Repackaged DVDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    I have a friend who is a general manager at Best Buy. They were telling me the SG-1 and SGA DVDs are selling like hotcakes. Especially the new packaging.
    Sweet-o! I'm thinking about getting these sets regardless of the fact I already own them all! I really like the new designs. Well....I still need to get the old sets of Seasons 6-9 of SG1 first....I gotta have matching sets.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I've since upgraded my home defense system to include the Band of Brothers and Battlestar Galactica boxsets. My home is now unassailable

Comment

Apologies if this has been asked before (I didn't see it but I may have missed it), but I'm looking at these DVDs on Fox Connect.com and see French subtitles on the covers. For example, under the Stargate Atlantis title, it says "La Porte D'Atlantis." You can see that here: http://www.foxconnect.com/stargate-a...idescreen.html

Does anyone know anything about this? Does it end up coming with the French subtitle on the cover? Does this affect the DVDs in any way? I'd order them from Amazon but I already have the re-packaged DVD cover and the images on Amazon have the old style (unless they just never updated their image?).

Thanks!

Comment

I've been buying Stargate: Atlantis at $15 a set.

Originally posted by Brandon Rhea View Post
        Apologies if this has been asked before (I didn't see it but I may have missed it), but I'm looking at these DVDs on Fox Connect.com and see French subtitles on the covers. For example, under the Stargate Atlantis title, it says "La Porte D'Atlantis." You can see that here: http://www.foxconnect.com/stargate-a...idescreen.html

Does anyone know anything about this? Does it end up coming with the French subtitle on the cover? Does this affect the DVDs in any way? I'd order them from Amazon but I already have the re-packaged DVD cover and the images on Amazon have the old style (unless they just never updated their image?).

Thanks!
        It's probably a Canadian DVD. Don't a lot of people speak French up there?

Comment

Thanks!
          That's the Canadian cover, all newer DVDs have both the English and French title on them.

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
          Don't a lot of people speak French up there?
          Outside of Quebec, no.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

That's the Canadian cover, all newer DVDs have both the English and French title on them.
            Are you sure? I have a season 1 set with the re-packaged cover that doesn't have the French title on them. Is there a reason that they have the French title on them? Also, does it impact the DVD in any way?

Comment

Are you sure? I have a season 1 set with the re-packaged cover that doesn't have the French title on them.
              It kind of depends. Sometimes retailers will receive stock from a Canadian supplier, sometimes they'll receive stock from American suppliers. If the art was printed by a Canadian company, odds are it'll have French on it.

Is there a reason that they have the French title on them?
              Canada is an officially bilingual country. Virtually all packaging up here includes both English and French.

Also, does it impact the DVD in any way?
              It does not. In some cases you may find that the secondary, non-English audio track is French rather than the Spanish track you'd find on US pressings. But IIRC Stargate DVDs have always included both French and Spanish audio tracks as alternatives to the primary English track.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

OK great, thanks. I only have one more question that I hope you can help with. I ordered season 1 through Amazon. They have the old style DVD cover as their display image, for all 5 seasons for that matter, but they sent me the re-packaged DVD (which I was pleasantly surprised about since I have all of the re-packaged SG1 DVDs). Do you know if they'll send me the re-packaged DVDs if I order 2-5 from them?

Comment

I don't work for Amazon I haven't seen the old boxes in a while now, so I'd be surprised if they sent one of those. But you just never know what they'll have in stock.

Comment

I don't work for Amazon I haven't seen the old boxes in a while now, so I'd be surprised if they sent one of those. But you just never know what they'll have in stock.
                    I knew you didn't work for them, but you knew enough about my other questions so I took a shot.

Thanks for the answer, though. I'll take my chances.

Comment

Just wanted to give this a bump. All Stargate SG-1/Atlantis DVD season re-packs are currently $15 at Best Buy until the end of the month and they have the new packaging from Fox which are not sold on the Best Buy website. You will have to go to the stores to get them.

Comment

I much prefer the old design, I best buy complete my SGA DVDs by buying season 5 quick! I was gonna do it towards the end of S4 of my SGA re-watch, but I'll do it a season early and order it tonight.

Instead of making SG1 and SGA's logo like SGU they should do it the other way around;

Not an actual spoiler, just an image
                        Spoiler:
                        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                          Instead of making SG1 and SGA's logo like SGU they should do it the other way around;

Not an actual spoiler, just an image
                          Spoiler:
                          I like the one they went with more than this one in the spoiler

Comment

What can you tell me about the newly designed Stargate SG1 DVD's.
                            Looks like the older thinpak is no longer around on amazon or other sites. Ive found them on Ebay though.
                            Has anyone picked up the new packaging? Is there anything new or different? Is it just in a different case and different cover art? Special Features? If the cover art is different does that mean the dvd has different cover art or the dvd menu?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I have 1 more eppisode to watch in season 4 and I went to order season 5 and saw these new packing ones. I prefer the older cover art. I'll buy them at ebay if there are no extra stuff in the new repackeged ones. haha-- also if I buy the new ones I will have all 3 packaging on my shelf. 1st season is the original big set, 2 - 4 in the thinpak set and now maybe this newer set. I take my time at watching stargate.

Comment

I've been collecting SGA in this "new" packaging, but my local Walmart doesn't sell the show anymore. Can I buy Seasons 3 and 5 from Amazon with the new packaging? Old or new, I don't care, I just want consistency, thus I'm aiming for the new.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                                I've been collecting SGA in this "new" packaging, but my local Walmart doesn't sell the show anymore. Can I buy Seasons 3 and 5 from Amazon with the new packaging? Old or new, I don't care, I just want consistency, thus I'm aiming for the new.
                                Going on Amazon.com is your friend and quicker than asking us to do it

Comment

Working...
                                X