The "no YES or NO" Spn Q&A game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
    I am currently rewatching S3, and there is quite a gap in the story because of the writers strike. Do you think, that there should be an episode (or an official book/ graphic novel/ comic) dealing with this "lost months" and what the Winchesters were doing to get Dean out of his contract?
    I know I'd buy it if there was!!

Speaking of...Kripke said the plan initially was to get Dean out of the deal, but they had to change it because of the writer's strike. Do you think this was a good thing (that it had to be changed), or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
      Got this from a video where a fan asked Eric, et al. why Sam doesn't get to drive: Do you think Dean should allow Sam to drive more?
      Actually, it's funny - I just re-watched Wendigo, which is only ep 1.02, and Dean gives Sam the keys to drive at the end. So I don't think it's as much of an issue as the fans make it.

I know I'd buy it if there was!!

Speaking of...Kripke said the plan initially was to get Dean out of the deal, but they had to change it because of the writer's strike. Do you think this was a good thing (that it had to be changed), or not?
      I'd say that's the only good thing coming out of the writers' strike then. Unfortunately I was spoilered before watching the season finale, but it was one of the many times Kripke did the unexpected. Most people thought they'd manage to get Dean out of the deal - but then they didn't. And I think it was the better solution, not only because it was a great intro into the whole Angel myth arc, but also because it would have been a bit of a letdown after they had stressed so many times during the season that there was no way Dean could weasel out of this.

This is after a discussion I had with a friend about another character - do you feel the writers are using food to stereotype Dean as a 'hick' or yahoo?

sigpic
      Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Hey...thought I'd show my face in here before the end of the year

I’ve never thought it makes Dean a hick in any way. I see him as a classic archetype.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Kripke based Dean and Sam’s characters on the old classical belief system of Earth, Air, Water and Fire. Dean being more Earth and Fire as he likes the basic pleasures of life. Sex, food and rock music (earth) and also tends to act first and think later (fire).

I like the way Dean and food is used as a fun element too plus there are some who think Dean chomping away is more than a bit sexy. (and you know the writers, they don’t miss a trick)

I see Dean as a semi-father figure to Sam so do you think he could ever let Sam make his own way in life, with his blessing, even though he disagreed with his choice?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
          I see Dean as a semi-father figure to Sam so do you think he could ever let Sam make his own way in life, with his blessing, even though he disagreed with his choice?
          I think Dean did so when Sam left for college. All of Sam's complaints were that John gave him a hard time. He never said Dean did. I also think Dean was giving his blessing in his own way when in Good God, Y'all,
          Spoiler:
          he offered Sam the Impala. Also, when Sam called him a couple episodes later, Dean was still focusing on hunting. He wasn't pestering Sam about coming back.

That said, I don't think he could ever COMPLETELY stop treating him like a kid brother/son in little ways when they are together. No matter how hard he tries and no matter how much Sam asks him to. Look at ep 5.07
          Spoiler:
          The way both Bobby and Dean treat Sam when he wants to play the witch in poker.

Once a parent(big brother) always a parent, no matter how old your 'child' gets.

NOT a spoiler, because I haven't read any and have no clue what will or won't happen: But IF they kill off Bobby (PLEASE NO!!!!!), would you want them to do it in a final episode, or midway through season 8 (I'm optimistic! ) so that we can see some repercussions on such a big loss to the boys?...(I know, I lost the 'yes/no' thing again!)

Comment

NOT a spoiler, because I haven't read any and have no clue what will or won't happen: But IF they kill off Bobby (PLEASE NO!!!!!), would you want them to do it in a final episode, or midway through season 8 (I'm optimistic! ) so that we can see some repercussions on such a big loss to the boys?...(I know, I lost the 'yes/no' thing again!)
            I'm all for S8 as well!!

That said, I'd prefer to see Bobby go - if he has to - in the final episode. The boys have gone through so much loss and hardship, I wouldn't want to see them having to deal with getting over yet another major heartbreak. As much as I like emo whump, there's a limit. And I don't want the boys broken and shattered inside. Actually, if any one of them will be killed off, I'd like them all to go out together with a big bang in the end.

I believe everybody in here is up to speed with S5, so do you think
            Spoiler:
            Chuck and Becky would make a good couple?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
              I believe everybody in here is up to speed with S5, so do you think
              Spoiler:
              Chuck and Becky would make a good couple?
              Probably one of the best matches made on the show. I think they are quite cute together!

Do you notice little inconsistences while watching an episode through the first time (or does it take several viewings and/or someone else pointing them out before you see them)?

Comment

Do you notice little inconsistences while watching an episode through the first time (or does it take several viewings and/or someone else pointing them out before you see them)?
                Very rarely. Usually I'm too caught up in the plot and too busy ogling the pretty boys to notice. I'm shallow, I know. Two things that bothered me on the first watch, though, was the fact that the kid in Dean in the Water was way too grown to be a 4-year old, and the too short night in Bugs. Oh, and I always notice continuity errors with the level of drinks in glasses. I seem to be having an unhealthy attraction to alcohol.

Do you think it's noticeable that all episodes are shot in the same location?

sigpic

Comment

Do you think it's noticeable that all episodes are shot in the same location?
                  I've seen a couple of houses and two different motels used more than once, but I think they do a better job hiding Vancouver than Stargate or X-Files ever did.

Do you think the ongoing story arc is getting too convoluted (a la X-Files)?

Comment

Do you think the ongoing story arc is getting too convoluted (a la X-Files)?
                    *peeking out of lurkdom*

I'm not sure if there's any show I've ever watched that had a more convoluted story arc/mythology than the X-files (I hear Lost has a doozy, but I don't watch). I don't think the current story arc in Supernatural is anywhere near that density.

Do you think a spin-off show of Supernatural would be a success?

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                      *peeking out of lurkdom*

Do you think a spin-off show of Supernatural would be a success?
                      Hi marielabbott!!

The loyal uber-fan in me says "OF COURSE IT WOULD!!". The realist in me (which is the stonger part in me) says, "Sadly, it wouldn't". The original show itself has numbers that barely keep it on the air, and talking to people out in the real world (i.e. those NOT in this forum ), I find that no one else has even heard of Supernatural! It would probably get the kind of numbers that any new CW show gets, which isn't very much, and CW doesn't seem as willing to keep new shows on without the numbers, like they were when Supernatural started.

Have you bought any Supernatural related merchandise? (was this asked before? I can't remember!)

Comment

Have you bought any Supernatural related merchandise? (was this asked before? I can't remember!)
                        I have only purchased the DVDs. I've never been one to buy a lot in the form of fannish merchandise; it comes from being a student, and now repaying all those lovely loans from my time as a student. I did almost buy a hoodie with "Got rock salt?" off Cafe Press awhile back though.

(Please forgive me if this has been asked before; I also can't remember all the questions asked here.)

Have you read any of the Supernatural novels?

Comment

I have only purchased the DVDs. I've never been one to buy a lot in the form of fannish merchandise; it comes from being a student, and now repaying all those lovely loans from my time as a student. I did almost buy a hoodie with "Got rock salt?" off Cafe Press awhile back though.

(Please forgive me if this has been asked before; I also can't remember all the questions asked here.)

Nope, that's a new one! I didn't even know there were Spn novels available, but even so I doubt that I would read them. I bought a few of the Stargate Atlantis novels, and I was rather disappointed. Most of the time the characters seemed OOC. I'd much rather stick to fanfiction, which is written by people who care about the show and know the characters inside out rather than some professional writer who just skims the surface.

Have you ever written a Spn fic?

sigpic

Comment

Have you ever written a Spn fic?
                            Nope. I have an outline in my head, but I just can't decide in which language I should write it. My English isn't good enough to write it in English, but I just can't think about dialogues in German transferring the way the boys treat each other right. I also tend to start FFs and never finish them (drabbles are my friend).

Do you like the artwork of the SPN graphic novels?

Example pages:
                            http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/inde...itle=Origins_1
                            http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/inde...tle=Rising_son
                            Last edited by iolanda; 06 January 2010, 10:24 AM.
                            The cake is a lie!

Comment

I have all the novels. Yep, they are typical tie-novels. The stories by themselves would probably be all right, but they aren't very good Supernatural stories. Everyone is very OOC. Although, I will say the third one was better than the first two. The author that wrote two of them admitted to flaws in the first one. Dean had the wrong eye colour, and he was told by the TPTB that he had Sam drive the car too much (in his first book, Sam drove almost exclusively because Dean felt uncomfortable driving in a big city...??? ). But even in his second book this author has a strange idea of what the character roles are. He is obsessed about the music Dean listens to, and spends waaaay too much time describing in detail Dean sitting around listening to music, not really contributing to the hunt at all.

Sadly, though, I still buy each one because I will take new Supernatural stories anywhere I can get them!

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                              Nope. I have an outline in my head, but I just can't decide in which language I should write it. My English isn't good enough to write it in English, but I just can't think about dialogues in German transferring the way the boys treat each other right. I also tend to start FFs and never finish them (drabbles are my friend).

Do you like the artwork of the SPN graphic novels?

Example pages:
                              http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/inde...itle=Origins_1
                              http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/inde...tle=Rising_son
                              I wanted to quickly answer the FF question, too (aren't I selfish, answering all the questions! ) I also much prefer fan fiction because fans get a lot closer to the heart of the show with the stories AND the character interactions. I came up with a FF idea a couple months ago and a couple Gateworld friends convinced me to at least put it down on 'paper' and send it to the two of them. I might have the nerve to do that, now I am just looking for some time to do so.

Oh, and iolanda, your English is AMAZING! It's much better than I will ever have a second language. If you didn't say it wasn't your first language, I never would have known!

Aren't I supposed to be answering a question here? So sorry about that!

The graphic novels. Yes, I have those, too. I think the artwork is all right. Since Sam and Dean are young, you can take some pretty big liberties with their looks, but I think John looks a little goofy in them.

Have you been able to bring any friends or family into your SPN obsess-...um.... interest?

Comment

My Dad got me in to the show and the closest I've come to converting my sister is her saying Dean is a hottie.

Have you ever met any of the cast?

Comment

Working...
                                X