No announcement yet.

Asgard Beam weapon vs Drones. which is the all around better weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would have created a ship that has both if the enemy shield is too strong i fire a drone or two to penetrate the shild and disable the shield and then shoot a few beams att the enemy

Comment

How about a Death Star Carrier , a ship carrying Death Stars , it would have a billion drones and 2 million APBW
      sigpic
      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

how about the arcturus? blow up the entire universe!

Comment

a super-duper arcturus in orbit around the Arcturus star
          sigpic
          Stargate Mods List

Comment

it would be best to have both kinds of weapons like star trek ships.

I would use beam weapons against hatacks or any single ships. and drones against small ships, accurate shots and if we could have some nuke drones then we could use them against many hives at the same time. and i would use both for super powerful ships

Comment

or better mini-drones , and millions of them
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

Comment

drones already have nuclear warheads. it's only that the nuclear warhead powers the shield thingey which allows it to penetrate everything.

so the further it flies and the more armor it penetrates, the less power is left to explode in a nuclear flash.

Comment

Drones like all SG weapons appear to have adjustible yields, we've seen them explode with enough force to turn an Asuran Aurora inside out and we've seen them explode with no more AOE than a hand grenade.

A swarm of drones can do anything the APBW's can do and more in the case of targetting multiple ships, however it's probably more economical to use the APBW unless you're going to be overwhelemed.
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

also a drone capable ship requires ammo , but a APBW requires only energy , and no drones have no nuclear warhead
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Mods List

Comment

Drones are small, you could fit millions of them inside an Aurora. Only energy? You're talking like powering an APBW would cheap.
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                        Drones are small, you could fit millions of them inside an Aurora. Only energy? You're talking like powering an APBW would cheap.
                        but what about the energy required for making the drones....
                        sigpic

Comment

also the resources put into building and also the med for ammo , that's why destiny doesn't have drones
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Mods List

Comment

We don't know how drones are made, the Ancients obviously didn't have a probably with that otherwise they wouldn't be the primary weapons on their ships/outposts.

Comment

A swarm of drones can do anything the APBW's can do and more in the case of targetting multiple ships, however it's probably more economical to use the APBW unless you're going to be overwhelemed.
                              although 1-on-1 an APBW is more powerful, drones can be fired in large swarms. so it depends on who you fight.

if i fought the wraith, and they are the force they're supposed to be, then drones FTW.

however a force like the goauld: APBW's. if you can power APBW's you have the shields to withstand their attacks long enough to instagib them.

so IMO it depends on the DPS the enemy can deal.

and wheter you're the sledgehammer type or the surgical tool type
                              also the resources put into building and also the med for ammo , that's why destiny doesn't have drones
                              destiny predates drones.

also it's not economical to put an ammo weapon on a ship designed for long-term travel.

We don't know how drones are made, the Ancients obviously didn't have a probably with that otherwise they wouldn't be the primary weapons on their ships/outposts.
                              depends. they certainly had plenty of time to manufacture quadrillions of drones

Comment

But if drones where available , would you put them on destiny , or put a energy weapon that doesn't need ammo .
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Mods List

Comment

Working...
                                X