Alex Levine's SciFi Blog - Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's more:

And that’s it for me, at least until the new season of Atlantis starts up – currently scheduled to air in October. Keep the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      What's more:
      And that’s it for me, at least until the new season of Atlantis starts up – currently scheduled to air in October. Keep the faith!
      Actually it's September now. according to that promo that aired after the finale.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
        Actually it's September now. according to that promo that aired after the finale.
        Oh, DEFINITELY September. Got screencaped pictures _ http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/69767.html _ to prove it (spoilers at that link by the way)

Comment

From Alex Levine's (SGA script continuity) blog at the SciFi Channel:

http://blog.scifi.com/stargate/archi...here_were.html

(Please follow the link for the complete blog update.)

September 27, 2007

Now, where were we?

Oh yes, I remember. Stargate SG-1 aired its episodic finale, and on Stargate Atlantis you were left high and dry wondering about the fate of our fearless intergalactic explorers after a death-defying escape from the formidable power of the Replicators. Sorry, had to jog my addled memory, as so much time has passed since I last spilled the beans to you about our goings on here in Burnaby, BC. Well, rest assured, the Stargate machine keeps churning, and as long as you keep watching, it will continue to do so.

**snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Bringing up for season 4.

An entry has been made for September 27th 2007 for ADRIFT.

Visit http://blog.scifi.com/stargate/ for details.

Comment

Just bringing up for LIFELINE tomorrow

Comment

Stargate Atlantis - Alex Levine's SciFi Channel blog update Oct. 4th:

From Alex Levine's SciFi Channel blog:

http://blog.scifi.com/stargate/

STARGATE ATLANTIS BLOG

October 05, 2007

Office Politics and Lifeline...

I walked into Carl Binder’s office to talk to him about tomorrow night’s episode, “Lifeline”, but was immediately sidetracked when I noticed was that he was wearing a really cool new Stargate Atlantis fleece jacket. Waves of envy washed over me. But I can’t go running around demanding things. I mean… Carl’s a Co-Executive Producer of the show, for goodness sake, and I’m just the script coordinator. So I played it cool and just said, “Nice jacket, Carl. Where’d that come from?” Well he gave me that superior look of his and explained in his usual deadpan delivery: “Set Dec made them up for the people they like.” Ha ha. Good one Carl. See – he was trying to make me feel bad. It’s really just seniority. The producers get them, and us plebes don’t.

**snippage**

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

October 05, 2007

excerpt:

.....Now, onto tomorrow night’s episode “Lifeline.” This was the first episode Carl wrote in Season 4, and it came out of a general idea he had in the off-season that he wanted to do a ‘heist’ episode. But of course, the writers had no idea where it would fit in the overall season arc. It was just a vague idea. But as soon as they broke “Adrift,” they realized that the heist story flowed quite naturally out of that, so it became the second episode.Here’s another little known fact. Even though Martin Wood is credited as the director of the episode, Andy Mikita actually directed much of this episode because Martin Wood was busy with one of the Stargate SG-1 DVD movies. And he did a great job. So if it feels a little more Mikita than Wood, well… now you know why.

Lastly, Carl wanted me to say how thrilled he is with the performances of Torri Higginson and Joe Flanigan, especially Torri. As this episode is sort of a send-off episode for Weir, Torri’s performance was all the more meaningful, and difficult. I know Carl, and this compliment wasn’t mere puffery.Enjoy!

FULL BLOG AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

SGA - Alex Levine's SciFi Channel Blog Update Oct. 12:

From Alex Levine's SciFi Channel Stargate Atlantis blog update for October 12, 2007:

http://blog.scifi.com/stargate/archi..._golf_and.html

October 12, 2007

Vegas, Golf and Reunion

**snippage**

But Joe did tell me some cool stuff about tomorrow night's episode "Reunion" that I can share with you. He told me that the first half of the Atlantis season contains episodes that key on specific characters, and this one is really about Ronon, as he runs into some old Satedan comrades-in-arms. He's torn, because they're out there battling the Wraith their own way, and he feels like he should be loyal to them and perhaps leave Atlantis. Well when the first script came out, one of the notes was that the beginning of the script was too much character stuff as the action doesn't start up right away. But Joe stuck to his guns, and I think rightly so.

**snippage**

Posted by Alex Levine at October 12, 2007 02:22 AM

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

October 18th update

excerpt:

Doppelganger was actually the first episode shot this year, even though it’ll be the fourth episode aired. That posed some interesting problems, according to Rob. For example, Carter is settled and in charge of Atlantis now, but Rob and the actors had to sort of guess at how the relationships between her and the other team members would have evolved by this point in time. I think they had some scripts to read, but not all. And even so, things can change from the page to the screen. They also had to think of practical concerns. For example, what’s her office look like now? That sort of thing. So that was a challenge.As for the story idea – it’s horror based. Here’s a window into Rob Cooper. When he was a little boy (maybe too little?), his Dad took him to see JAWS, and it had a big effect on him. He was lying there in bed that night, probably scared out of his wits, and thought to himself that some day he wanted to control the power that gripped him the way JAWS did. So that’s why he decided to become a filmmaker. And now he’s turned that power on you people in Doppelganger, a story about nightmares and people’s fear of dreams.

*READ REST OF ARTICLE AT LINK ABOVE*

Comment

SGA - Alex Levine's SciFi Channel Blog Update Oct. 25

From Alex Levine's SciFi Channel blog update for October 25, 2007:

October 25, 2007

Season Five?

Tomorrow night, you'll see one of my favourite SGA episodes of the season entitled "Travelers". This episode guest stars Jill Wagner, who you might know from Blade: The Series, or Punked!. She plays Larrin, the commander of a group of Travelers who capture Sheppard for nefarious reasons. As it turns out, Jill Wagner and Jason Momoa are good friends who met in LA. And I had the good fortune, along with Ivon Bartok, of running into them and sharing some drinks last year here in Vancouver, long before Jill was cast for this part. I can tell you that she is a classy woman and a serious beauty.

**snippage**

Enjoy the episode. I did!

ATL

Posted by Alex Levine at 07:50 PM

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Alex Levine's SciFi Channel Blog Update Nov. 1:

From Alex Levine's SciFi Channel blog update for November 1, 2007:

STARGATE ATLANTIS BLOS

November 02, 2007

Strikes and kernels…

**snippage**

Take this week’s episode, Tabula Rasa. It started with an idea of McKay in a room, tied to a chair, with no memory of who he is or how he came to be there. Talk about a riveting teaser! No, don’t worry – I’m not going to spoil it for you. But the tease was why they made that story.

It’s also a cutting edge visual story. As you will see, the story isn’t told chronologically. It takes place in flashbacks and in the present, and it cuts back and forth quite regularly. So they decided to “treat” the cinematic look of the present day story line to differentiate it. You’ll find it’s quite “pushed”, meaning desaturated and high contrast. I love that look personally. I think you will too. Jim Menard, the DOP, did a terrific job (it was actually done in camera, not as a post-effect).

**snippage**

Enjoy!

ATL

Posted by Alex Levine at 01:49 AM

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Ha! He mentioned the Stephen Colbert Presidential thing!

As some of you will know by my sig, I fully support him despite the fact that I'm Canadian. It's good to know the info is spreading.

Comment

November 8th

excerpt re MISSING

Carl said the genesis of the story was that he wanted to take some of our characters and isolate them from their technology, so it’s basically a survivor scenario. They are without weaponry and tech, and must face off against a tribe of primitive warrior types. Yes, that’s right, a NEW VILLAIN, the Bola Kai, are introduced in this episode and they’re pretty cool (look for the lollipop shot, you’ll know what I mean when you see it).

Carl also wanted to do a Teyla episode, but not like the Teyla episodes we’ve seen in the past. You see, in the past, we’ve seen Teyla in stories dealing with her mental powers, battling it out with Wraith queens. We’ve seen her kick ass in fight sequences, but we never really focus on it. Well, this time, says Carl, he wanted to push Teyla into the dark side, where she is forced to use all of her skill and power as a warrior, and make harsh moral choices along the way. So you’ll see some really great fight sequences in this one.

And, further to the ongoing discussion about the WGA strike, our Carl [Binder] will be “missing” from the story department until the WGA strike is resolved. He’s WGA and resides in California (although he is a Canadian citizen), so he’ll be manning the picket lines. So be sure to give Carl a honk if you’re driving by and you see the signs.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Ah, JoeM lied. It will affect SGA. How sad. Can't wait to see Missing tomorrow.
                                Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                                encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                                3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                                4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                                X