• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a "chase" figure?

Comment

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
      What is a "chase" figure?
      A chase figure usually means a limited figure that is included in a regular case. Usually it is either a repaint or variant of one of the regular figures. For example with the Stargate line, the regular cases contain three of each figure except the chase, which is packed only one per case.

This, of course, does not apply to the special cases being sold by New Force Comics and a couple of other retailers which has two of every figure. But regular retail cases are packed with three of each core figure and one chase.

It can also be called a short pack.

Comment

Originally posted by knightone View Post
        A chase figure usually means a limited figure that is included in a regular case. Usually it is either a repaint or variant of one of the regular figures. For example with the Stargate line, the regular cases contain three of each figure except the chase, which is packed only one per case.

This, of course, does not apply to the special cases being sold by New Force Comics and a couple of other retailers which has two of every figure. But regular retail cases are packed with three of each core figure and one chase.

It can also be called a short pack.
        Oooh! Okay! So it's like the General O'Neill figure was in wave 1 of SG-1?

Comment

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
          Oooh! Okay! So it's like the General O'Neill figure was in wave 1 of SG-1?
          Correct.

Comment

News Update Folks!

I was in Forbidden Planet Bristol on Friday, and flicked through the latest copy of the Stargate Magazine. According to info I remember reading, the Atlantis gate will be even more detailed than the SGC gate that comes with SG1. Apparently the gate will be detailed on both sides, and like the Earth gate, have four pieces, 2 with wave 1 figures (I assume Col Sheppard and Dr Weir) and the other two in wave 2. - The wraith comes with the base. (I am uncertain how this works, I was in a hurry, so it was not clear if the base is also in two bits or not, meaning two figures, like the Serpent guard and Thor for SG1.)
            Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
            Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
              Apparently the gate will be detailed on both sides, and like the Earth gate, have four pieces, 2 with wave 1 figures (I assume Col Sheppard and Dr Weir) and the other two in wave 2. - The wraith comes with the base. (I am uncertain how this works, I was in a hurry, so it was not clear if the base is also in two bits or not, meaning two figures, like the Serpent guard and Thor for SG1.)
              According to the DST description for the SG-A figures, the Atlantis gate comes in six pieces altogether, so I assume the base will be in two pieces (just like the SG-1 gate ramp).

Glad to hear the Atlantis gate will be decorated on both sides; this will make it better for displays.
              Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by Calhoun View Post
                According to the DST description for the SG-A figures, the Atlantis gate comes in six pieces altogether, so I assume the base will be in two pieces (just like the SG-1 gate ramp).

Glad to hear the Atlantis gate will be decorated on both sides; this will make it better for displays.
                Indeed, while it is too bad that we aren't getting a full Atlantis gate (maybe an offworld display) the gate does look nice.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater View Post
                  Indeed, while it is too bad that we aren't getting a full Atlantis gate (maybe an offworld display) the gate does look nice.
                  Gaah! Now I am totally confused. Help! The gate we saw at the Toyfair is in 4 pieces: 1/2 of gate with Shep, 1/2 gate with Weir, and the second wave with two pieces of the base/ramp. Now it is going to be a full gate (4 gate pieces) with 2 other ramp pieces? Are we sure? Pictures? I was just warming up to the idea of a perminanly attached gate to the floor too. Oh well, I will take anything I can get as long as they use the translucent blue that we saw in the fair. That was awesome! Anyway, maybe they are using the two piece gate we saw at the fair and going to have 2 other smaller pieces that make a full gate. That way you can choose between space gate and gate attached to the floor.

In any case, are they going to fix the problem of the glyphs not lining up with the Chevrons? Either way, as long as we get the Atlantis gate with translucent blue I will be satisfied.
                  sigpic

Comment

When the SG-1 Gate appeared at ToyFair, it was in the same state. It has been confirmed, from inside sources at DST and with large toy retailers, that the gate will be in four pieces and will have atleast two pieces for the floor. However, you should note that the bottom portion of the Atlantis Gate will be hidden as they chose to have a floor display base. But it will be blue and two sided.

As for being correct, Marketing from DST has assured me that they got this Gate correct. The R&D team couldnt provide an answer as to why there were so many screwups on the Earth Gate (Earth glyph wrong, three glyphs out of sequence, and five mysterious glyphs matching no know planets).

Originally posted by Roddy_McKay View Post
                    Gaah! Now I am totally confused. Help! The gate we saw at the Toyfair is in 4 pieces: 1/2 of gate with Shep, 1/2 gate with Weir, and the second wave with two pieces of the base/ramp. Now it is going to be a full gate (4 gate pieces) with 2 other ramp pieces? Are we sure? Pictures? I was just warming up to the idea of a perminanly attached gate to the floor too. Oh well, I will take anything I can get as long as they use the translucent blue that we saw in the fair. That was awesome! Anyway, maybe they are using the two piece gate we saw at the fair and going to have 2 other smaller pieces that make a full gate. That way you can choose between space gate and gate attached to the floor.

In any case, are they going to fix the problem of the glyphs not lining up with the Chevrons? Either way, as long as we get the Atlantis gate with translucent blue I will be satisfied.
                    Once a MARINE, Always a MARINE

God Bless, Protect, and Speed,

Robert Emmett Stephen Doyle IX

Irish by ancestry, American by birth, but MARINE by the grace of God.
                    Fortitudine Vincit, In Deo Speramus, Semper Fidelis

SEMPERTOONS: http://www.sempertoons.com/
                    SEMPERTOONS Store: www.cafepress.com/sempertoons

Comment

To those who are fed up that the Atlantis Stargate is not a "full gate" - it actually makes sense. The Gate accessories are based on the actual set pieces used in the series, so in fact, the Atlantis gate will be acurate to the set used in the Gatruim set at Bridge Studios. At least, thats my take on it.

I also had a nosey at the product lists on Diamond's website. It states:

Created by Jean St Jean Studios using the latest digital scan technology, these 7" figures feature multiple points of articulation and includes series-specific accessories.

Plus, combine all six pieces included with the first and second series to create your own figure-sized Atlantis stargate!
                      So like the SG1 figures, you need to get four characters for the stargate itself, plus two more for the floor Gatrium pieces.
                      Last edited by Thunderbird 2; 09 May 2007, 09:33 AM.
                      Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                      Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
                        To those who are fed up that the Atlantis Stargate is not a "full gate" - it actually makes sense. The Gate accessories are based on the actual set pieces used in the series, so in fact, the Atlantis gate will be acurate to the set used in the Gatruim set at Bridge Studios.
                        As I stated earlier, I got used to the floor gate realizing it would actually be better for display. The only question is where do the six pieces come from? From the image on the website (Thanks, I did not know that DST listed them recently) you can tell that the gate is split at the top. However, at the toy fair it looked like the physical gate is split in only two pieces. Maybe because of the "new detailed back" of the gate, it is split along its axis so Weir and Shep come with the front pieces and Series 2 comes with the 2 back pieces?
                        sigpic

Comment

Finally figured out what's been off (at least to me) on the Shep figure - he's too clean-shaven!

Comment

Does anyone know when the 7" ones will be ready to order?
                            Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi40 View Post
                              Does anyone know when the 7" ones will be ready to order?
                              Some websites are already offering pre-orders on these figures, and (according to the DST website) they should be shipping around the end of August '07.

And what do you mean, 7" ones? All DST figures are about seven inches tall (except Thor). You might be referring to the pewter Stargate figures, which are smaller (but no less expensive, it seems!) which are already available to buy.
                              Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Some websites are already offering pre-orders on these figures, and (according to the DST website) they should be shipping around the end of August '07.
                                Yeah and some of them don't ship to the states

And what do you mean, 7" ones? All DST figures are about seven inches tall (except Thor). You might be referring to the pewter Stargate figures, which are smaller (but no less expensive, it seems!) which are already available to buy.
                                Sorry I guess I got my facts mixed up
                                Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

Comment

Working...
                                X