This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gange57 View Post
    I would have preferred Caldwell, but this a good move. I just hope Woolsey is given a backbone this season and there is some conflict between him and The Team, which is sorely lacking in S4.
    Yeah I agree, because he is not military it could be interesting. I do hope we see some of that conflict. I have always enjoyed Woosley as a guest star. Loved him in "The Return". I think he will be better than Carter actually.

As per Carson, I was hoping for a little more.
    sigpic

Comment

hmm still in somewhat shock but the potential for conflict is there plus it does give them a great way to let Carter exit without any bad reprecussions. The IOA simply decided to put one their members in charge of Atlantis and not the military. It could also make sense since originally the plot was Sam took over for Weir temporarily. Given what happened during Seer the IOA could have decided that it didn't want a military commander who wouldn't be their lap dog so to speak so they are replacing Carter with someone who will. It will be interesting to see if Woolsey remains that way, or decides to do what's best for Atlantis regardless of the IOA. PG-15 had it right. Joe M in disguise? The evidence mounts.
      sigpic
      Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

Lame. Caldwell was far the better choice. I have zero interest in watching Woolsey try to act like a leader while the team roll their eyes at his antics.

Way to go PTB, I'm even less inclined to watch next season.

Comment

I can't believe this. I wish I didn't find that out. The one good thing about Atlantis and the IOA is that since Atlantis is so far away, they don't have to put up with most of it's crap like the SGC had to.

Vala,

Comment

Heh, I like that - he has lots of personality, and if you stop for a moment and not just cosider him a jerk, you can see that the character has a lot of growup responsiblities that need to be taken care off.

And he's not a women, they don't know how to write for women *g*

Comment

"Atlantis is better off having a military commander, Weir was a civilian, she couldn't make it work, "blablabla.. well turns out they're back to having a civilian in the person of Woolsey leading the expedition. I wonder what happens at the end of season 4. Weir was a good leader, too bad she's been repliforded, gives her a great arc though but less screentime sucks for Torri's fans.

Do we have to consider Carter was given temporary military command of Altantis in the wait of a new civilian leader? Which would mean, Atlantis was still a civilian expedition even though leaded by a military officer? Talking about it being confusing!

I wish it could have been Caldwell somehow. Oh anyway, welcome Woolsey! He's funny and Robert is a fine actor.
              Last edited by Blower'sGate; 05 February 2008, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                Check out the full story on GateWorld!

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...lantisi_.shtml
                I have to say that this is awesome i think robert is a great actor and i like Woolsey and I'm sure he'll be a great addition to the show also I'm kinda confused by this part of the article
                The team, led by Lt. Colonel Sheppard (Joe Flanigan), Dr. Rodney McKay (David Hewlett), Teyla (Rachel Luttrell), Ronon (Jason Momoa) and Dr. Jennifer Keller (Jewel Staite)
                Does this mean Jewel is going to be a regular too?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDuh View Post
                  And he's not a women, they don't know how to write for women *g*
                  Yeah, won't it be funny if Woolsey gets more lines and screentime than Weir or Carter? It would certainly indicate something...

Comment

I'm glad that Woolsey is going to be the new commander(he was the one I was hoping for). Richard Picardo is an amazing actor and Woolsey is such an interesting character, I am certain that this will be a wonderful turn of events for the show. I'm sure that Woolsey's unique style of command and overall personally is going to make for some interesting character conflicts and interaction. I am more excited then ever to see the 5th season, which I didn't think was possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
                      Atlantis is better off having a military commander
                      but I'm still looking forward to Woolsey and s5
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                        but I'm still looking forward to Woolsey and s5
                        That was me quoting TPTB, sorry. I don't mind Atlantis being militarized what I mind is that I used to love Elizabeth as a civilian leader. I just think it's a bit too funny that they moved on from a civilian leader to a military leader and now back to civilian. My question was, why did they not keep Weir in the first place? But then again, the reasons behind why have nothing to do with the show's storyline me thinks.

Sorry you got it wrong, I wasn't being clear enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                          oh it's not that I don't like Woolsey, I just thought it was a joke but apparently it's not
                          TPTB may have just shot themselves in the foot for the last time! They were more than willing to have At command Atlantis while she was making movies for them. Now, she has to choose between 'her own show' and her old show where she has been wallpaper/background for the last 3 years! I am ashamed of ever having been a fan of Stargate. They can kiss my a--!

Comment

thanks Darren

i hope jason is in all 20 episodes in season 5
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Wow. Honestly, I'm going to wait and see how they play it but my gut reaction is "Woolsey?!!!!".

Though the character has made some great strides towards becoming an actual human being over the last few seasons and though I do quite like Bob Picardo as an actor, Woolsey isn't a character that I particularly enjoy. He's funny in the occasional one-off episode as the guy who cowers in times of danger and provides the wrong solutions to situations for the team to subsequently shoot down but as leader of Atlantis?

Sure, the situation is rife with the possibility for comedic conflict and to see Woolsey strugging to adjust but I don't know if that's something that I particularly want to see. Still, perhaps I'm jumping the gun and they'll actually make him a credible leader and not just a joke of a figurehead. Perhaps being put in to a position of such immense responsibility, put in to the field as it were, will give him the kind of insight that will allow him to loosen up and remove the bureaucratic stick from up him bum.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Kribby View Post
                                I second that eek.

I am not too fond of the his character--
                                I am so furious with the audosity of these creeps (whoever made this decision) that I went back to Amazon.com and cancelled my copy of "The Ark of Truth."! I'll be spending a whole lot less money on Stargate fandom from this day forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X