No announcement yet.

Hive Ship Vs Battlestar Pegasus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're forgettting that Stargate nukes have yeilds at around 1 gigaton. or 1000 megatons due to naquadah enchancement. BSG nukes are at best 50 megatons for the planetary attack versions and 50 kilotons for the fighter lauched missiles. So thats means an SG nuke is 200, to 200,000 times stronger than a BSG nuke.

Just because SG nukes can kill a hive does not mean BSG nukes can.

SG tech outstrips BSG tech so far its not even funny.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
      You're forgettting that Stargate nukes have yeilds at around 1 gigaton. or 1000 megatons due to naquadah enchancement. BSG nukes are at best 50 megatons for the planetary attack versions and 50 kilotons for the fighter lauched missiles. So thats means an SG nuke is 200, to 200,000 times stronger than a BSG nuke.

Just because SG nukes can kill a hive does not mean BSG nukes can.

SG tech outstrips BSG tech so far its not even funny.
      Still though, a poorly designed Genii nuke was more than enough to destroy a Hive. I realize that this is a far easier prospect when the nuke is detonating from within, but still. All the Pegasus would have to do is employ the exact same technique that they used to board the Basestar in Razor. Draw away the Darts, which would be no match for Pegasus' point defence and Darts, then have a few nuclear equipped Raptor jump directly outside of the fighter bay and fire their nukes into them.

These VS threads are pointless though. Yeah, Stargate tech far outstrips BSG tech, but when you go by what you see on the show, the tactics employed in Stargate's ship battles are often lackluster. They have redeemed themselves as of late, but we never really see tactics being used by either side, other than simply ambushes.

At least the Pegasus would do reconnaissance and come up with a good and solid plan, rather than blindly appearing in front of a Hive, sitting there completely still with shields up for a few minutes deciding what to do, trying and failing, then jumping back into Hyperspace. Or just blowing them away with the beam weapons.

Don't get me wrong, I love Stargate's ship battles, but the commanders of the ships use 2-dimensional tactics that are rarely smart. The crews of the Battlestars strike me as infinitely more professional and ruthless.

And lets face it, Cain was as badassed as any Wraith! If the Pegasus was under her command, she'd ram the Hive and take them both out before ever being destroyed.
      Last edited by Finger13; 12 December 2008, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Didn't MacKay and Zelelnka naquadah enchance the genii nukes while they were finishing them off?
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
          Didn't MacKay and Zelelnka naquadah enchance the genii nukes while they were finishing them off?
          I don't think they would have weapons grade Naquadah lying around to throw into their nukes. I don't know if that's what they use to fuel the naquadah generators, but since we didn't see them cannibalizing any other systems it's logical to assume that the weapon had the same amount of uranium and other components.

McKay and Zelenka were working on them because they weren't completed upon arrival. All of the basic materials should have been there though.

Comment

It doesn't matter wether the naquadah is refined or not, it still enchances the boom; the refined stuff just does it more bbut use naquadah reactors does require weapons grade naquadah: Major Davis was against giving the russians reactor tech in '48 Hours' becuase it would require giving them access to refined weapons grade naquadah.
            sigpic
            Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
              Still though, a poorly designed Genii nuke was more than enough to destroy a Hive. I realize that this is a far easier prospect when the nuke is detonating from within, but still. All the Pegasus would have to do is employ the exact same technique that they used to board the Basestar in Razor. Draw away the Darts, which would be no match for Pegasus' point defence and Darts, then have a few nuclear equipped Raptor jump directly outside of the fighter bay and fire their nukes into them.
              The problem is that the wraith don't use the darts in that way, they use them a cannon fodder and turrets, so you'd have to get the darts to congregate around one side of the hive while your raptors jump in on the other side. The darts are mostly useless, it's there numbers that present the problem, they will just crash into whatever you throw against the hive.

Comment

I think that the outcome depends on few things

A) Does battlestar know what the wraith are, or do they just meet them as a random encounter?
                B) Are both sides allowed to be smart?
                C) Are we using low end or high end estimates of hive ships capabilities?
                Big RPG revival, going through well-known RPGs one by one.
                Done: Fallout 1/2/3, Icewind Dale 1/2, Baldur's Gate 1/2, Neverwinter Nights 1, ME1/2, DA:O, The Witcher
                To Do: Neverwinter Nights 2 (+MotB, SoZ), KotOR 1/2 (If I get it to work.)
                Favs: F2 (for its humour) PS:T (for being the best story reliant RPG)

Oblivion isn't going to be done ever, I just can't force myself to play it.

Comment

Well, I think the Original Series Pegasus could definitely wreck a hive ship, and the new series Pegasus would have a fair chance.

Comment

A Wraith Hive can withstand a naquadah enhanced nuke which would be hundreds of times stronger than the Pegasus' best weapons...its no contest Hive wins easy.
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
                      I know allot of you don’t like these VS threads much……………and I know allot of you do like these VS threads. But I couldn’t resist this one.

Both Ships have no shields and equipped to deploy fighters at will

WRAITH HIVE SHIP – Darts, Organic Armoured Hull, Pulsed Energy Weapons Sublight Engines & Hyperdrive

BATTLESTAR PEGASUS – Vipers (MK II or VII), Raptors, Kinetic Energy Weapons, Nuclear ship-to-ship Missiles, Sublight & FTL Drive
                      well it whould be a awsome figth

all thous figthers both ship will send out whould be a awsome fight ( the dogfights in Bsg i one of the reasons i watch it)

both have good hull and powerfull weapons

if BSP nucleat weapons whould reach the hive then they whould win but i really dont know how it whould end

Comment

Same here-I would expect one helluva fight

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                          Same here-I would expect one helluva fight
                          there is only one think , how whould the hull stand agians Pulse weapons or what ever the Hive use

Comment

Pegasus does have ablative shielding.

Comment

Armour!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                                Armour!!!!!!!!!!!
                                well look at the deadalus it can only whit stand few shoots from a wraith cruiser,

the BSP is a little bigger and has batter armor but the hive has better weapons then a cruiser but like i said if the BSP nuclear weapons hit the hive then ther cannons can finish it

Comment

Working...
                                X