Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Atlantis SYNDICATED ratings (all countries)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/art...=Breaking+News

Paramount Domestic Television's digital remastering of the original Star Trek led the pack, according to the latest Nielsen weekly ratings report for the week ending Oct. 8 [2006]. Paramount returned the series to the syndication rotation after giving it a digital facelift to make it more viewer-friendly to a generation weaned on computer graphics.

Trek's 1.2 topped Stargate: Atlantis at a 1.1; Stargate SG-1 with a 1.0; and Outer Limits at a .4. It also beat the off-Si Fi Channel Farscape at a .8, though that show is classified as a general drama rather than sci-fi.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      http://www.broadcastingcable.com/art...=Breaking+News

Paramount Domestic Television's digital remastering of the original Star Trek led the pack, according to the latest Nielsen weekly ratings report for the week ending Oct. 8 [2006]. Paramount returned the series to the syndication rotation after giving it a digital facelift to make it more viewer-friendly to a generation weaned on computer graphics.

I think I need to pray that TOS DVD box sets come on sale real cheap before these... THINGS... of remastering turn into DVD box sets and are the only things left. How in the world is better SFX suppose to look good next to the other cheesy stuff in the show? I guess I'll find out for myself eventually. Though I don't know why they'd mess with Perfection.
      Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
        I think I need to pray that TOS DVD box sets come on sale real cheap before these... THINGS... of remastering turn into DVD box sets and are the only things left. How in the world is better SFX suppose to look good next to the other cheesy stuff in the show? I guess I'll find out for myself eventually. Though I don't know why they'd mess with Perfection.
        because, unfortunately, there is a segment of viewers for whom spx are the only reason they watch shows. they like hte fact that Lucas messed with the original Star Wars films and put in more spx. Never mind it was the stories and characters that draw in viewers as well. I've seen some photos of the changes and well, blech. Sorry, it's going to be a mess of new CGI crud with the 'cheesy' stuff and in looking up this new and improved (snort) show, well, 3 a.m.? Guess I won't be bothering with it.

Comment

because, unfortunately, there is a segment of viewers for whom spx are the only reason they watch shows. they like hte fact that Lucas messed with the original Star Wars films and put in more spx. Never mind it was the stories and characters that draw in viewers as well. I've seen some photos of the changes and well, blech. Sorry, it's going to be a mess of new CGI crud with the 'cheesy' stuff and in looking up this new and improved (snort) show, well, 3 a.m.? Guess I won't be bothering with it.
          Messing with Star Wars is a big No-No in our house. Hubby's a hugh fan and has the real ones on tape. Though our son is kind of wearing them down now! May have to get theDVD sets of the original for Christmas.
          3am? Okay. Spend all that money and it gets a time slot of that? I can't even get it anyway because of my lovely basic cable.
          I like speical effects. I also like classic sci fi. And it shouldn't be messed with! I recently was able to get the real War of the Worlds. My son is only 6 and it scared the pants off of him! And it's even in GASP black and white.
          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I never bought these "remastered and improved" Star Wars films. I love the old, original versions too much to do that.
            T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

SYNDICATED RATINGS from scifi.com

1 Alias 1.8
              2 Smallville 1.6
              3 Star Trek 1.2
              4 Stargate Atlantis 1.1
              5 Stargate SG-1 1.1

6 The Outer Limits 0.7
              7 Farscape 0.6

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 4/16/07 - 4/22/07. Fewer than 10 listings appear because fewer than 10 different SF&F series aired in syndication this week.

Comment

So...the syndication ratings are the same as the original airing ratings?

That's...interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

That's...interesting.
                  Ahem...

Comment

That's...interesting.
                    that's what's on their site - http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/ - bottom right

Comment

Oh, I believe you, I just find it interesting.

Comment

Oh, I believe you, I just find it interesting.
                        You may already know this, but the episode airing in syndication in for SG-1 is from S9 and for SGA is S2. Around here, they show on Saturday afternoons usually before or after a sporting event (baseball currently). For the week listed in those ratings the ep was "Off the Grid" for SG-1 and "The Long Goodbye" for SGA.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Luciana
                        My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Oh my! I see Star Trek is still ahead of the 'Gates. Is it Enterprise or the remastered Original Series that's being aired?
                          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                            Oh my! I see Star Trek is still ahead of the 'Gates. Is it Enterprise or the remastered Original Series that's being aired?
                            It's probably remastered Trek, which I'm enjoying by the way.
                            sigpic

Comment

Top 10 SF syndicated shows
                              1. Alias 1.5
                              2. Smallville 1.5
                              3. Star Trek 1.2
                              4. Stargate Atlantis 1.0
                              5. Stargate SG-1 0.9
                              6. Farscape 0.6
                              7. The Outer Limits 0.4

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 6/4/07 - 6/10/07. Fewer than 10 listings appear because fewer than 10 different SF&F series aired in syndication this week

Comment

NOT syndicated, but just ratings

Stargate SG-1 finale 1.7
                                ECW 1.6
                                Stargate Atlantis 1.5
                                Ghost Hunters 1.4
                                Harpies 1.4
                                From Dusk Til Dawn 3 1.1
                                Star Trek Enterprise 1.1
                                Painkiller Jane 1.0
                                Waterworld 1.0
                                Destination Truth 0.9

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 6/18/07 -- 6/24/07

Comment

Working...
                                X