Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never actually played GTA (darn M rating) But I think that's right about what I'd want it to be. - That and NextGen console RPG/Action games like Elder Ages.
    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

is there a realease date for the uk?
      i was a week after the US realease now i dont know
      and another question, will we see more battle cruisers then the prometheus?

Comment

a free-roaming stargate game wuld be really interesting, with alot of possibilities, personally I love RTS games wuld love a stargate RTS game.

Comment

in a GTA game theres over 100 vehicles so theyd give you loads to fly, with a thousand customisations in between im sure, imagine having a PJ, with shields and beaming tech - u could be the ultimate smuggler for the lucian allience, imagine hyperspace travel and the stargate destroying a sun from a hatak, in a free roam fully destructable, fully customisable nextgen consolve could bring you........
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Try this one on for size: A Stargate MMORPG. Think about it.

Star Wars did it...

Comment

id prefer a stargate free roamer with online universe, and single/multiplayer format built in. thats free.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              11000! green me

Comment

They could always do a guild wars style MMORPG where it's free.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                  DigiFluid: Hold the phone! I think EA's pretty good at games, sure, they can be a tad outrageous, but MOH? SSX? NFL? Not dull to moi...
                  In the last three years there have been four MOH games released on PC and three more on PS2. That's seven--count em, seven games in three years that have had little to no developments or improvements over their respective previous titles.

Next up, Battlefield 1942. On it's own--a pretty boring game with no real perks or interesting factors, at when least compared to other WW2 games out there on the market. Then they decided to milk it by releasing two expansion packs, which only added content into the game which should have been in it originally, and further, didn't even add anything innovative to the game itself.

The Sims: while an entertaining game on its own, it's followups speak for themselves. SEVEN expansion packs in three years, not including the game's re-release as the "Deluxe Edition", which was really just vanilla The Sims bundled with the first expansion pack. Once again, nothing substantive or innovative added to the game.

Let's not even talk about those awful awful Harry Potter games. Or those EA Sports titles that, while good games, have utterly no development from year to year beyond making sure the real-life sports players are accurately modeled for the game.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

hey the LOTR games were pretty good. and Nobody can knock rockstargame for and of their title cos they all rule and are all amazing.
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                      hey the LOTR games were pretty good. and Nobody can knock rockstargame for and of their title cos they all rule and are all amazing.
                      I dunno, a friend lent me the LOTR games a few months back. I thought they were so bad that I drove over to his house to give the discs back the same day lol

Rockstar is an awesome company though. I'm really entertained at how much they just thrive on controversy. Plus they just make awesome games. Max Payne 1 & 2, GTA3, GTA VC, GTA SA, Red Dead Revolver and Midnight Club 3 (to select only recent titles) are all fantastic games with something unique to offer. Nobody is without fault though. Manhunt sucked. It was entertaining for the first 20-30 minutes just because it was shocking, but once you got past the shock factor there was really nothing to the game. It was boring and repetitive.

The only thing is that I'm not sure whether Rockstar would be the right company to tackle the Stargate universe though. They're great at making fantastic, and extremely controversial games. The Stargate universe really isn't all that controversial.

Though to be fair, they're one of the only development companies out there that have a lot of experience in creating huge worlds, so maybe they'd be perfect for the job.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The thing is that those games are all amazing because they are so detailed and what is stargate if not detail, they are IMO the only company who i would trust in greating a game of this scale, anyone else would do it with the usual 'lets gate to X and we get over the first hill and hit the invisible wall' crap.
                        If rock star done it it would be [ lets go over the next 20 hills, to find the long lost city of ________ where we can find our crashed ship,encountering a thriving comunitiy of furling worshipers addicted to roshna, once we get there we can board our ship and fly to othala where thor is waiting to give us an upgrade to our power systems in order to reach atlantis and destroy the wraith armarda approaching atlantis with a new gizmo the hebriddens gave us last month ( real game time).]
                        For the stargate universe to be portrayed in a detail anything like what id imagine for a SG freeroamer on the next gen platforms, which is the only thing capable to do it. when you call 'it' that level of detail for 1000's of worlds, hundreds of mission, submissions, starting points(different circumstances, races), multiple endings(even a custom ending that keeps evolving from players actions), hundred of ships and variation and all their componants and effects on screen( if u get hit you see the shield bubble flicker and the controls spark ect), cities ( othala, dakara, atlantis, chulak, SGC, earth).
                        this could be something amazing and id be willing to wait a year or even two to get a game of this level, it sounds complicated and detailed but they have 11 series of fantasy universe to portray + any future ones, whereas a normal FRG i just 1 city and a few plots and the like.
                        who would wait for a FR SG game of this calibre to develop?
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

That would take a hell of a lot longer than two years to develop.

Comment

well however long it would be worth it no?
                            sigpic
                            11000! green me

Comment

Didn't notice this before, just responding to it now:

rockstar games are amazing, ive had vice city for 3years and am still enjoying it, ive never heard on perception or CroTeam and EA are mainly sport game based which suck in general anyways.
                              Perception - Never heard of them, but that's no reason to expect them to suck

CroTeam - Came out of nowhere and released Serious Sam, an extremely innovative and consistently entertaining game.

EA Games - Does not mostly make sports games. That's EA Sports.

Comment

well however long it would be worth it no?
                                Oh certainly. I'd love to have a free roam Stargate game. I just don't see it happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X