Atlantis Extinction revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
    Something i'm sure Sheppard would quickly volunteer for.
    Him, Ronon, Lorne, most other marines...
    Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
      They must be pulling ZPM's out of thin air. Because the 3 they had in EATG can't have much power left in them after using the hyperdrive and than the wormhole drive (which supposedly required a massive amount of power) coupled with the battle with the superhive. I'm surprised they even had enough power to launch the city back into space, let alone keep the shield active 24/7 and expand life support beyond the city into the void between the city and sheild.

Just by reading that little bit, it sounds like they planned on out doing EATG on the stupidity scale.
      Well, there's a ZPM on the Odyssey and another powering the Antarctic outpost.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
        Well, there's a ZPM on the Odyssey and another powering the Antarctic outpost.
        The second one is probably buried in the remains of the destroyed section of Area 51 with the Chair.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
          The second one is probably buried in the remains of the destroyed section of Area 51 with the Chair.
          We don't know how strong ZPM's are- although in Home I think McKay threw one and it shattered on the floor, but he also did say that the laws of physics were different in that mind simulation...

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
            The ZPM plugs into the platform the chair sits upon which is presumably tied into the whole outpost. I always thought it was utterly stupid that the chair was moved to begin with. It's a computer interface. How's it going to interface if it's not plugged into the outpost?

Comment

The ZPM is holding a quantum something that sounds very dangerous , i am sure that something this dangerous can't be destroyed easily , just look at RL nuclear reactors , if you smash a F14 into them nothing happens (i think the US army did a test like that ) .
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
              StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
              GW member infractions : 1

Comment

I'm glad this script isn't getting filmed. How about send Atlantis back to Pegasus because planetary coalition (from "Inquisition") has requested help? With Atlantis gone, there's nothing to protect humanity from the Wraith. General O'Neill could be written into the story, a man faced with a hard decision. Keep Atlantis on Earth (or our moon) to protect Earth... or send it back to Pegasus to help protect whole worlds. It would be a hard decision which could be the central focus of the film.

Here's another option... Keep Atlantis on Earth or the far side of the moon. Have Sheppard lead a team back to Pegasus in search of another city rumored to have survived the Wraith? If one can be found (The Tower), why not another? To me, the quest for another lost city would be far more interesting!
                I like this idea far better. Maybe you should pitch it! haha

Originally posted by blazingfire View Post
                I wonder what they'll do in terms of air supply. Maybe they'll go the Unending route with an Asgard matter replicator?
                To touch on what has already been said, since the city is a ship it has life support systems that would help out. Leaving it at that since this has been discussed in depth already.

The ZPM plugs into the platform the chair sits upon which is presumably tied into the whole outpost. I always thought it was utterly stupid that the chair was moved to begin with. It's a computer interface. How's it going to interface if it's not plugged into the outpost?
                I'm totally agreeing with you on this. Supposedly the whole thing in interconnected so did they manage to hook up some kind of wifi to the chair/outpost to get it to work? Moving it never made any sense and was a total waste. (as a side note, I'm wondering how much of the outpost survived. I would like to think more than just the chair room. Judging by the size when Atlantis left, there's GOTTA be more to it than what we saw from "Lost City" and "Rising")

Comment

To me, it would have been more interesting to have a second battle over Antarctica, only this time the outpost gets destroyed before Sheppard could get there. Don't you think people would have noticed alien ships whizzing around over Nevada in broad daylight? The destruction of the Antarctic outpost would give the arrival of Atlantis a greater emotional punch.

Comment

While not the greatest idea to get Atlantis back to Pegasus, I would have given it a shot. Better than nothing IMO.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh
                      Go Preds Go

Comment

I wouldn't mind this story if it's only a small part of the overall film.
                        The Self-Destruct causes them to go back to the Pegasus galaxy and the Atlantis team then has to deal with a grander problem, now that I wouldn't mind, if it's just the Self Destruct thing then that's a pretty poor plot IMO.

With regards to the power problem, no one knows how much power the wormhole drive actually used.
                        All we had about how much energy it used was an ambiguous statement of lots of power.
                        Maybe all that means is it's not feasable to use the wormhole drive for regular daily use like you can with Hyperdrive.
                        For some reason many gateworld members act like they know it's used up almost all of 3 ZPMs worth of power, when we don't know that.
                        All we know is the drive used a lot of power, which could mean anything from 1% of one ZPM (still alot compared to what Earth can generate without a single ZPM) to any other amount of the total ZPMs the city has.
                        If everyone recalls Humans from Earth couldn't even raise the city's shields without a ZPM when they first found the city, so any amount of power from a single ZPM that goes beyond what Earth's capable of generating would be considered a lot of power.
                        If ZPMs weren't a throw away piece of power generating tech for the Ancients then perhaps the use of Wormhole drives just weren't a feasable constant propulsion device for the Ancients.

Comment

Replace self destruct (cause it's not in Pegasus, lolz!!11!!1) with a call for help. There, I just fixed the script.

Comment

The city originally rested on land in Antarctica where the ancient outpost was found. A near identical city was found on land in "The Tower." In Season 4's "Lifeline," Sheppard and McKay talked about landing the city on water. McKay didn't want to risk structural damage if they didn't touch down on land just right. Given how hard the city landed in the episode, good call.
                            Both were most likely prepped ahead of time for it to land there.

Comment

Speculation.

Comment

If this was the Extinction plot it wouldn't bother me. I kinda like it....I don't mind plot devices. But a explanation as to WHY Atlantis isn't supposed to leave Pegasus would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X