No announcement yet.

SGA Season 4 DVD set: News, articles, reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just put ten dollars down on Atlantis Season 4 DVD set. I am looking forward to watching it. It is scheduled to come out on July 8. I am going to Shore Leave 30 July 11-13. I am taking my portable dvd player and the set along to watch thrusday night since the con doesn't start untill friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
      Not as bad.....though Carter's head looks like it's been photoshopped onto her body.....again. Not sure on the colour scheme yet either.

I do not understand why both Atlantis and Continuum are coming out in the same month. Doesn't MGM realize that some fans are going to have to choose between the two? Especially if they're going to price the movie at $23 on its own.
      That is a good point. But if you don't mind buying stuff online, Amazon does have Continuum for $16.99 and season 4 for $31.99 so together it comes to just under a hair below $50. So it's like buying a video game?
      sigpic
      Stargate Fanpage on Facebook----------------------------------- Stargate Launcher on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by SGAsuperfan View Post
        That is a good point. But if you don't mind buying stuff online, Amazon does have Continuum for $16.99 and season 4 for $31.99 so together it comes to just under a hair below $50. So it's like buying a video game?
        Releasing season 4 right before season 5 airs is smart marketing. CONTINUUM may have just been slotted in for summer sales.

Comment

Originally posted by SGAsuperfan View Post
          Yeah, I don't buy online. And US prices.....In Canadian dollars they're not going to sell Continuum for below $20(it'll probably be in the $22 range- though I've got the $5 off coupon)- and Atlantis never sells for less than $44. So we're looking at over $70 once taxes are factored in. I won't have that kind of money in July unless I skip out on going to all the movies I want to see, so unless a money tree suddenly sprouts it'll be Continuum for me and I'll hope that Costco brings Atlantis in for $25 some time next year. Now if they had split the releases, say, one at the beginning of July, the other the end of August, or if Canadian prices were more in tune with the US prices, I might have gone for that. But if I don't buy it on the release date, I'll feel guilty paying full price at a later time and I won't buy it at all until it goes on sale which will probably be a year from now.....funny how that works.

Ah well, I only paid full price for previous seasons because that was the only way I could watch the series, at least I've already seen this season.

Comment

http://www.sohood.com/1/content/view/4276/66/

Monday, 12 May 2008

Explore the limits of an uncharted galaxy when “Stargate: Atlantis” Season Four plunges onto DVD July 8, 2008 from MGM Home Entertainment. Created from the legacy of “Stargate SG-1”, the longest-running, scripted, made-for television science fiction series in U.S. broadcasting history, “Stargate: Atlantis” recently received the 2008 People’s Choice Award for Best Sci-Fi Television Series. In Season Four, SG-1’s Award-Winning star Amanda Tapping crosses over as the new leader, joining the Atlantis cast as television’s favorite astrophysicist Commander Samantha Carter, along with the return of Jewel Staite (“Firefly,” “Serenity”) reprising her role of Dr. Keller, a physician who joins the Atlantis expedition.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sta...s-Release/9523

has now added the official press release for the DVD!
              I don't like the cover shot. I would have prefered the cast shot that sci fi has a wallpaper as the cover. I am getting it at my local suncoast video store because I have a discount card. 10% off of the price is a great deal when you preorder and get a lower price. I can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                SGA - GateWorld: Pre-order Stargate Atlantis Season Four!

From GateWorld:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../bonhoeffscell

(If you order from this link you also support GateWorld.)

I wish I had known this before I already pre-ordered from amazon!
                If you are a sci-fi fan in general and/or are going to Dragon*Con 08, add me to LJ!

Livejournal: GenniferGrievous

Comment

Originally posted by GenniferGrievous View Post
                  I wish I had known this before I already pre-ordered from amazon!
                  people pre-order where they feel most comfortable. Places to pick it up at a good deal are

amazon
                  best buy
                  circuit city
                  deepdiscount
                  walmart

Search around and you can get very good deals for your wallet

Comment

Just thought I'd let folks know that I received my season 4 dvd disc one today, and despite the fact that is says on the cover and menu that David Hewlett does commentaries on Adrift and Lifeline, he doesn't. Just thought I'd let people know.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                      Just thought I'd let folks know that I received my season 4 dvd disc one today, and despite the fact that is says on the cover and menu that David Hewlett does commentaries on Adrift and Lifeline, he doesn't. Just thought I'd let people know.
                      That's the UK version, right? Or an advance US? Well, that sucks, whichever version.

Comment

That's the UK version, right? Or an advance US? Well, that sucks, whichever version.
                        That's the single UK disc volume 1, with the first four episodes on it. I can't believe it says DH is commenting when he isn't! Oh well...
                        sigpic

Comment

That's the single UK disc volume 1, with the first four episodes on it. I can't believe it says DH is commenting when he isn't! Oh well...
                          Ah, well ,maybe you should complain. It's false advertising, really...

Comment

Ah, well ,maybe you should complain. It's false advertising, really...
                            It is! I will.
                            sigpic

Comment

May I ask who does do the commentary then or is there no commentary?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                                May I ask who does do the commentary then or is there no commentary?
                                Sure!

For Adrift it's Martins Wood and Gero
                                Lifeline - Martin Wood and Amanda Tapping
                                Reunion - Joe Mallozzi and Will Waring
                                Doppelganger - Robert C Cooper and Mark Savela.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X