that the models, texture, etc... will be less than what they could be for a computer, but oh well. Also, game length and depth get cut short sometimes, though not as much as in the past.
        On the basis of that I hope they enable SLI on it, I have my CPU overclocked at 4.2Ghz and running dual 6800gt's on SLI

And of course - nothing beats a PC graphics/processing wise.

Comment

Exactly.
          Ive feel so sorry for them when they try to back up consoles, especially that less-than-portable noisy-heat generator................im sorry, X-Box.
          Im not gonna go into it, because you know exactly what I'm on about. Some people just refuse to look at specs!
          Ah well....waste your money is all i can say!

O'Neill-
          "How long have you been waiting there?"

"You said half-an-hour, an hour ago"
          "General Hammond's waiting"
          "S'cuse me..."
          "The fate of the world is hanging in the balance and you've been sitting in your truck finishing this?"...
          "I believe it was double or nothing"...
          "OK 23-across, the atomic weight of Boron - The answer is TEN"...
          "Yes?"...
          "You wrote the word FAT"

Comment

Owning a PC over an Xbox...
            Efficent? Yes
            Convient? No
            While you can get better processing speed, graphics, blah blah blah, it is still a pain to go out and buy a new video card every so often and then worry about compatibility issues. Not to mention having that portability with a game console.

Comment

Originally posted by 5th Chevron
              Efficent? Yes
              Convient? No
              While you can get better processing speed, graphics, blah blah blah, it is still a pain to go out and buy a new video card every so often and then worry about compatibility issues. Not to mention having that portability with a game console.
              Oh and there's nothing wrong with that. Consoles have the advantage of portability, being cheap, easy to use and setup.

To the more "Hardcore" computer game players, portability isn't a problem as they will pack up and bring their computers to a LAN party.

There are many things that I like about a computer. For example, when bugs appear in a game, they can be patched, indefinately. Mods Mods Mods!!!! That would be one thing I look forward to with this game. Mods can really extend the life of games. There are some games I play that are over eight years old and I still play them with new mods.

Custom maps for multiplayer. Being able to create new maps for multiplayer is fun and also helps make the game "last longer."

I really hope they release a developer's kit or something to support modding. That is one thing I would defiantely like to see in this game.

On a seperate note, I can't use console controllers, I can only use a mouse and keyboard. I'm pretty decent at first person shooters on the computer, but try and usea a console controller and I really, really suck.

Comment

Yes, as VirtualCLD pointed out - if your a hardcore gamer it's really nothing... like me

I built my PC out of the assumption that I had to make it portable to take it to LANS... friends house.. etc. The only thing I did that I wouldn't have wanted to do was make it water cooled - so now I have to keep a bottle of water with me and have to check the seals and fittings every time I set it down - dont want water landing on my precious components although it has happened.

I really would have loved if they used the HL2 engine, the SDK is awesome. Especially for CS: Source. You guys should check out http://www.stargatesource.com/ - Stargate mod for HL2/CS: Source. Look at the newest update it's turning out awesome

Comment

Originally posted by 5th Chevron
                  Efficent? Yes
                  Convient? No
                  the problem with consoles is that technology moves so fast, consoles rapidly become out of date
                  so they have to limit the games graphics and stuff for them to work

PC's dont have this problems so games consistenty increase the graphics, which is y pcs need to be upgraded all the time

but thats only if u want to run the games at full graphics, even gfx cards several years old, will still be able to play the majority of new games at an acceptable level

Comment

My Guess is its going to be a cross between The new Myst Game, and Half Life 2..

And all these bad dreams, I wake up to the light. And when I can't sleep, I wake up to your eyes.

Comment

Whatever it will be like it would be awsome.
                      sigpic

Comment

Minimize expectations to avoid disapointments

Seriously don't get all rilled up about it. If it's good: It's good. If its bad you can always re-sell it...
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by PoeticTragedy
                          My Guess is its going to be a cross between The new Myst Game, and Half Life 2..

Or none of those - its using the Unreal 1.5 engine

Comment

The official site fully launches tomorrow.

Comment

Well, according to the official website for the SG1 Alliance video game it says there will be a FULL website release tonight at 12AM. (US - EST)

So this is more of a "website release party?" lol but if you want to talk about the realease come to http://sg1alliance.net and if that doesnt work (probably wont until tomorrow) use http://sg1alliance.annul.org - there is a LIVE irc chat applet in the middle of the page and we can discuss thoughts/reactions as well as some stargate trivia.

the site was just put up 2 days ago - some im still doing some heavy work on it and looking for dedicated staff so if anyone is seriously interested let me know via PM. Come Join Us!

Comment

WOOOHOO!!

I'm not sure what you mean by staff. Graphics? Character modeling? Site traffic director? Wish I could but can't help you there. I'm chock full of idea's though!

SG WEB SURFERS, CATCH THE ALLIANCE WAVE.

LUAU!!
                                TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                                X