No announcement yet.

Pegasus gates vs Milky Way gates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so why do you have to wait from the gate at SGC to dial one chevron befor you can dial another?
    This is Colonel Steven Caldwell
    Commander of the Earth ship Daedalus
    we are ready to assist you!

" open up those bays all batteries "

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StevenCaldwell View Post
      so why do you have to wait from the gate at SGC to dial one chevron befor you can dial another?
      I have no idea...I think its so they can have Walter say "First Chevron encoded." or "First Chevron has failed to dial."........or "Danger Danger Will robin-" Oh...wrong sci fi series
      sigpic
      Spoiler:
      President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
      President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
      Forum Charmer
      Forum Ambassador
      Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
      VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
      VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

coz the gates in peggy you can just dial 8 symbles and the gate dials automaticly!

sigpic

Comment

coz the gates in peggy you can just dial 8 symbles and the gate dials automaticly!
          7 symbols, we only dial 8 to go the SGC. as it is in a different galaxy.
          sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

yeah thats right do you know why the gates in the MW you can dial 1 and wait for the chevron to lock befor dialing another?

sigpic

Comment

yeah thats right do you know why the gates in the MW you can dial 1 and wait for the chevron to lock befor dialing another?
              Yes.... The milkyway gates are the oldest and needs to rotate the symbols to get the shevons to lock in place, the Peggy gates have lights for symbols, and as you see when watching Atlantis nothing spins apart from the lights turning.

Comment

so the gate in the MW were the first ever built?

sigpic

Comment

so the gate in the MW were the first ever built?
                  well as far as we know yes, I don't know if they have stargates in the Ori Galaxy as we have never seen one over there. In the few episodes when Daniel was there.

Comment

Yes the MW gates are the oldest so far as we know. If there are gates in the Ori Galaxy then they would be the oldest.
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:
                    President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                    President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                    Forum Charmer
                    Forum Ambassador
                    Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Milky Way gates are mechanical and Pegasus gates are just electronic (teh chevrons i mean) so id say the Pegasus gates are faster.

Comment

I pretty sure that the Pegasus gates are the newer ones and that they dial faster. The Milky way gates are older you can tell b/c they dial by rotating the whole wheel with all the symbols and the chevrons have to lock into place. Where as the Pegasus gates use symbols made of lights and only the symbols spin not the whole wheel.

The ancient only went to Pegasus after their first attempt to settle the Milky Way failed (the encounter of the great plague the one that Ayiana carried). By then all the Milky Way gates were all ready in place.
                        sigpic

Comment

the earth gate is the only one that needs to spin. If you look on any given offworld gate, you'll see that they don't spin. You'll also notice that the atlantis gate makes the symbols light up until they get to a chevron. None of the pegasus offworld gates do that. Apparently, the stargates at the earth bases (atlantis and SGC) have to do some sort of spinny motion or else it wouldn't look cool. take a look. Maybe I'll make an animated GIF of examples of each gate dialing up and we can compare them, but I'm pretty sure what I wrote above is true.

Another thing that's come into my mind from this is that while we know we can manually dial MW gates by spinning the inner ring once we have enough energy stored in the gate, to date, we've seen no indication that pegasus gates can be manually dialed. In fact, I vaguely remember Rodney saying it wasn't possible after the DHD was destroyed in "Phantoms", though that may have just been because there was no power to the gate seeing as the power source in the DHD was destroyed along with the dialing functions. What think you?
                          Last edited by Col. Matarrese; 04 January 2007, 09:12 PM. Reason: sentence structure
                          Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                          Check out my Flickr

Comment

so as far as we know the oldest gates are in the MW, we dont know if the Ori have SG's, but would explain why they always come by ship, because they dont have stargates!

sigpic

Comment

The only thing the Pegasus gates don't have is manual dialling!
                              Originally posted by G.B Shaw
                              Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
                              Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
                              Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
                              You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
                              Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
                              One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
                              You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
                              The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
                              www.7-scales.co.uk
                              http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

so as far as we know the oldest gates are in the MW, we dont know if the Ori have SG's, but would explain why they always come by ship, because they dont have stargates!
                                Those ships got here by a giant gate....lol. How do you think the priors all got here in season 9 then? They didn't come in ships.

Comment

Working...
                                X