No announcement yet.

The Beds In Atlantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well they have a gym, swimming is exersize too. They could be searching the city and find one, and then from there on people could be swimming in it when they get calls from the control room instead of fighting with sticks in the gym.

Owen Macri

Comment

maybe in one of those dome things at the end of the arms ancinet shield convert sea water in to a swimming pool.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
        Well they have a gym, swimming is exersize too. They could be searching the city and find one, and then from there on people could be swimming in it when they get calls from the control room instead of fighting with sticks in the gym.

Owen Macri
        Shallow person that I am *puts hand up to vote for Sheppard to be in that scenario*

But back to talking about beds, can so totally see McKay making a waterbed in his spare time to help ease the bruises he must get from being whumped in various episodes.

Originally posted by immhotep
        maybe in one of those dome things at the end of the arms ancinet shield convert sea water in to a swimming pool.
        All the charm of swimming in the ocean without fear of being eaten alive.

Comment

That wouldn't be to hard. Maybe Atlantis is not a ship or a city at all, the actual city is cloaked and they havent found it yet, it is much, much bigger, Atlanits is actually just a big fountain in the middle of the city! lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

its possible that the origional city was much larger, in rising the area the shield covered was huge, but over time the shield collapsed and the city crumble until on what is left reamained, or there are other city's under the ocean but only our one had the stargate, the others were shielded and cloaked and only visable when remotely uncloaked from our control room.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

I was a bit disapointed, I think Atlantis should be bigger, hopefully they will bring in some twist that will allow it to be bigger.

Owen Macri
              Last edited by _Owen_; 05 June 2005, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                They live on an ocean!

Owen Macri
                EXACTLY!! Theyve got plenty of water for waterbeds!!!

sigpic
                Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Lol, technically they are all waterbeds, and water chairs, and water floors, and water everything, lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

And how is that?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyrs
                      The beds that we saw in The Gift don't look that advanced. Being the ancients I would have thoght more, the Tollan have sleeping platforms which automatically adjust to their body temperatue and they aren't nearl as advanced as the Ancients.

Looks to me like the Atlantis team came with their own beds...
                      JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                      VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                      MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                      LANDRY
                      : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                      Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                      Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                      Mmm... Green...

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                        And how is that?
                        Well basically Atlantis is a water city, because it is floating on water, and technically, since everything inside Atlantis is also indirectly floating on water they are all "water utilities."

Owen Macri

Comment

Wow did this thread take off or what i went to bed last night or should i say this morning and no had posted anything

Comment

Originally posted by 6thMonolith
                            it does seam that way, maybe they put the matresses on the atlantis beds and don't know how to turn them on or use them

Comment

Originally posted by 6thMonolith
                              thats what I thought, but I dont think they would have had rooms for that many beds. (Maybe camp beds)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Newman
                                it does seam that way, maybe they put the matresses on the atlantis beds and don't know how to turn them on or use them
                                That sounds like a good explination.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                                X