This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im debating over whether to buy S9 Vol 2 or Serenity at the moment
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
      Im debating over whether to buy S9 Vol 2 or Serenity at the moment
      Have u purchased Volume 1 of Season 9? If you haven't then purchase Serenity and buy the Season 9 volumes when Volume 3 of Season 9 comes out. That way you will then have 11 episodes to enjoy

Also - good thing I caught your spoiler tag in your signature - nearly missed another excellent tournament

Comment

I got volume one when it came out, I might get both, depends on how much they cost (Vol 1 was £13.99), Woolworths sale here I come
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Get Volume 2 anyway regardless. I really dont see the appeal in Serenity and Firefly myself

EDIT: Got it
          COmmentaries:

The Powers That Be: William Waring, Joe Mallozzi & Martin Gero
          Beachead: Mark Savela & James Rorick
          Ex-Deus Machine: Martin Wood & Joe Mallozzi
          Babylon: Peter DeLuise & Gary Jones
          Last edited by Serebii; 22 April 2006, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii

Babylon: Peter DeLuise & Gary Jones
            Gary Jones AKA Walter is doing alot of commentaries this year isnt he.
            STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
            legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Got my copy of volume 2 today after a couple of days delay, Play.com are getting worse with deliverys later.
              STARGATE ATLANTIS'S

Comment

I was looking for who the Beachead commentators (Mark Savela & James Rorick) were, (they are visual effects somethings), and I found this:

SG-1 DVD Vol. 46 (http://www.tesco.com/entertainment/p...ason+9+Vol.+46):

DVD special features

Audio Commentaries: "Prototype" featuring Executive Producer Robert Cooper and Writer Alan McCullough. "The Fourth Horseman (Pt.1)" featuring Director Andy Mikita and Writer Damian Kindler. "The Fourth Horseman (Pt. 2)" featuring Director Andy Mikita and Producer Paul Mullie.

Featurettes: "Inside the Stargate Special Effects Department" SG1 Directors Series: "Prototype" featuring Peter DeLuise.

Production Design and Photo Gallery.

SGA DVD Vol. 2.2 (http://www.tesco.com/entertainment/p...7974&bci=6|DVD):

DVD special features

Audio Commentaries: "Condemned" featuring Director Peter DeLuise and Stargate SG-1 Actor Gary Jones, "Trinity" featuring Director Martin Wood and Writer Damian Kindler, "Instinct" featuring Director Andy Mikita and Producer Paul Mullie, "Conversion" featuring Writer Martin Gero and Actors Joe Flanigan and David Hewlett.

Featurettes: Mission Directive: "Instinct" featuring Andy Mikita Paul McGillion Profile.

Production Design and Photo Gallery.
                No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc
                  Got my copy of volume 2 today after a couple of days delay, Play.com are getting worse with deliverys later.
                  Strange, I have had no problems with Play yet...touch wood

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc
                    Gary Jones AKA Walter is doing alot of commentaries this year isnt he.
                    You'll get no complaints from me. That guy's hilarious and always worth listening to, especially when teamed up with Peter DeLuise. I know some people have criticised Peter's sense of humour, but really IMHO I could listen to that for years. I'd rather listen to him making jokes than the more serious commentaries about technical stuff (although obviously I am still interested in that sort of stuff!).
                    sigpic

Comment

S2 Vol 2 Commentaries

Condemned: Peter DeLuise & Gary Jones
                      Trinity: Martin Wood & Damian Kindler
                      Instinct: Andy Mikita & Paul Mullie
                      Conversion: Martin Gero, Joe Flanigan & David Hewlett

Comment

Yup - got my DVD today as well.

Gonna watch the special features later. How come Gary Jones does commentaries for Atlantis, especially those episodes he does not appear in the show.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                          Yup - got my DVD today as well.

Gonna watch the special features later. How come Gary Jones does commentaries for Atlantis, especially those episodes he does not appear in the show.
                          Because commentaries are recorded in sessions. So if Peter DeLuise is doing 5 commentaries a day, e.g. 4 for SG-1 and 1 for Atlantis, and if he asks Gary Jones to join him, then GJ will also stay there for the Atlantis commentary.
                          No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                          (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

I havent got my copy yet expecting it saturday but it didnt turn up.
                            STARGATE ATLANTIS'S

Comment

I am glad that Sony have removed the trailers for other shows from the start of the DVD, and put them in a section on the main menu, so you can decide to view them and not have to keep pressing the skip button as soon as the DVD starts to play.

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka
                                Because commentaries are recorded in sessions. So if Peter DeLuise is doing 5 commentaries a day, e.g. 4 for SG-1 and 1 for Atlantis, and if he asks Gary Jones to join him, then GJ will also stay there for the Atlantis commentary.
                                Well I can honestly say, I wish he hadn't! Gary Jones knows nothing about SGA, and the constant diatribe about Sg1, and other unrelated stuff really annoyed me - again. I'm sure Gary Jones is a great guy, but I really want to learn about the actual episode and what's going on at certain times IN the episode, and the technical stuff etc. The juvenile banter is just yawn worthy, IMO. Oh, but hang on, we did learn Gary Jones thinks Joe Flanigan is attractive, so that was ground breaking information for us fans.
                                The Conversion commentary was the best by far, IMO. I'd like Martin Gero, Joe Flanigan and David Hewlett to do more together. I actually learned something about the choices they made in that episode, and had a good laugh along with them too!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X