This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JoWood.....

Lets just say I've had a game they made called SOLDNER.... and did it SUCK!!!

Forget JoWood, either give it to Valve or to Sierra or even EA.
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
      JoWood.....

It would be great if the project was given to Bungie or Ubisoft... now that would be great!!

Ace
      "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
        JoWood.....

I heard a rumor that Valve might pick it up - may not be true though (and probably isn't)

Comment

Don't care who picks it up. I just want it out. Hope this doesn't take years.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
            As long as it comes out for PC, I'll be fine. My PC's upgraded well past any of the consoles from this generation and probably about even with the next gen stuff, plus I prefer the mouse and keyboard system for FPS games.
            Same here.
            Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
            WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

One thing I want to add about Jowood. A while back a German company called Wings Simulation game called Panzer Elite. It was mildly successful. They went on to create the game Soldner, which pushed Jowood who was to publish the game, to buy out Wings. This may or may not have been the cause, but Soldner did not become the hit it was expected to be and just after Jowood closed down the Wings Simulation shop as part of a "cost" cutting move.

People are correct who say what has Jowood produced. Nothing so far of ANY significance. And I do not buy the "quality" issue on face value. Unless the game was unplayable they would have released it anyways. Just look at EA/Dice and the recent release of Battlefield 2. EA is a much larger publisher and they released a game clearly month too soon so the result has been a far from stable game.

Comment

OMG, I can't believe they cancelled it! After the appearance at E3 and the awesome website and everything! What can I say, this sucks!

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
                Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

this realy sux. i hope they fix whatever chaos they have up in their offices and give us Stargate: The Alliance as soon as posible.
                  In the middle of my backswing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AnUbIs2004
                    One thing I want to add about Jowood. A while back a German company called Wings Simulation game called Panzer Elite. It was mildly successful. They went on to create the game Soldner, which pushed Jowood who was to publish the game, to buy out Wings. This may or may not have been the cause, but Soldner did not become the hit it was expected to be and just after Jowood closed down the Wings Simulation shop as part of a "cost" cutting move.

People are correct who say what has Jowood produced. Nothing so far of ANY significance. And I do not buy the "quality" issue on face value. Unless the game was unplayable they would have released it anyways. Just look at EA/Dice and the recent release of Battlefield 2. EA is a much larger publisher and they released a game clearly month too soon so the result has been a far from stable game.

Actually BF2 is one of the most solid games to come out in a while.

Soldner...well, that game really did suck in every sense of the word...so I can understand how if Jowood was involved..the game was probably overly generic trash.

We will be seeing a lot of Stargate games coming out in the near future.
                    It feels good to be alive.
                    Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
                      We will be seeing a lot of Stargate games coming out in the near future.
                      Hope you are right on that one. The concept of the show itself just screams for a game to be made. Still hope alliance isn't dead. It seemed like a good story.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

due to be released 01/02/2006 according to play.com! i can't wait that long!
                        more likely compared to amazons 7th of october this year!
                        appologies if this has already been posted. cheers!

Comment

Where have you been? JoWood and its partners are in the middle of a law suit at the moment, so the game has ceased development. Dont expect it any time this year, or the start of next either.

Comment

actually i was aware that people had said development was on hold but infact it is not! perception have released a press release saying they will continue development! check http://www.stargate-gaming.com/site/. thanks

Comment

Slight update - perception is saying that it has the licence from MGM, it has the right's for the code and name, and it has been covering JoWood's legal blunders for the last year or so. The JoWood press release (perception claims) was a get-in-first tactic.

Basically, Perception have said they are going to continue work on the game, and they are about to start a long and painful legal battle with JoWood. Fun, fun, fun...

here is the address to the full perception press release:
                              http://www.perception.com.au/

You can find info on the jowood press release on http://press.jowood.com/
                              "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

I hope, after all this, that we still get a good quality game.
                                Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                                LOVE HIM-> DT
                                ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Working...
                                X