Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Atlantis SYNDICATED ratings (all countries)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    Morjana, do you know which that ep is? And did I hear right that they keep switching times and it's being shown at 3AM?
    People can bash the ratings all they want. They have no clue what is good or bad.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
      Well if my calculations are correct, Progeny?
      I think you might be right there, Linz, I just checked the ep threads and there aren't any syndication ratings for Progeny.

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      People can bash the ratings all they want. They have no clue what is good or bad.
      *hugs* You having a bad day, hon? Am i right in assuming that the demographics are just as important as the figures... or am I way off base? I'm one of those that has no clue.

Comment

I think you might be right there, Linz, I just checked the ep threads and there aren't any syndication ratings for Progeny.

*hugs* You having a bad day, hon? Am i right in assuming that the demographics are just as important as the figures... or am I way off base? I'm one of those that has no clue.
        Nah, I am doing ok. It just goes back to the new season ratings of SGA. I don't know what is good or bad neither does anyone else except for the networks. I think Syndication is different, since they are well basically reruns. So a 0.6 or 0.7 might still be profitable to the networks. If you look at that list, no one is exactly ripping apart the competition.
        sigpic

Comment

Nah, I am doing ok. It just goes back to the new season ratings of SGA. I don't know what is good or bad neither does anyone else except for the networks. I think Syndication is different, since they are well basically reruns. So a 0.6 or 0.7 might still be profitable to the networks. If you look at that list, no one is exactly ripping apart the competition.
          You just sounded as if you'd lost your best friend. I'll be honest I have no clue either. I keep comparing the ratings to what they were last year, and with the figures that low I do get concerned even though I know we have a S5. I guess if everyone has figures similar then something else must be going on. What I don't get if i've heard correctly is that it's being shown in the early hours of the morning and they keep switching times. When that happens it's no wonder the figures are low. I'd keep forgetting when SGA was on if Sky kept doing that, and i'd probably keep missing the eps to. If that's what's been happening. *shrugs*

Comment

You just sounded as if you'd lost your best friend. I'll be honest I have no clue either. I keep comparing the ratings to what they were last year, and with the figures that low I do get concerned even though I know we have a S5. I guess if everyone has figures similar then something else must be going on. What I don't get if i've heard correctly is that it's being shown in the early hours of the morning and they keep switching times. When that happens it's no wonder the figures are low. I'd keep forgetting when SGA was on if Sky kept doing that, and i'd probably keep missing the eps to. If that's what's been happening. *shrugs*
            Meh, I only know that DVR is impacting ratings, but don't know what the network looks at. The numbers we see really don't mean too much, it's the numbers within the numbers, aka key demos. I also know that SGA has not really lost that many viewers, they have just been time-shifted. Still they need to get more "Live" viewers.

BTW, I'd green ya, but I need to spread the green around. *goes to green friends on GW* be back!
            sigpic

Comment

Meh, I only know that DVR is impacting ratings, but don't know what the network looks at. The numbers we see really don't mean too much, it's the numbers within the numbers, aka key demos. I also know that SGA has not really lost that many viewers, they have just been time-shifted. Still they need to get more "Live" viewers.

BTW, I'd green ya, but I need to spread the green around. *goes to green friends on GW* be back!
              Greened! Oh my goodness, I must be talking sense. This can't be good! I'm obviously overtired and talking normal.... that must mean it's bed time. I wonder which demographics are doing well. If I understand correctly (although I very much doubt it) The key demographics are what's used to set the costs of how much the advertisers pay aren't they? Or not So, if they're doing well and the target audience is whom they're aiming at, and they're the ones watching then that must be a good thing? Right? Oh dear *I hope i've not just made a tit of myself and have got that all wrong* If I have I could always blame it on the fact that it's past my bedtime

*hugs Brian*

Comment

Thanks! Have a great night!
                sigpic

Comment

Morjana, do you know which that ep is? And did I hear right that they keep switching times and it's being shown at 3AM?
                  That would have been the SG1 episode "Uninvited" and the SGA episode "Progeny."

In my neck of the wood, Sacramento CA, the syndicated episodes air on Sunday afternoon, beginning at 2pm.

Air times vary from market to market in the US, depending on the ratings for each market area.

However, we USED to also get a second showing of the previous week's syndicated episodes early Monday morning. They stopped this season.

AND, on the weekend before Halloween, we didn't get the SGA episode at all, as SGA's time slot was taken for a marathon of Simpson's Halloween episodes.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                    That would have been the SG1 episode "Uninvited" and the SGA episode "Progeny."

In my neck of the wood, Sacramento CA, the syndicated episodes air on Sunday afternoon, beginning at 2pm.

Air times vary from market to market in the US, depending on the ratings for each market area.

However, we USED to also get a second showing of the previous week's syndicated episodes early Monday morning. They stopped this season.

AND, on the weekend before Halloween, we didn't get the SGA episode at all, as SGA's time slot was taken for a marathon of Simpson's Halloween episodes.

Morjana
                    I think this upcoming week, SGA is finally back on at the 4pm slot on my local station. So we are not comparing apples to apples from last season.
                    sigpic

Comment

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/

Top Ten SF&F Syndicated Shows

Stargate SG-1-------------1.0 - "200"
                      Star Trek------------------1.0
                      Dead Zone-----------------0.8
                      Stargate Atlantis-----------0.7 - "The Real World"
                      Regenesis------------------0.3

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 10/22/07 - 10/28/07. Fewer than 10 listings appear because fewer than 10 different SF&F series aired in syndication this week.

<><><><>

NOTE: This was Halloween weekend. In my neck of the woods (N. CA), SGA was pre-empted for a Simpsons' "Tree House of Horror" marathon.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php

Star Trek-------------------1.1
                        Stargate SG-1--------------0.9
                        Dead Zone-----------------0.8
                        Stargate Atlantis-----------0.7

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 11/5/07 - 11/11/07. Fewer than 10 listings appear because fewer than 10 different SF&F series aired in syndication this week.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

From SciFi Wire:

Stargate SG-1------------1.0
                          Star Trek-----------------1.0
                          Dead Zone----------------0.7
                          Stargate Atlantis----------0.7

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 11/12/07 - 11/18/07. Fewer than 10 listings appear because fewer than 10 different SF&F series aired in syndication this week.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

From SciFi Wire:

Star Trek--------------------1.1
                            Stargate SG-1---------------1.0
                            Dead Zone-------------------0.9
                            Stargate Atlantis-------------0.7

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 11/19/07 - 11/25/07. Fewer than 10 listings appear because fewer than 10 different SF&F series aired in syndication this week.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1/SGA - SciFi Wire: Syndicated Ratings:

From SciFi Wire:

Stargate SG-1----------------1.0
                              Star Trek---------------------0.9
                              Dead Zone--------------------0.8
                              Stargate Atlantis--------------0.6

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 11/26/07 - 12/2/07. Fewer than 10 listings appear because fewer than 10 different SF&F series aired in syndication this week.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1/SGA - SciFi Wire: Syndicated Ratings:

From SciFi Wire:

Top Ten SF&F Syndicated Ratings

Stargate SG-1--------------1.0
                                Star Trek-------------------1.0
                                Dead Zone------------------0.8
                                Stargate Atlantis------------0.8

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 12/3/07 - 12/9/07. Fewer than 10 listings appear because fewer than 10 different SF&F series aired in syndication this week.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X