The Beds In Atlantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McKay's girl
    thats what I thought, but I dont think they would have had rooms for that many beds. (Maybe camp beds)
    Answer: Ikea. Lots and lots of Ikea.
    JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
    VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
    MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
    LANDRY
    : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
    Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
    Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
    Mmm... Green...

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
      I was a bit disapointed, I think Atlantis should be bigger, hopefully they will bring in some twist that will allow it to be bigger.

Owen Macri
      A city the size of Manhattan isn't big enough for you?

Comment

Lol, don't you know that each room is a mini holodeck and they can make it look like whatever they want! lol, that would be cool.

Owen Macri

Comment

Maybe the Ancients used something like viscoelastic foam (the same stuff that the Tempurpedic mattresses use). The stuff is VERY awesome. I've tried one of those beds and I have to say it was the most comfortable bed I've ever layed (lain?) on. You can actually purchase the foam and make your own. I've got the memory foam part already, I just need a base of standard foam to go under it to make it complete.

Comment

Originally posted by 6thMonolith
            Answer: Ikea. Lots and lots of Ikea.
            Whats that?

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Newman
              A city the size of Manhattan isn't big enough for you?
              No, it seems llike the Ancients are capable of so much more, I was hoping they would find like a continent sized city, preferably all of them. When Atlantis started to be explored I said, what are they going to do for the next eight seasons, in "The Eye" or "The Storm" or whichever one it was, Sheppard went to the outermost part of one of the piers, they need a city that takes days maybe a couple weeks to walk across, Atlantis just seems so small and insignificant compared to the capabilites of the Ancients, I was expecting so much more...

Owen Macri

Comment

Whats that?
                Ikea is a furniture store. http://www.ikea.com/

Owen Macri

Comment

I think they brought their own mattresses with them... can you imagine how dusty a 10,000 year old mattress might be? and even if they weren't dusty would you really want to sleep on the 10,000 year old mattress of a dead/ascended guy? Besides, Earth beds can be pretty nice (mine is ), how much could the ancients really improve on body molding foam? Maybe a different material, but we wouldn't see the difference just by looking at it. Maybe the Ancients bed used to have tiny little massage pearls that vibrate, and massage you to sleep... that would be so nice.

I'm still waiting for my ancient Jacuzzi. With all those bubble tubes flowing through the city I know there MUST be a spa.

As for the swimming pool, it's probably beneath the floor of that exercise room. They just need to find the right button.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

It is possible that Ancient sleeping platforms dematerialize you, ad in artificial the effects of sleep, and then in the morning they rematerialize you, so allthough you never technically sleep the effects of an extremly good nights sleep is implanted into your body.

Owen Macri

Comment

No, it seems llike the Ancients are capable of so much more, I was hoping they would find like a continent sized city, preferably all of them. When Atlantis started to be explored I said, what are they going to do for the next eight seasons, in "The Eye" or "The Storm" or whichever one it was, Sheppard went to the outermost part of one of the piers, they need a city that takes days maybe a couple weeks to walk across, Atlantis just seems so small and insignificant compared to the capabilites of the Ancients, I was expecting so much more...

Owen Macri
                      Major Sheppard didn't walk all the way there he transported most of the way, but he still had to walk a long way from the transporter

Comment

They never really specifed that, but the point was that he was able to get there in such a short amount of time, and the fact that he was there. This made it seem very easy to get to the outermost parts of the city, making it seem very small.

Owen Macri

Comment

They never really specifed that, but the point was that he was able to get there in such a short amount of time, and the fact that he was there. This made it seem very easy to get to the outermost parts of the city, making it seem very small.

Owen Macri
                          by the time he got there McKay and Weir had already finished theres

Comment

I know in comparison to Mackay and Weir he took a long time, but in terms of big, it was short. lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

Whats that?
                              It's a furnature store that flat-packs everything. You buy it, take it home, and assemble it yourself.
                              JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                              VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                              MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                              LANDRY
                              : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                              Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                              Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                              Mmm... Green...

Comment

Pretty much! lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                                X