This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wiseowl777 View Post
    should been a retired general hammond...
    or O'Neill
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove View Post
      Ditto. Especially about watching S5.

I'm not sure how to feel about Woolsey, all I know is that I don't really like him. Personally I feel like SGA is a big mess. It's worse than Desperate Housewives
      Ah, no no no... I haven't even watched DH but my gawd, the ads are awful. SGA would have to slide down a greased slide of glass to achieve that level of wretchedness...

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post

IF the writers don't fall back on buffoonish behavior, and actually give the guy a backbone of some sort, it could work. The city does need a civilian leader as the military leader is well, boring. Carter and Sheppard never really have disagreed over anything that I can recall. So, if the writers evolve Woolsey into someone in a tough job, who may actually have no friends to speak of on the city, it could prove interesting.

Exactly. This opens the door to the type of conflict that we saw in Hot Zone. We already know that Shep doesn't like Woolsey in Misbegotten. The writers just need to tweak the character a bit. If TPTB tone down the whining we saw in Return and Scourge and develop even just a small bit of fortitude; this could be a good move.

Comment

Originally posted by gange57 View Post
          Exactly. This opens the door to the type of conflict that we saw in Hot Zone. We already know that Shep doesn't like Woolsey in Misbegotten. The writers just need to tweak the character a bit. If TPTB tone down the whining we saw in Return and Scourge and develop even just a small bit of fortitude; this could be a good move.
          Lot of cavaets there.. If... could.... trouble is the writers need to rise to the occasion and not cave into the temptation to do to Woolsey with what they did to Dr. Lee - turn him into comic relief.

Comment

Ah, no no no... I haven't even watched DH but my gawd, the ads are awful. SGA would have to slide down a greased slide of glass to achieve that level of wretchedness...
            That was a hyperbole because we all know how... desperate DH is.

Comment

next season is going to be very interesting. robert picardo is a great actor and a nice person if you get to meet him in person. their going back to the non military commander of atlantis and the first time its led by a male.

i've gotten used to the fact that every seaon there is a cast change of some sort.

i haven't given up on star trek and i'm not willing to give up on stargate. all shows have their ups and downs. but thats no reason to start freaking out about something as petty as a cast change. being fans of atlantis people should be used to the fact that every season there is a cast change of some sort. their killed off, disappear or what have you.

i'm going to watch atlantis to see how things work out then i'll make my decision on the whole leadership change and what have. that and i can't wait to see how many episodes daniel will be in.

with the 100th episode being a part of season five i look forward to what they might do with atlantis. i enjoyed sg-1's 100th and i hope i can do the same with atlantis.
              sigpic

Request signatures/wallpaper here.
              check out everything i've made so far

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                Yeah, won't it be funny if Woolsey gets more lines and screentime than Weir or Carter? It would certainly indicate something...
                They don't have any female writers on the show, do they? I can't say it surprises me that a bunch of geeky nerds working on a SCIFI SHOW don't know the first thing about women. Listening to their DVD commentaries, I'm amazed; how did any of these guys ever manage to get married? I'm flabbergasted that anyone so clueless could ever hook up.

Comment

Wow.....this one's a shocker, my reaction was "huh?"

But the more I think about it, the more I like it- always been a fan of Woolsey, and he would be very different leader from both Carter and Weir, it would shake things up a bit, which is good. And the thing I've always loved about Woolsey is his ability to redeem himself every time- he screws up and he admits it (and learns from it), which I've always liked about him. Once he gets over his initial fears he's be a good leader.

And as mentioned, the look on Sheppard's face is going to be priceless.

Hoping that Jewel is in fact a regular (she's done such a lovely job she certainly has earned the spot), and I'm thrilled to hear that Carson will be back for five eps. Definitely a solid cast for the season here.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                    Wow.....this one's a shocker, my reaction was "huh?"

But the more I think about it, the more I like it- always been a fan of Woolsey, and he would be very different leader from both Carter and Weir, it would shake things up a bit, which is good. And the thing I've always loved about Woolsey is his ability to redeem himself every time- he screws up and he admits it (and learns from it), which I've always liked about him. Once he gets over his initial fears he's be a good leader.

And as mentioned, the look on Sheppard's face is going to be priceless.

Hoping that Jewel is in fact a regular (she's done such a lovely job she certainly has earned the spot), and I'm thrilled to hear that Carson will be back for five eps. Definitely a solid cast for the season here.
                    the whole cast not just him
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
                      They don't have any female writers on the show, do they? I can't say it surprises me that a bunch of geeky nerds working on a SCIFI SHOW don't know the first thing about women. Listening to their DVD commentaries, I'm amazed; how did any of these guys ever manage to get married? I'm flabbergasted that anyone so clueless could ever hook up.
                      That is a very sad fact. Though Martin Gero writes women very well, but then he just writes everyone well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        the whole cast not just him
                        But especially him.

Comment

Lot of cavaets there.. If... could.... trouble is the writers need to rise to the occasion and not cave into the temptation to do to Woolsey with what they did to Dr. Lee - turn him into comic relief.
                          True. Woolsey is a character that shifts from serious to comic relief depending on the episode. "Comic relief" and "leader" simply won't work together. I've been happy with the way the writers tweaked McKay and Vala before they became regular characters. I think it can be done again.

Comment

Worst. Decision. Ever.

Comment

This anoucment has me nervous. Not a fan of Woolsey. Just hope it works!

What I don't understand why almost every year they have big cast changes? They hardly did that with SG-1.
                              Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                              The Strongest Will Survive!
                              I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Originally posted by Rellogg View Post
                                Worst. Decision. Ever.
                                worse then canceling sg1
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X