Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't the Ancients return with Atlantis ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One idea I just had :

Since Project Arcturus could not work but yield a massive amount of power, the Ancients could have lured the Wraith in tha solar systems and blow everything.

How so? they had the choice :

" we are making new ships/2nd Atlantis-like city with intergalactic hyperdrive and ZPMs"
    " we are making a stargate to go to a populated galaxy"
    " we have found a drug to reverse/kill the Wraith and are starting mass-production"

Just make it sound like it is real so that even the people captured by the Wraith will believe it themselves. Then, the Wraith come in force and boom! It will cripple them enough for the Ancients to come up with a new army and new plans (and surely a way to find Wraith outposts, shipyards and cloning facility).

Morally, this idea is on par with leaving human population in PG at the mercy of the space vampires and live a peaceful life on Earth, MW.
    La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
    L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
      Why didn't the ancients return with Atlantis? To me it seems quite simple (assuming they had some sort of forward planning).

A few facts and assumptions about the ancients:
      1) The ancients had been fighting for nearly a century with the Wraith, to no avail.
      2) They spent alot of time focusing on Ascension.
      3) Earth was developing quite nicely by itself
      4) There were many planets inhabited by humans in Pegasus.
      5) The Ancients felt 'guilty' for the creation of the Wraith

So, Atlantis is the last line of defense, and the only link to the Milky Way. The Ancients have two options:
      A) Stand and Fight, they have no way to win, and Atlantis will either be destroyed or be captured by the Wraith.
      B) Return to the Milky Way, and focus on Ascension. Atlantis will have a problem breaking through the Wraith lines, and will probably be destroyed before it manages to escape to the Milky Way.

The Ancients, not being natural fighters, decide to run. The only way they can do this is via the stargate.

There is another good reason for them leaving though. If Atlantis had been destroyed then the humans in Pegasus would be culled without a fight. As long as Atlantis remains then there is hope for the humans. The Ancients know that they cannot help the humans of Pegasus directly but, hope that the humans on Earth are sufficiently 'Ancient-like' to be able to
      A) Defeat the Goa'uld if they ever invade
      B) Find Atlantis ( The ancient left clues to help us)
      C) Will have a instinctual need to help the weak (possibly programmed in by the ancients themselves)

In Short the ancients left Atlantis because it was the only thing they could do to ensure there own survival and the survival of the humans in Pegasus. As much as the Ancients haven't shown to be very 'tactically' minded, I think this is the exception.

the goauld are only about 5000 years old and the aincents presumably ascended way before they came around

the aincents didint return with atlantis because they couldnt without it being destroyed. plus what if the hives tried to follow them to the mw galaxy,they couldnt take that risk. if the wraith found out about the mw they would have no where to go.
      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

I think the reason why they left atlantis behind because they wanted to return with earth humans they seeded on earth they think earth is relatively advanced and can be used as reinforcements to fight the wraith
        Continuing Stargate
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=50813

Stargate Universal Sin

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=67861

Stargate Dark Frontier
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=71213

Uttara Kuru- Afterimage (proper theme for stargate)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gPYc1boma8

Comment

Originally posted by Shinto-Male View Post
          I think the reason why they left atlantis behind because they wanted to return with earth humans they seeded on earth they think earth is relatively advanced and can be used as reinforcements to fight the wraith
          first of all, having humans from earth wouldnt have made any difference because they were out of resources and outnumbered and had already been fighting the war for 100 years and they just wanted to escape the war and move on with their lives.
          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
            first of all, having humans from earth wouldnt have made any difference because they were out of resources and outnumbered and had already been fighting the war for 100 years and they just wanted to escape the war and move on with their lives.
            I think the Ancients believed they were returning to the survivors of the plague that were left behind in the Milky Way (Brothers and Sisters who survived and were at their level of technology if not more advanced) and they must have thought they could get supplies and reinforcements and return and wipe the Wraith out (as they would not be so arrogant in their approach the second time). But when they came back they realsied that we could barely make fire and they had no choice but not ascend or mix with the population as they couldn't rebuild there civilisation.

Comment

actually had SG1 not continued, Atlantis had been found in the Arctic and used to battle the Replicators.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                actually had SG1 not continued, Atlantis had been found in the Arctic and used to battle the Replicators.
                that realisation is epicly green worthy IMO but i cant green..

Comment

To answer the thread's question: the Lanteans didn't give a **** anymore.
                  The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    thats just a killer answer

www.darkarmada.nl
                    www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                      I think the Ancients believed they were returning to the survivors of the plague that were left behind in the Milky Way (Brothers and Sisters who survived and were at their level of technology if not more advanced) and they must have thought they could get supplies and reinforcements and return and wipe the Wraith out (as they would not be so arrogant in their approach the second time). But when they came back they realsied that we could barely make fire and they had no choice but not ascend or mix with the population as they couldn't rebuild there civilisation.
                      but, i think you forgetting that they had already lost. i mean they had no more resources to build ships and the wriath would just keep growing so they could bring back 2 million people but it still would not have made a difference because they had been fighting a war for a hundred years and everyone was dead except for them so they just gave up.

and the survivors from the plague were the ones who went to the pegasus galaxy in the first place so they already knew that there werent any there.

and if they were intending to return, just with reinforcements they all wouldnt have left, just a delegation to ask for help so i really doubt that thats why they left.
                      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

its possible the massive bombardment from the hundreds of Wraith ships in orbit put so much force on the city that the stardrive couldn't compensate enough to break orbit..the cities stardrive simply wasn't powerful enough to push back against the weight of this bombardment..

Comment

probrably just bad writing cause if you think about it they had 10 years ( correct me if i'm off) to leave with all 3 zpms they should be able to leave if not use the remain drones make some more or find some more. the wraith would have never made it the milky way galaxy unless they made a giant ark type thing. of course something like that would mean more drops from hyperspace. also if the lanterans had gone a different way stopped then headed to earth they would throw of the wraith and still make it to earth.
                          time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                            the goauld are only about 5000 years old and the aincents presumably ascended way before they came around
                            They would have to be a heck of a lot older than that. 5000 years ago, Ra was already ruling on Earth. This means a few things would've had to happen in their history prior to that:

1. First, they would've had to figure out how to use the gate on the Goa'uld homeworld. Who KNOWS how long that would've taken.
                            2. They would've had to figure out how to use humans as hosts (maybe difficult, maybe not). At first, remember, they used the Unas exclusively.
                            3. Then, they would've had to master hyperdrive and other advanced technologies.
                            4. And last, they would've had to have found Earth. Whether this was by use of the stargate, or by ship, it would've taken a dang long time.

So personally, I think the Goa'uld were already at large by the time the Ancients got back from Pegasus. Perhaps they weren't on Earth yet, but, IMO, they were already enslaving parts of the galaxy. This might explain why the Ancients died off or ascended rather than continuing their existence in the corporal form.

Or (yes, OT I know) MAYBE, the Ancients actually were responsible for 'waking up' the Goa'uld. It would be fairly the same as what happened in Pegasus, where a team of scientists re-explore the gate network because they had been gone for a million years or so. They get to the Goa'uld homeworld and get goa'ulded. That would actually explain how they knew about how to use the gate network, and, well, anything the scientists knew including hyperdrive tech.

Well, that is all.

[/off topic rant]

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

there were probably too many hive ships also they had no incentive to bring atlantis back they were on the verge of ascension after all
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                                They would have to be a heck of a lot older than that. 5000 years ago, Ra was already ruling on Earth. This means a few things would've had to happen in their history prior to that:

1. First, they would've had to figure out how to use the gate on the Goa'uld homeworld. Who KNOWS how long that would've taken.
                                2. They would've had to figure out how to use humans as hosts (maybe difficult, maybe not). At first, remember, they used the Unas exclusively.
                                3. Then, they would've had to master hyperdrive and other advanced technologies.
                                4. And last, they would've had to have found Earth. Whether this was by use of the stargate, or by ship, it would've taken a dang long time.

So personally, I think the Goa'uld were already at large by the time the Ancients got back from Pegasus. Perhaps they weren't on Earth yet, but, IMO, they were already enslaving parts of the galaxy. This might explain why the Ancients died off or ascended rather than continuing their existence in the corporal form.

Or (yes, OT I know) MAYBE, the Ancients actually were responsible for 'waking up' the Goa'uld. It would be fairly the same as what happened in Pegasus, where a team of scientists re-explore the gate network because they had been gone for a million years or so. They get to the Goa'uld homeworld and get goa'ulded. That would actually explain how they knew about how to use the gate network, and, well, anything the scientists knew including hyperdrive tech.

Well, that is all.

[/off topic rant]
                                That is a really interesting idea, it would explain a lot about how the Goa'uld came to power during the Ancients return from Pegasus.
                                "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
                                "That he is concealing something."
                                "Like what?"
                                "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
                                "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
                                "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
                                "I liked that movie!"

Comment

Working...
                                X