Hive Ship Vs Battlestar Pegasus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
    No SG ship has much point defence with the exception of ships that carry drones just a few turets that can be avoided i mean they aint going to kill a whole load of raiders/raptors.
    The 303 and 304 have Railguns which are point defence weapons which have always been able to shred enemy fighters and even damage capital ships (Abeit lightly)

Comment

well i was thinking relative to a battlestars flack barier i mean stuff gets past railguns like in deadalus variations now imagine if those fighter jumped inside the sheilds the point defence only worked when there was some distance

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Bare in mind in Daedalus variations the railguns where being fired by people with little experience. Particuarly Ronin

Comment

Good point Alterran1-Ronon had no experience firing the railguns-get Major Marks and he'll show you how its done. While BSG has more point defence its is 3 times the lengh minium and manouvers like a Wraith hive with a wheel clamp

Comment

Pretty much any ship in SG without sheilds with the exception of the ones that carry drones and maybe a toilet bowl wouldnt last long against vipers and raptors if its sheilds are down

Actualy raptors have FTL they could jump inside sheilds the FTL is certainly acurate enugh thats an intresting thought 304 VS squadron of raiders.

No SG ship has much point defence with the exception of ships that carry drones just a few turets that can be avoided i mean they aint going to kill a whole load of raiders/raptors.
            As said by others, Tau'ri ships have PDs, Ha'taks have PDS (and Sokar's even had homing energy bolts) and the Asgards can beam out of existence anything that's not shielded. Hell, the Prometheus could be a building into orbit, so an Asgard ship...
            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
              As said by others, Tau'ri ships have PDs, Ha'taks have PDS (and Sokar's even had homing energy bolts) and the Asgards can beam out of existence anything that's not shielded. Hell, the Prometheus could be a building into orbit, so an Asgard ship...
              Asgard fair enugh but anubis point defence let the X302 past probably because no one expects to use it inside the sheild note in Deadalus variations the alien fighters went down easier when there was a bit of distance which makes alot of sense.

And it only takes one nuke most ships in SG rely on sheilds.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                actually, 8 302's own every dart......

but hey, the hive's weapons would just OWN the BSP. if not, just ram the nose into it. after the entire front has vapourised, you can just find a planet, get some biomatter and regrow the nose

I don't think it would be that simple, anyway, the wraith wouldnt need to ram into the ship because the weapons would destroy it, if they did ram into it, the flak barrier would do some fair damage.
                8 302's do not own every dart on a hive, i have rarely seen our 304's deploy the 302's against a hive. I have seen it against a wraith cruiser but that is minute amount of darts compared to a hive. The intense amount of fire from 80 or so darts would likely destroy any viper sent into the perimeter of them.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

Asgard fair enugh but anubis point defence let the X302 past probably because no one expects to use it inside the sheild note in Deadalus variations the alien fighters went down easier when there was a bit of distance which makes alot of sense.

And it only takes one nuke most ships in SG rely on sheilds.
                  And hiveships, again, rely on regenerative armour. :|
                  They're meant to do what shields do.
                  The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

didnt stop shepards 302

Comment

didnt stop shepards 302
                      He hit the exposed hyperdrives. Even on a 304 the hyperdrives are exposed, a single AMRAAM missile into the nacelle would ruin it. The difference being that in general, shields are there to provide protection.
                      Smaller ships can eventually partially hide their hyperdrives beneath the outer hull.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                        He hit the exposed hyperdrives. Even on a 304 the hyperdrives are exposed, a single AMRAAM missile into the nacelle would ruin it. The difference being that in general, shields are there to provide protection.
                        Smaller ships can eventually partially hide their hyperdrives beneath the outer hull.
                        That was my point a few other things are exposed too wepons manuvering thruster ect

Comment

That was my point a few other things are exposed too wepons manuvering thruster ect
                          Well, good chance trying to take down all the relevant features on a 11 km long ship protected by a swarm of fighters outnumbering those of the Pegasus like ten to one and piloted by something more evolved than a Raider's fiendish AI.

Comment

Exactly. Any ship without shields could have their hyper drive destroyed/damaged by a missile. The fact remains that a single viper could not take out 8-10 darts..too much incoming fire and the pilot would not be able to avert the darts fire while targeting and firing at them.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

Pretty much any ship in SG without sheilds with the exception of the ones that carry drones and maybe a toilet bowl wouldnt last long against vipers and raptors if its sheilds are down

Actualy raptors have FTL they could jump inside sheilds the FTL is certainly acurate enugh thats an intresting thought 304 VS squadron of raiders.

302's would be deployed to counter-act them besides its not that simple, if you get it wrong, you could end up inside a wall, heh, its accurate, but not perfect, and you have to take in account momentum, a raptor couldn't just stop in the middle of battle and fire up the tfl, it would be destroyed unless it had a 1,000,000 leaf clover(for those dubmasses, it means a crap-load of luck). There is not much room between the shields and the ship, with too much momentum, you could just end up like a fly on windscreen.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

I have to say that they are both almost evenly matched.
                                pegasus hive
                                FTL hyperdrive
                                hundreds of vipers hundreds of darts
                                rapters scouts
                                thick armor thick bioarmor
                                kenetic energy weps very powerful energy weapons

I think the Hive would win because there ship is much larger so it could take more damage than than pegasus.

that's my opinion

Comment

Working...
                                X